RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

RC350 Leather seat BURNT

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-16, 04:50 PM
RC420
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC350 Leather seat BURNT

Marijuana thread - you have been warned. No judging please!

A few things I will note before I get started. Let's be adults please and try to help me out I don't want rude replies. Yeah I know I shouldn't be blazing inside the car...but it's awesome to blaze in the spaceship!

I have a 2015 RC350 F Sport in the Ultrasonic blue mica 2.0 w/ Playa colored seats
I live in Florida and the sun is kickin' 24/7 - 90 degree on a daily with sun so strong it'll melt you. I use a sun visor and every week I try to maintain the seats cleaned and moisturized with this I found it at walmart and figured it'll work. I haven't noticed any discoloration or any negative side effects from using this. I notice my back seats ( nobody really sits there ) are creasing a little bit on the sides...which I think is normal?

I smoke weed in my RC350. Yeah big deal right? One day my friend (passenger seat) dropped the joint and it made a small burn on my passenger seat. It is very small, but noticeable because of the color of the seats.
At this point I am already going frantic and paranoid because I know I will have to pay for this. I am on a Lease and was told I am covered for up to $7,500 in wear n' tear. Am I screwed? Anything I can do to fix it myself? Will the dealer slice my throat?

Edit: Oh yeah and will the dealership mind the smell of marijuana? Will it stick? It doesn't smell like cigarettes at all or tobacco. Just pure marijuana. The smell is VERY mild because I usually smoke with the windows down.
First lease ever and I was told to keep the car in best condition possible, which I am. I don't have any dings, scratches, etc.

THANKS GUYS

Last edited by RC420; 07-17-16 at 04:58 PM.
Old 07-17-16, 05:06 PM
Thayios
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RC420
Marijuana thread - you have been warned. No judging please!

A few things I will note before I get started. Let's be adults please and try to help me out I don't want rude replies. Yeah I know I shouldn't be blazing inside the car...but it's awesome to blaze in the spaceship!

I have a 2015 RC350 F Sport in the Ultrasonic blue mica 2.0 w/ Playa colored seats
I live in Florida and the sun is kickin' 24/7 - 90 degree on a daily with sun so strong it'll melt you. I use a sun visor and every week I try to maintain the seats cleaned and moisturized with this I found it at walmart and figured it'll work. I haven't noticed any discoloration or any negative side effects from using this. I notice my back seats ( nobody really sits there ) are creasing a little bit on the sides...which I think is normal?

I smoke weed in my RC350. Yeah big deal right? One day my friend (passenger seat) dropped the joint and it made a small burn on my passenger seat. It is very small, but noticeable because of the color of the seats.
At this point I am already going frantic and paranoid because I know I will have to pay for this. I am on a Lease and was told I am covered for up to $7,500 in wear n' tear. Am I screwed? Anything I can do to fix it myself? Will the dealer slice my throat?

Edit: Oh yeah and will the dealership mind the smell of marijuana? Will it stick? It doesn't smell like cigarettes at all or tobacco. Just pure marijuana. The smell is VERY mild because I usually smoke with the windows down.
First lease ever and I was told to keep the car in best condition possible, which I am. I don't have any dings, scratches, etc.

THANKS GUYS
Don't smoke joints, use a vaporizer (much cleaner and won't stick to everything plus easy to disguise in smell)...not that I would know by experience or anything.
Old 07-17-16, 05:23 PM
RC420
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Thayios
Don't smoke joints, use a vaporizer (much cleaner and won't stick to everything plus easy to disguise in smell)...not that I would know by experience or anything.
Yeah I have a very high quality vape but when I am with either a female or a friend we use joints. Passing the vape around is eww.
Old 07-17-16, 07:08 PM
PAPI007
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm sorry but this is the funniest thing I have read all day!
Old 07-17-16, 07:17 PM
RC420
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PAPI007
I'm sorry but this is the funniest thing I have read all day!
Haha thanks Papi007 and wanna know the best part? I'm dead serious about everything. Just really concerned as I don't want to look like I trashed the car. Here's a picture of the burn I am referring too in the OP.
Old 07-17-16, 07:27 PM
Thayios
Rookie

Haha, "if I smoked", I would only smoke with people I didn't care if they touched my vaporizer lol. There's always replaceable tips as well that you can swap out (Pax2, my favorite, has magnetic tips that swap easily).

As far as lease, let me know as this is my first lease as well lol
Old 07-17-16, 07:36 PM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

Smoking anything in any car is a pretty dumb thing to do, for several reasons. Smoking anything in a luxury car is even dumber. Smoking in a car you do not even own is even dumber yet. Smoking weed in a leased car . . . I could go on with this for a while, but I'll stop here. (As for the fix to the mark on the seat, get a colored marker from Staples or from a craft store, and hope the lease inspector does not notice.)

Last edited by tfischer; 07-17-16 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Removed references to Smashburgers being really tasty.
Old 07-17-16, 07:38 PM
Thayios
Rookie

Originally Posted by tfischer
Smoking anything in any car is a pretty dumb thing to do, for several reasons. Smoking anything is a car not your own, such as a leased car, is even dumber. Smoking weed in a leased car . . . I could go on with this for a while, but I'll stop here. (As for the fix to the mark on the seat, get a colored marker from Staples or from a craft store, and hope the lease inspector does not notice.)
I agree, I wouldn't ruin this beautiful car with any kind of smoking!
Old 07-17-16, 09:41 PM
jaywuzhere
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Dont know if this will work, but try this odorless/colorless cleaner from chemical guys http://www.chemicalguys.com/Nonsense...spi_993_16.htm It may get rid of the discoloration if you try a couple applications... and if your lucky of course.
Old 07-17-16, 10:11 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

That burn will not be considered normal wear and tear...more like excessive damage. Unless you find a way to hide it, they will probably charge you because it specifically states burns to seat. I don't think they can charge you for smell, so you're safe there. Sucks for the next owner though.

Here's a link to lease wear guidelines:
http://m.lexusfinancial.com/pub/stat...D_Brochure.pdf

If you bought the excessive wear package at the beginning of your lease, you'll be fine.
Old 07-18-16, 03:23 AM
Thayios
Rookie

It does say the size of a credit card, so maybe everything will be alright?
Old 07-18-16, 03:28 AM
RC420
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Thayios
It does say the size of a credit card, so maybe everything will be alright?
Yeah that's what I read. Not sure if I have this exact program. It seems "excessive" is actually quite larger than a small burn on a seat...they give you a credit card to measure excessive I can't even measure the burn with a penny.
Old 07-18-16, 03:30 AM
Thayios
Rookie

I wouldn't worry much about it. They can repair that small burn and just hope no one notices it when they go to sell it on the lot.
Old 07-18-16, 11:01 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Definetely the most interesting thread I've read all day. Get someone to color match the paint for you and paint over it lol. Hopefully no one will notice.
Old 07-18-16, 11:54 AM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

Thay: you don't care about someone seeing the burn spot when the car is eventually for sale "on the lot." You are out of the transaction by that time.
At the end of your lease, someone from the leasing company will inspect the car to determine if any charges are due for damage or excess wear and tear. Once you turn the car back over to the leasing company, which owns it, your responsibilities are over, and the leasing company will sell it for whatever it can get on the market. Some lease inspectors are more observant than others, if you get my drift.
Good luck, and quit smoking in the car!
Smoke in bed like everybody else.

Quick Reply: RC350 Leather seat BURNT