RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

How much to fix it?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-16, 07:07 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default How much to fix it?

So someone swiped me in a parking lot. No note left of course! How much do you think to fix? Part of passenger door dented in as well as rear panel.

Old 05-06-16, 07:27 PM
ZAM
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Sorry about your car. In all honesty, I don't anyone can give you an accurate estimate for the repair. How deep are the scratches because a lot of them look like they can be polished out and then you could go with PDR. Your best bet is to look for a Lexus Certified collision center or a reputable bodyshop to get an estimate.I would also check for any surveillance cameras to find out what car hit you.
Old 05-06-16, 07:28 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

^^bump^^^^
Old 05-06-16, 07:30 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ZAM
Sorry about your car. In all honesty, I don't anyone can give you an accurate estimate for the repair. How deep are the scratches because a lot of them look like they can be polished out and then you could go with PDR. Your best bet is to look for a Lexus Certified collision center or a reputable bodyshop to get an estimate.I would also check for any surveillance cameras to find out what car hit you.
Thanks for your reply. Not concerned about the petty BS, just want it to be fixed. While the scratches do seems superficial, there are creases as well.
Old 05-06-16, 07:33 PM
Ahhadanny
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

This happened to a friend of mine also in a parking lot. Her Lexus ES got scratched just like yours. No note left! Dealer's estimate is 1.8k. Now she's trying to get more estimates.

So so sorry to see this happen to you . Despicable people really should have been punished.
Old 05-06-16, 07:35 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Ahhadanny
This happened to a friend of mine also in a parking lot. Her Lexus ES got scratched just like yours. No note left! Dealer's estimate is 1.8k. Now she's trying to get more estimates.

So so sorry to see this happen to you . Despicable people really should have been punished.

Yeah. I stopped at the market to get mum flowers for mothers day! Who would have guessed!
Old 05-06-16, 07:52 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

^^bump^^^^^^^^^^
Old 05-06-16, 08:24 PM
VTsuckah
Lead Lap

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Why does it matter how much it will take? The repair cost likely will be more than your insurance deductable. Make a claim and get it fixed.
Old 05-06-16, 08:26 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by VTsuckah
Why does it matter how much it will take? The repair cost likely will be more than your insurance deductable. Make a claim and get it fixed.
Just wondering what the cost might be irregardless. Sometimes people don't want to go through insurance because it will increase rates.
Old 05-07-16, 09:03 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FUZCO
Just wondering what the cost might be irregardless. Sometimes people don't want to go through insurance because it will increase rates.
This should not increase your insurance rates because it's a hit-and-run and it should not be under your collision part of your policy because you're not driving the car. The car was parked and it was hit-and-run so they can't possibly blame this all on you because like I said you were not driving. Might go under the comprehensive portion of your policy which should not raise your rates as far as I know only when you have a collision and you're driving the car your rates would go up. In the past I've had claims under the collision portion of my policy and my insurance never was raised when it was not my fault
Old 05-07-16, 09:18 AM
nelson143
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry man, that sucks. It happened to me a few years ago with my Audi.
Old 05-07-16, 02:11 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by nelson143
Sorry man, that sucks. It happened to me a few years ago with my Audi.
How much did it wind up costing you to get fixed?
Old 05-08-16, 10:45 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

FUZCO, so sorry this happened. It has to anger and sadden you, but when fixed by today's techniques, should be as good as new.
Old 05-08-16, 11:34 AM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Canesguy
FUZCO, so sorry this happened. It has to anger and sadden you, but when fixed by today's techniques, should be as good as new.
Hey man. Thanks for the kind words. More disappointed and upset than anything else. I understand **** happens. Here in NJ, insurance is good for **** because there are so many drivers on the road that the underwriters find any little stipulation to neglect payment. Here in NJ, underinsured motorist only covers for personal injury in a hit and run, not property / vehicle damage; so it would only be covered by collision which would come up on a vehicle history report. Since the damage is only cosmetic, I'd rather not put a claim on this. Plus, if I ever want to change insurance companies, it will be factored in the rates even though it wouldn't affect my current premium. You need to have and pay a pretty penny for insurance and still have to pay when you shouldn't.

In all, it's just a couple grand out of pocket that I don't want to spend. It could be even more. Not sure if a new door is needed or how much paint it involved. The car has 2800 mi after one year and was otherwise perfect besides a couple of tiny pits on the windshield. My stomach turns thinking of the shop having to remove door panels and work the interior with the possibility of scratching and marking things up on the material and trim.

I will find out tomorrow what the $ will be. Luckily I have another car I can use. I'm hoping there's no "waiting line" for work to start and that it won't be more than a few days in shop.

I want this done right away because I refuse to drive a damaged car. It makes me feel dirty. I haven't even told anyone yet and have it parked so that it can't be seen.

Cheers.
Old 05-08-16, 04:36 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Here's another picture of the damage ... It actually scratched the wheel and cause some damage to the bumper.

Quick Reply: How much to fix it?