RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

New Member - Few Mods

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-16, 11:52 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by 10lexISR6
You can buy and have added high low coverters to a factory sound system, in order to incorporate RCA inputs for amplifiers. If you just want to add a sub to your stock system etc., you don't HAVE to change your OEM head unit, but to optimize the best sound quality it's recommended. More frequency controls and high volt outputs with digital processors for better sound quality are some of the benefits of aftermarket head units.

It looks like he's running an 8 gauge power kit, so probably just a sub amp and not a 4 channel too.
Thats exactly what I want to do as I am only concerned with the lows....a small sub I mean. I just didn't want to tear apart the lex to do it either. I am curious if this is what he did to his too. Would love to get the details and exact parts needed to do this.
Old 07-18-16, 07:17 AM
dychang174
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm not sure exactly what parts are needed as I went to my cousins shop and he did it for me........everything cost under $500 and its a pre-fab box as i did not want him to spend the time building a custom box......but ill ask him and get the exact parts but im also sure theres an audiophile person here that can answer with more details.......i may go with a custom trunk system in the future and have the box cutout in the shape of the back section of the trunk so it looks like a flat wall

I do not have the Mark Levinson and i did not change out the factory head unit as I did not want to mess with the center console since i'm sure there is no kit available for an aftermarket headunit and would prob mess with the electronics

I have a 12" Kicker Punch P2......just wanted to hit and the factory highs are good enough

But if i do get bored and have extra funds i might change out the factory highs or add an amp to the factory highs but the next thing i'm loooking for is either an exhaust, rims, or waiting for a cheap replica lip kit because i cant justify spending $2,500 before paint for a lip kit

Also Lexus is made very durable and my sub kicks really hard and i have little to no rattle......the rattle actually comes from the license plate trim on the back trunk but i doesnt rattle much

Last edited by dychang174; 07-18-16 at 07:22 AM.
Old 07-18-16, 08:25 AM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by dychang174
I'm not sure exactly what parts are needed as I went to my cousins shop and he did it for me........everything cost under $500 and its a pre-fab box as i did not want him to spend the time building a custom box......but ill ask him and get the exact parts but im also sure theres an audiophile person here that can answer with more details.......i may go with a custom trunk system in the future and have the box cutout in the shape of the back section of the trunk so it looks like a flat wall

I do not have the Mark Levinson and i did not change out the factory head unit as I did not want to mess with the center console since i'm sure there is no kit available for an aftermarket headunit and would prob mess with the electronics

I have a 12" Kicker Punch P2......just wanted to hit and the factory highs are good enough

But if i do get bored and have extra funds i might change out the factory highs or add an amp to the factory highs but the next thing i'm loooking for is either an exhaust, rims, or waiting for a cheap replica lip kit because i cant justify spending $2,500 before paint for a lip kit

Also Lexus is made very durable and my sub kicks really hard and i have little to no rattle......the rattle actually comes from the license plate trim on the back trunk but i doesnt rattle much

Awesome, please do let me know. I guess you needed an amp for that sub...where did you mount it? Yea I would get something prefabricated as well. A 10" most probably.
Old 07-18-16, 08:54 AM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Told you bro, high low converter. Any car audio shop can and does it. Best buy even. It's common for people who don't want to change out their factory head units.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/271558403520

Scosche is a good brand in the industry.
Old 07-18-16, 11:53 AM
lexual_rc

Told you bro, high low converter. Any car audio shop can and does it. Best buy even. It's common for people who don't want to change out their factory head units.

Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.com/itm/271558403520

Scosche is a good brand in the industry.
So all I need is this, an amp/ sub in box and the wire kit to be good to go. Any DIY's for the RC350...I'd like to get some ideas for something clean in terms of mounting the amp and running the wire and can probably do it myself if it isn't too complicated. Probably do this and put in the beat sonic bypass at the same time so I won't have to go back behind the radio again. Don't want to hyjack this thread. Please PM for any advice, etc. Thanks in advance.
Old 07-19-16, 09:48 AM
dychang174
Driver

nah you're good but the amp is mounted onto the back seat......wires are all tucked inside the car somewhere but yes all you need is the above converter, amp, sub, box, wire kit
Old 07-19-16, 09:56 AM
dychang174
Driver

also if you look at the 3rd picture i posted with the steering wheel......next to the shifter(P / R / D) on the black carpet part you can sort of see the bass control ****......its right where the beige leather and the black carpet meet......decided to mount it there to hide
Old 07-19-16, 11:23 AM
lexual_rc

also if you look at the 3rd picture i posted with the steering wheel......next to the shifter(P / R / D) on the black carpet part you can sort of see the bass control ****......its right where the beige leather and the black carpet meet......decided to mount it there to hide
Cool, thank you for the useful info!
Old 11-15-16, 03:49 PM
sirdimarco
Pole Position

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Curious to see where you are now in your build. Still have the car even?
Old 11-16-16, 05:20 AM
forcaport7
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

How much space do you have between the engine cover and the strut bar? Iv'e heard these run lower than they should, i know a few people that have taken their engine cover off before install, and have left it off.
Old 11-18-16, 11:36 AM
AIK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The steering wheel is nice
Old 12-13-16, 07:39 AM
dychang174
Driver

Still have the car, but because of holiday season I haven't been able to put any money into it. But next on the list is Vossen Rims / Ark Exhaust / Lip Kit.......not sure which order to buy it in but definitely want those then I'll be pretty happy with the car.

There is not much space between the strut and the engine cover......i don't think my whole finger can fit under the space......but i like how the engine cover looks so ill keep it on for now......also its easy to pop it off its just lke 3 bolts and you can pop one side off and lift the bar up to get to the engine if you have to
Old 12-13-16, 07:40 AM
dychang174
Driver

I did switch out the sub for a 12" Kicker Solo Baric L7
Old 01-04-17, 03:29 AM
Jaylex350
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to confirm dychang174, your car is not ML (Mark Levinson) equipped right? Based on the appearance of your radio *****. I want those...
WOW.....Some of you guys on here can be fussy, I have the Mark Levinson system in my RC F sport and have never worried about how those ***** look...
The wheels are what I didn't like ...each to there own I suppose.....
Old 01-04-17, 11:55 AM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaylex350
WOW.....Some of you guys on here can be fussy, I have the Mark Levinson system in my RC F sport and have never worried about how those ***** look...
The wheels are what I didn't like ...each to there own I suppose.....
Its an individual choice that sets ones car aside from the next. Yes, to each their own.

Quick Reply: New Member - Few Mods