Front Camber Arms 15' Rc350 awd

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-16, 11:51 AM
Fsportf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Front Camber Arms 15' Rc350 awd

What's up guys.

I have GS tanabe springs on the RC350 awd went for an oil change at 23k and then I was told that my left front tire was worn out from the inside and I have a negative camber. Turns out it was from the springs and it cannot be adjusted fully. Its at -1.1 now. Are there camber arms that would help with balancing it back to even? I believe the RC and GS have the same chasis? So would GS camber arms fit on them?
I guess this is a heads up to those who want to put springs on their cars, I personally did not know this would happen. I was thinking either go back to stock springs. Rotational tires. Or camber arms if there are any for the RC.

Anyone with more xp please share your thoughts. Thanks.

Rear two tires are fine although there is a slight camber but barely noticeable and they still have 50% tread. Front two were worn out. The left front driver had metal sticking out and I didnt even notice bc it was on the inside only after 20k miles of driving on it.
Old 06-18-16, 03:49 PM
LEBOB
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am having similar problem with my car, it's been lowered with tanabe springs and my camber was leaking some greasy oil and therefore the alignment could not be done. I only have 14k miles on.
Old 06-18-16, 10:16 PM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts

Ugh, I had all sorts of nightmares with my lowered TSX. Camber issues led to massive tire replacements -- not to mention drive axle issues and a few other things. I love the look of the lowered cars, and although it's always on my mind I think I'm going to settle with the 4x4 stock height on my AWD.

I hope you are able to rectify this issue!
Old 06-19-16, 12:49 PM
rcJten
Lead Lap

Received 74 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by Fsportf
What's up guys.

I have GS tanabe springs on the RC350 awd went for an oil change at 23k and then I was told that my left front tire was worn out from the inside and I have a negative camber. Turns out it was from the springs and it cannot be adjusted fully. Its at -1.1 now. Are there camber arms that would help with balancing it back to even? I believe the RC and GS have the same chasis? So would GS camber arms fit on them?
I guess this is a heads up to those who want to put springs on their cars, I personally did not know this would happen. I was thinking either go back to stock springs. Rotational tires. Or camber arms if there are any for the RC.

Anyone with more xp please share your thoughts. Thanks.

Rear two tires are fine although there is a slight camber but barely noticeable and they still have 50% tread. Front two were worn out. The left front driver had metal sticking out and I didnt even notice bc it was on the inside only after 20k miles of driving on it.
Was the car aligned after the spring installation? They should have set your front camber to the -1.1 then. -1 camber wear should be pretty minimal. If you're eating through tires, it's usually due to the toe not being aligned.
Old 06-20-16, 06:50 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

FsportF is correct. Lowering 101. As soon as you complete any suspension mod (for the most part) an alignment is needed.

I have the Tanabe lowering springs on my 2015 AWD RC and it sits perfectly. Also, got an alignment done at Lexus the same day as the drop and they were able to get as close to factory spec as possible without a camber kit. The camber is fine and will not wear my tires abnormally fast when compared to stock but it will slightly more. My real issue is that I run staggered wheels....and that means more rubber needed.

Last edited by lexual_rc; 06-20-16 at 07:29 AM.