RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Bolt on RC350 Exhaust options

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-16, 01:18 AM
RickHansen
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Bolt on RC350 Exhaust options

Hi, I am prepared to order a bolt on exhaust but does anyone know what is a true bolt on one? My car has different flanges to what I am used to. Will a standard flange bolt to it? or is there a particular system that will fit?
Attached Images   
Old 04-27-16, 07:25 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Save your money and do a muffler delete. One that will be a one piece direct replacement for stock so you can put it back together whenever you want. Most people on the forum will agree it sounds amazing and saves money and looks great depending on the tips you choose. Search the exhaust forums..
Old 04-27-16, 04:22 PM
RickHansen
Rookie

Yeah, no offence but I think Muffler deletes sound great while you are up it but absolutely horrible just putting around. It reminds me of a 17 year old with a try hard boy racer
Old 04-27-16, 05:08 PM
lexual_rc

That's because you haven't heard it on our car yet. Ask other members on here...even the rcF owners are a little jealous we have this option...lol. Also there's no drone and "putt" like you mention. If your in the market for an aftermarket exhaust check and forums and listen to each for yourself but they all produce a similar or worse sound IMO. I love the sound so I usually drive in manual mode, but if you drive in automatic you wont hear anything....it sounds identical to stock....unless of course you slam the gas.

So yea, I'll keep enjoying the look and sound of my custom staggered quad burnt tip muffler deleted exhaust that I spent less than 300 bucks on....plus can put back to stock whenever I want cause its a 1 piece bolt on!
Old 04-27-16, 05:40 PM
Sim
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't get it, get a $50k car but then cut corners on modifications. To each their own I suppose.
Old 04-27-16, 06:26 PM
RickHansen
Rookie

Default Sound Clp?

Originally Posted by suvi2k
That's because you haven't heard it on our car yet. Ask other members on here...even the rcF owners are a little jealous we have this option...lol. Also there's no drone and "putt" like you mention. If your in the market for an aftermarket exhaust check and forums and listen to each for yourself but they all produce a similar or worse sound IMO. I love the sound so I usually drive in manual mode, but if you drive in automatic you wont hear anything....it sounds identical to stock....unless of course you slam the gas.

So yea, I'll keep enjoying the look and sound of my custom staggered quad burnt tip muffler deleted exhaust that I spent less than 300 bucks on....plus can put back to stock whenever I want cause its a 1 piece bolt on!

Can we have a listen? I am curious of an idle sound. Ta
Old 04-27-16, 06:50 PM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by RickHansen
Can we have a listen? I am curious of an idle sound. Ta
Search the forums, theres plenty of videos on exhaust threads...I didn't make a video. At cold start you can hear mine sound similar to the patented G35/z growl (that everyone loves) but better and after a few minutes you don't hear anything more than how it would stock.
Old 04-27-16, 06:59 PM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by Sim
I don't get it, get a $50k car but then cut corners on modifications. To each their own I suppose.
I don't get it either...I heard the ark catback exhaust you have in person...it sounded really good!

http://www.arkperformance.com/ARK-GR...1501-0215g.htm

However I and the exhaust shop owner who had it on his RC agreed that my muffler delete sounded better. But then maybe your a performance enthusiast...whats that get you...an extra 5 HP for $1600.00?

But your absolutely right...to each their own. Cheers!
Old 04-27-16, 07:32 PM
Sim
Pit Crew

I don't get it either...I heard the ark catback exhaust you have in person...it sounded really good!

http://www.arkperformance.com/ARK-GR...1501-0215g.htm

However I and the exhaust shop owner who had it on his RC agreed that my muffler delete sounded better. But then maybe your a performance enthusiast...whats that get you...an extra 5 HP for $1600.00?

But your absolutely right...to each their own. Cheers!
Apparently your only concern is aesthetics and scene points. Cheers!
Old 04-27-16, 07:40 PM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by Sim
Apparently your only concern is aesthetics and scene points. Cheers!
LOL...you're right...you go ahead and enjoy your performance gain.
I'll wait to do some real performance mods when it actually becomes more available for this car.
Old 04-27-16, 07:41 PM
Sim
Pit Crew

LOL...your right...you go ahead and enjoy your performance gain.
I'll wait to do some real performance mods when it actually becomes more available for this car.
*you're

Cheers!
Old 04-27-16, 07:43 PM
lexual_rc

Originally Posted by Sim
*you're

Cheers!
Thanks. Your car and your brain work really fast!
Old 04-27-16, 07:44 PM
Sim
Pit Crew

Thanks. Your car and your brain work really fast!
Lol kids

Cheers!
Old 04-27-16, 08:37 PM
ZAM
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

forum fights are interesting...

I have the ARK exhaust as well and the 6 hp are to the wheels and not the crank. I don't carry a stopwatch on me when I drive. I just enjoy the noise. At first, I honestly hated the ARK exhaust because it was so much louder than what I thought it was gonna be. But, now after several months of ownership, I love the exhaust system even though it has some slight drone on the highway. It also pops a lot on sport mode whenever the car downshifts!

As for the muffler delete, as long as you enjoy it then that's all that matters.
Old 04-28-16, 01:42 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

The bolt on exhaust system thats probably the most popular is the Ark Performance exhaust.. Not sure where you're located, sounds outside of the United States, but let me know if you're looking for one.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886

Quick Reply: Bolt on RC350 Exhaust options