RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

SRS Airbag warning light?

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-16, 11:47 AM
Reptaur
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SRS Airbag warning light?

On the drive to work this morning I stopped for a Monster (Gronk flavor in case anyone was curious). I come back out to the car start it and the orange warning light comes on, and in my display under the spedo it says "Check SRS system".

It was another 6min to work haven't had time to jump in and see if its still on yet... when I take lunch I intend to see if its still on and then call to see if any other issues.

Until I take lunch was curious if anyone else has had this issue?

RC 350 F-sport AWD
Old 06-06-16, 04:11 PM
lexusrus
Pole Position

Received 250 Likes on 228 Posts

I would get it checked out by a Lexus dealership ASAP. Maybe even ask them to dispatch a FLAT BED TRUCK to take it in (meaning all 4 wheels of your RC off the ground and on the FLAT BED tow truck). This is especially important for your RC due to AWD!!! I don't think it can be towed with just the rear wheels off the ground on your AWD. Even then, you run the risk of front bumper scraping the road/ramps.

Originally Posted by Reptaur
On the drive to work this morning I stopped for a Monster (Gronk flavor in case anyone was curious). I come back out to the car start it and the orange warning light comes on, and in my display under the spedo it says "Check SRS system".

It was another 6min to work haven't had time to jump in and see if its still on yet... when I take lunch I intend to see if its still on and then call to see if any other issues.

Until I take lunch was curious if anyone else has had this issue?

RC 350 F-sport AWD
Old 06-07-16, 07:17 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusrus
I would get it checked out by a Lexus dealership ASAP. Maybe even ask them to dispatch a FLAT BED TRUCK to take it in (meaning all 4 wheels of your RC off the ground and on the FLAT BED tow truck). This is especially important for your RC due to AWD!!! I don't think it can be towed with just the rear wheels off the ground on your AWD. Even then, you run the risk of front bumper scraping the road/ramps.
Thats good to know and I didn't even think of that. If I never need a tow for my AWD, I will need to get a bed.
Old 06-07-16, 08:17 AM
Reptaur
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I could not re-create the problem, the light did not come on at lunch, after work, or running to get dinner, also not again this morning... I will be calling into lexus on my lunch and asking them their opinion... hoping it was a one time gremlin and not a lifelong issue, updates to follow as I get them