Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last edited by aicrotary2; 11-24-16 at 03:39 PM. Reason: added picture
Old 12-01-16, 10:46 AM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by suvi2k
Meant to post this sooner but yes it will hold up with the heat. Mine endured cold and a summer and a few hand car washes for some time now. I'm attaching a video of what it looks like at night when a little light is applied...it looks great. I am using the 3M wrap and it was very excellent quality.

Daytime(while car was still raised and I just got done with one)
Attachment 398716

Night time video:
Attachment 398717
what state do you live in?

i was considering doing this mod, but they are already painted red... but like the reflective nature of the wrap

everything I've seen suggests use for show purposes vs daily driving long term
Old 12-02-16, 10:30 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by NAZTY97

i was considering doing this mod, but they are already painted red... but like the reflective nature of the wrap

I live in PA. You would be surprised with the quality of wrap...also I have been down the painting route...I personally would never try to paint my calipers myself again. I mean unless you do it right (Powder coat or atleast take the caliper off to apply coat yourself neatly with all needed layers) then its almost always better to use wrap. Again, the 3M stuff is really great...Lets see how the second winter goes up here but I am fairly certain its not going to be affected. Hope this helps!
Old 12-03-16, 09:32 AM
1SikSc1Day
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Looks great!

Today thanks to the OP i just discovered something new here...and i think it truly looks great! Id personally stick to 3m vinyl over the other brands available. Also the RC calipers look sweet and just begging for this mod. Adding this diy to my list of things.
Previously i was considering going the G2 caliper paint method...but this is something new ill be doing. Thanks to the user posting the night vid showing reflectiveness of them as well!
Old 12-03-16, 10:50 PM
jaywuzhere
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by NAZTY97

I live in CA and I've had the 3m reflective tape for about 7 months now with no issues. This vehicle is my daily driver and I wash my car just about every week with a pressure washer + foam cannon with no issues. Hope this info helps anyone out there thinking about trying something different.
Old 12-12-16, 07:22 PM
LxsCf RCF
Rookie

Default reflective caliper wrap

I installed the red reflective wrap with f sport decals and a clear coat spray over the decals this past summer. I started on the front passenger side and left the caliper on the rotor, but I found it easier to install on the other calipers by removing the caliper from the rotors. It took longer than I thought it would but I also filed all the casting burs off the calipers to make them smooth. I'm very happy with how they turned out, especially with the reflective look at night.
Old 12-12-16, 10:04 PM
jaywuzhere
Rookie

Originally Posted by bsheets
I installed the red reflective wrap with f sport decals and a clear coat spray over the decals this past summer. I started on the front passenger side and left the caliper on the rotor, but I found it easier to install on the other calipers by removing the caliper from the rotors. It took longer than I thought it would but I also filed all the casting burs off the calipers to make them smooth. I'm very happy with how they turned out, especially with the reflective look at night.
Great job! Yes, removing the calipers would make the job a lot easier to install. Such a great idea removing the casting burs off the calipers prior to installing!! Please post some pictures when ya get the chance
Old 12-16-16, 07:54 AM
kh29228
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by suvi2k
Meant to post this sooner but yes it will hold up with the heat. Mine endured cold and a summer and a few hand car washes for some time now. I'm attaching a video of what it looks like at night when a little light is applied...it looks great. I am using the 3M wrap and it was very excellent quality.

Daytime(while car was still raised and I just got done with one)
Attachment 398716

Night time video:
Attachment 398717
look great! is it regular red or dark red vinyl?
Old 12-16-16, 08:57 AM
lexusnutt
Intermediate

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

Awesome mod! Had no idea the reflective properties were that bold. Nice job.

I'm a little adverse to removing the calipers due to needing to bleed the brakes.I guess the key to any successful wrap/film/paint application is PREPARATION. Clean the calipers with Brake cleaner and twice with alcohol.
Old 04-05-17, 08:21 PM
jaywuzhere
Rookie

Talking

Originally Posted by lexusnutt

I'm a little adverse to removing the calipers due to needing to bleed the brakes.I guess the key to any successful wrap/film/paint application is PREPARATION. Clean the calipers with Brake cleaner and twice with alcohol.
I never removed the calipers. I just installed the vinyl right on to the calipers still attached to the rotors
Old 04-06-17, 02:53 PM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by lexusnutt

Same with me, I left the calipers on while getting the wrap on. Mine turned out well too and is holding up great. A link to the same here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...nne-3-a-3.html