RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Special Order 2016 RC 350 AWD

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-16, 04:22 PM
NjDude
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Special Order 2016 RC 350 AWD

After all this time waiting with patience, I finally placed my order of RC 350 AWD. I am told it will take at least 2 months before the car can be delivered. Following is what I ordered. Can not wait for it.

EXTERIOR: INFRARED

INTERIOR: FLAXEN LEATHER WITH LINEAR DARK MOCHA WOOD TRIM
LUXURY PACKAGE

NAVIGATION/MARK LEVINSON(R) AUDIO PACKAGE

19-IN WHEELS WITH ALL-SEASON TIRES*

INTUITIVE PARKING ASSIST*

PRE-COLLISION SYSTEM* WITH ALL-SPEED DYNAMIC RADAR CRUISE CONTROL*

LED FOGLAMPS
REAR BUMPER APPLIQUÉ

CARGO NET, Trunk Mat, Wheels Locks.

SUNROOF.
Old 04-10-16, 04:39 PM
ZAM
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Congrats, it looks like you got fully loaded RC. Infrared will definitely look good on your car. Also, did not know that the premium 19 inch wheels could come with all weather tires.
Old 04-10-16, 07:18 PM
RealMCR12
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts

Congrats! Will be a long wait, but certainly worth it!
Old 04-10-16, 10:40 PM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Nice color combo!

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-11-16, 06:12 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ZAM
Congrats, it looks like you got fully loaded RC. Infrared will definitely look good on your car. Also, did not know that the premium 19 inch wheels could come with all weather tires.
Thanks everyone. Well, I think if you order the AWD, then with any wheels size, you get the all weather tires, they come in handy in our winters. But, I wanted to wait for the weather to get better so I can enjoy the ride during summer
Old 04-11-16, 07:31 AM
tfischer

Received 194 Likes on 147 Posts

Dude:
That's pretty much my car, except I don't have the ML, and I have the spoiler, which any dealer can add. I get a lot of comments, especially on the paint. You will enjoy this a lot.
Old 04-11-16, 08:00 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tfischer
Dude:
That's pretty much my car, except I don't have the ML, and I have the spoiler, which any dealer can add. I get a lot of comments, especially on the paint. You will enjoy this a lot.
Nice. Yes, so looking forward to it now. Have to wait patiently though. I also traded in my 2006 IS AWD. I got the car from the same salesman and to my surprise, they gave me a decent trade in value for my old car (11K). I kept the car in great shape and they said that after 10 years, the car still looks new.

Funny thing is that I test drove the Porsche Cayman, C-Class coupe and BMW 4 series and was only the happiest in the RC. I know, to each his own, but I love the Luxurious ride quality, the ergonomics paired with HOT styling of the RC. The Cayman looked like a toy car IMO.
Old 04-11-16, 08:17 AM
tfischer

Dude, the RC was pretty much the only thing I was looking at. My salesman gave me a very good trade-in value for my SC430, which was 14 years old, but in excellent shape with low miles.
You may not like this part of the story: on the first day of delivery, the salesman called me to drive the first RC, a white one without many options, if any. I liked the drive, but gave him a list of the one color and the options I needed and was willing to wait for. He cautioned that such a specific list would take a while, as deliveries were slow with the new model and the dealers were not trading cars because of the demand. Still, he had someone in the building call around and they talked to a dealership in Michigan (Grand Rapids, I think) who had the car exactly as I had specified. That salesman said it was not sold yet and was in the shop getting a spoiler added. He told my guy he only had one serious RC customer so far, and that guy was looking for a white one stripped down. So they traded, and two days later, after a transportation charge, I had my car exactly as I preferred. (So did some guy in Michigan.) Sorry to hear you had to order one and will have to wait, but it's worth holding out for what you want, as you will have it for a pretty long time.
Old 04-11-16, 10:27 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by tfischer
Dude, the RC was pretty much the only thing I was looking at. My salesman gave me a very good trade-in value for my SC430, which was 14 years old, but in excellent shape with low miles.
You may not like this part of the story: on the first day of delivery, the salesman called me to drive the first RC, a white one without many options, if any. I liked the drive, but gave him a list of the one color and the options I needed and was willing to wait for. He cautioned that such a specific list would take a while, as deliveries were slow with the new model and the dealers were not trading cars because of the demand. Still, he had someone in the building call around and they talked to a dealership in Michigan (Grand Rapids, I think) who had the car exactly as I had specified. That salesman said it was not sold yet and was in the shop getting a spoiler added. He told my guy he only had one serious RC customer so far, and that guy was looking for a white one stripped down. So they traded, and two days later, after a transportation charge, I had my car exactly as I preferred. (So did some guy in Michigan.) Sorry to hear you had to order one and will have to wait, but it's worth holding out for what you want, as you will have it for a pretty long time.
I agree, I am planning to keep the car for a long time, so you are correct, I will be patient and will wait for the car that I configured that will make me happy.
Old 04-11-16, 10:38 AM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Wow, I thought the 3 day wait for my car was long, 2 months is an eternity!

You'll love it when you get it -- enjoy!
Old 04-12-16, 07:21 AM
tfischer

Two months is nothing. I ordered an SC430 when it was still a "concept car," and was put on the waiting list as #12. Eighteen months later, after 11 other early birds got cars, I was able to pick it up and drive it home (April, 2001). At that time, there were about 150 behind me on the waiting list (that's the list at my dealership); I should have ordered two, as they were being re-sold at a premium.
Old 04-12-16, 04:17 PM
Autopreme
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Potentially we will create a line for leather trunk mats. However, we are currently focusing on only floor mats. Check out our website, you will like the product. www.autopreme.com

Last edited by Autopreme; 04-13-16 at 11:41 AM.
Old 04-13-16, 11:18 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Autopreme
Potentially we will create a line for leather trunk mats. However, we currently focus on the floor mats only. Check out our website, you will like the product. www.autopreme.com
It appears that your floor mats have been "out of stock" for few months now. Any plans to update the stock/inventory? or will these be custom orders only? As per this string, I am considering these for my "on order" RC 350 AWD. Thanks.
Old 04-13-16, 11:41 AM
Autopreme
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NjDude
It appears that your floor mats have been "out of stock" for few months now. Any plans to update the stock/inventory? or will these be custom orders only? As per this string, I am considering these for my "on order" RC 350 AWD. Thanks.
We will be taking new orders through our KickStarter Campaign, which is expected to launch within the next month!
Old 04-13-16, 11:09 PM
da mayor
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats. Great combo choice. Why no f sport?

Quick Reply: Special Order 2016 RC 350 AWD