RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-16, 09:48 PM
sinasdca
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your opinion

Hey everyone, my lease on my 3IS is about to be up and I'm thinking if I should do the new 2017 IS or the RC. I was pretty set on the RC until I saw the new IS facelift.
I'm 26 and have no kids, nor married and the IS is my second car which I use as a pleasure car.
I love how the RC sits on the GS platform which is big but I wanna know what you guys as RC owners think. I care about the car being fun, sporty and quick when I need it to be. I currently have the IS350 F Sport and thinking about getting the RC350 F Sport.
Old 05-12-16, 10:53 PM
ARM350F
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've driven both and I ended going with the IS, but go for the RC mix things up. The RC is also no slouch plus it does get looks that the IS doesn't.
Old 05-13-16, 06:20 AM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

I was driving along a Lexus IS this morning. It's honestly a great looking car. I have no driven it so can't give you an opinion on that. In terms of looks, both look great, but the RC will certainly give you more looks. I'm also 26, no kids and no wife :P so had to upgrade from my camry to the RC.
Old 05-13-16, 06:54 AM
EZZ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 227 Likes on 170 Posts

They are the same car. I'd go different and go get a Q60 Red Sport or something else like that.
Old 05-13-16, 07:30 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you are going to lease, go lease a CPO RC-F if you have one in the area or a Porsche or Audi or something lol
Old 05-13-16, 07:46 AM
ZAM
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I think you should lease a Rolls Royce Wraith...

I think you might have accidentally deleted part of the title. It should read "Your opinion doesn't matter"

Test drive both and see what you like.
Old 05-13-16, 10:19 PM
sinasdca
Driver School Candidate

Yeah I will def test drive the RC. I just love the fact that it's a coupe and
I personally think it looks better than the IS! But I also read that it's a heavier car so some loss of power!
Old 05-14-16, 05:34 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by sinasdca
Yeah I will def test drive the RC. I just love the fact that it's a coupe and
I personally think it looks better than the IS! But I also read that it's a heavier car so some loss of power!
I've been thinking about trading my RC in for the IS and yesterday I went to look at the IS once again and drive it. I have been thinking about trading my RC because of a pre-existing back issue that the RC aggravated because the car sits low.

After having my RC for one year and then going back and looking at the IS I feel like the IS is outdated. The front doesn't look as sharp and sporty as the RC, the actual navigation screen seems smaller, the clock doesn't look as good, The ML system doesn't sound as good. Back of the car looks outdated compared to the RC. So if I'm going to make a trade at some point and go back to the IS I'm going to have to wait to see what the 2017 looks like. I actually felt like the grill looks outdated in the IS in the back of the car looked outdated which was weird because I love the IS. But I guess it's just stems from having the RC for almost a year that I really have appreciated it's body style. Maybe that's another reason why Lexus gave the IS a body update to make it less irrelevant and outdated compared to the RC even though I know they are completely different cars so haters don't hate on me for that statement.

Lexus really updated the fit and finishes in the RC compared to the IS and it would be nice to see them carry that over to at least the IS 350 to make that stand out a little bit more above the other models in the line. So it's a little hard to give up those nicer fit and finishes in the RC to go back to the 2016 IS model. So I guess I will have to see what the 2017 IS looks like.

Last edited by dstopsie; 05-14-16 at 05:41 AM.
Old 05-14-16, 08:01 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

As much as I'm a Lexus guy, if you want a coupe I'd consider a BMW 228i or Audi A5. The Lexus models I've had develop annoying rattles that the dealership cannot fix, a real pet-peeve of mine. Keep in mind that the A5 will be changed about a year from now.

The RC is overweight with disappointing performance and gas mileage because of this. It's looks are so-so. That said, I'd still take it over the IS, which I agree, is outdated.
Old 05-14-16, 02:00 PM
BBALLBill
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey everyone, my lease on my 3IS is about to be up and I'm thinking if I should do the new 2017 IS or the RC. I was pretty set on the RC until I saw the new IS facelift.
I'm 26 and have no kids, nor married and the IS is my second car which I use as a pleasure car.
I love how the RC sits on the GS platform which is big but I wanna know what you guys as RC owners think. I care about the car being fun, sporty and quick when I need it to be. I currently have the IS350 F Sport and thinking about getting the RC350 F Sport.
I bought mine October 31, 2015. It is sporty, stylish, quick and extremely fun. No maintenance issues and interestingly in Phoenix unique as you don't see any around. This I like lots; the uniqueness. You'll have fun with it. Bill
Old 05-14-16, 06:20 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

Go for a left over 15' rcf or Lcertified with 467hp. I think you would get tired of the rc350 as it has the same engine as is350 and heavier. Sounds like you work hard and with no strings attached. Gotta splurge a bit before getting tied down haha
Old 05-15-16, 03:24 PM
sinasdca
Driver School Candidate

I agree with the IS being in need of a facelift and that's the only reason I'm even considering it due to the new facelift it got. As far as another brand like BMW or Audi, that's a no for me. Never liked either of those brands.
The RC-F I would love to have but it just doesn't make sense to get at the moment. Although I haven't really looked at how much is the price difference between the RC350 and the RC-F
Old 05-15-16, 06:38 PM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

I agree with the IS being in need of a facelift and that's the only reason I'm even considering it due to the new facelift it got. As far as another brand like BMW or Audi, that's a no for me. Never liked either of those brands.
The RC-F I would love to have but it just doesn't make sense to get at the moment. Although I haven't really looked at how much is the price difference between the RC350 and the RC-F
If you look and negotiate hard enough with the current inventory across the states on cars.com, you can get a new one for mid-high 50s before ttl and used ones less than 5k miles for low 50s. How much rc350s go for?
Old 05-15-16, 09:13 PM
sinasdca
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ssmoked
If you look and negotiate hard enough with the current inventory across the states on cars.com, you can get a new one for mid-high 50s before ttl and used ones less than 5k miles for low 50s. How much rc350s go for?
Well I know here in SoCal they are doing the 350s for anywhere from 48k to 54k