RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Mark Levinson with LC2i + Sub

Old 03-23-16, 11:56 PM
jaywuzhere
Rookie

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Mark Levinson with LC2i + Sub

Hi everyone! I have the Mark Levinson in my rc350 and want to add the LC2i + Sub for more bass. My question is if I need to run a line to the battery like a traditional car amp, or if I can just tap into the Mark levinson amp (12V+) or cigarette lighter to provide the 12V+ into the LC2i? I know that I will need a 1A fuse per mfg instructions on the 12V power in. Any suggestions?
Old 03-27-16, 02:18 PM
red93sc
Rookie

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

If you are talking about providing line power to the AMP. YES run the power STRAIGHT to the battery and or even add a CAP inline if necessary ( If playing your system at a high volume for an extended period of time). Dont for get to add a FUSE, Close to the battery side of the circuit also.
The Stock wiring cant handle the high current from your new AMP. Example.. Look at the wires on your battery that goes to your starter and to the fuse box vs the internal wiring in the car ( lights etc). Higher Amperage draw requires larger diameter wire ( smaller gauge number).

If you are just turning the AMP off and on( via the switched wire on the AMP) sure use the Mark Levinson stock 12V out put.
Old 03-27-16, 08:01 PM
jaywuzhere
Rookie

Awesome! Thanks red93sc! Any idea how to run the thick power cable from the door sill to the trunk area?
Old 03-31-16, 01:31 PM
ecruz0884
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by red93sc
If you are talking about providing line power to the AMP. YES run the power STRAIGHT to the battery and or even add a CAP inline if necessary ( If playing your system at a high volume for an extended period of time). Dont for get to add a FUSE, Close to the battery side of the circuit also.
The Stock wiring cant handle the high current from your new AMP. Example.. Look at the wires on your battery that goes to your starter and to the fuse box vs the internal wiring in the car ( lights etc). Higher Amperage draw requires larger diameter wire ( smaller gauge number).

If you are just turning the AMP off and on( via the switched wire on the AMP) sure use the Mark Levinson stock 12V out put.

Question, maybe you can help me out. I have two 12s, each 500 rms output and a 1000 watt mono amp I want to install. Where is the fuse box so that I can connect the remote line and what fuse should I use? Also, I'm using a hi / lo converter that I plan on hooking up to the factory sub. What connector can I use to connect the factory sub wires to the hi/lo converter?

Thanks,
Old 03-31-16, 08:57 PM
Arfboy
Driver

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jaywuzhere
Hi everyone! I have the Mark Levinson in my rc350 and want to add the LC2i + Sub for more bass. My question is if I need to run a line to the battery like a traditional car amp, or if I can just tap into the Mark levinson amp (12V+) or cigarette lighter to provide the 12V+ into the LC2i? I know that I will need a 1A fuse per mfg instructions on the 12V power in. Any suggestions?
I think you're misunderstanding what the LC2i is. It's a line out converter (LOC), not an amp. It won't power a subwoofer. You'll still need a separate amp, for which you'll need to run power from the battery anyway. So if you'll be running power for a separate amp anyway, it'll be negligible additional work to also run power to this LOC.
Old 04-01-16, 12:36 AM
jaywuzhere
Rookie

Any idea how to run the power cable from the trunk to the battery? Do the rear seats need to be removed? If so, does anyone know how to remove the rear seats?
Old 08-01-16, 09:59 PM
kc96
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jaywuzhere
Any idea how to run the power cable from the trunk to the battery? Do the rear seats need to be removed? If so, does anyone know how to remove the rear seats?
The bottom portion of the rear seat is all one piece and pops out with some force. I ran my power cable right under them and into the trunk.
Old 08-06-16, 01:44 PM
kc96
Driver School Candidate

Wiring Diagram 2016 RC 350

Smart Key) - North America DirectWire Vehicle Information
All Products
Item Wire Color Polarity Wire Location
12 Volts blue (30A) + dash fuse box, white 36 pin plug (4D), pin 13
Starter blue + Certification ECU behind glove box, white 16 pin plug, pin 10
Second Starter gray (SS1); blue (SS2) - engine start/stop switch, black 10 pin plug, pins 5, 1
Ignition purple + dash fuse box, white 32 pin plug (4C), pin 22
Accessory pink + dash fuse box, rear, white 32 pin plug (4B), pin 19
Data Bus white (IMO); pink (IMI) data driver kick, white 18 pin plug, pins 1, 2
The security light is green (+) at the Certification ECU behind glove box, top black 24 pin plug, pin 19.
CAN Bus High white data data link connector, white 16 pin plug, pin 6
CAN Bus Low black data data link connector, white 16 pin plug, pin 14
Power Lock green (passenger door switch) - dash fuse box, rear, white 32 pin plug (4B), pin 25
Power Unlock yellow (passenger door switch) - dash fuse box, rear, white 32 pin plug (4B), pin 24
Lock Motor red 5 wire dash fuse box, white 36 pin plug (4D), pin 7
Driver Unlock Motor blue 5 wire driver kick, white 67 pin plug, pin 11
Passenger Unlock Motor blue 5 wire dash fuse box, rear, white 32 pin plug (4B), pin 3
Factory Alarm Arm blue (driver door key lock) - Body ECU on dash fuse box, white 30 pin plug, pin 29
Factory Alarm Disarm lt. green (driver door key unlock) double - Body ECU on dash fuse box, white 30 pin plug, pin 2
Disarm No Unlock (proximity key and push-button)
Parking Lights (+) purple + dash fuse box, white 36 pin plug (4D), pin 28
Parking Lights (-) black - Body ECU on dash fuse box, white 30 pin plug, pin 22
Hazards white - A/C control assembly, black 16 pin plug, pin 9
Turn Signal (Left) lt. green + dash fuse box, white 36 pin plug (4D), pin 17
Turn Signal (Right) red + dash fuse box, white 36 pin plug (4D), pin 18
Headlight yellow - Body ECU on dash fuse box, white 30 pin plug, pin 12
AutoLights pink (interrupt to turn off) - Body ECU on dash fuse box, white 30 pin plg, pin 8
Reverse Light black + dash fuse box, white 36 pin plug (4D), pin 22
Left Front Door Trigger purple - Body ECU on dash fuse box, white 30 pin plug, pin 6
Right Front Door Trigger purple - Body ECU on dash fuse box, wht 30 pin plug, pin 27
Dome Light lt. green - dash fuse box, rear, white 32 pin plug (4B), pin 10
Trunk/Hatch Pin green - dash fuse box, white 36 pin plug (4D), pin 16
Hood Pin white - Body ECU on dash fuse box, white 30 pin plug, pin 11
Trunk/Hatch Release pink - Body ECU on dash fuse box, white 28 pin plug, pin 5
Trunk Release Motor black 5 wire dash fuse box, white 36 pin plug (4D), pin 1
Fuel Door Release blue (unlock only) 5 wire dash fuse box, white 36 pin plug (4D), pin 11
Tachometer white ac data link connector, white 16 pin plug, pin 9
Fuel Pump green + driver kick, blue 13 pin plug, pin 1
Rear Defroster green - driver kick, white 64 pin plug, pin 23
Mirror Defroster (same as rear defrost, w/o mem); (CAN bus, w/mem)
Left Front Heated Seat pink + driver kick, white 20 pin plug, pin 3
Right Front Heated Seat blue + passenger kick, white 18 pin plug, pin 3
Speed Sense blue ac radio, wht 28 pin plug, pin 17 (w/o navi); wh 59 pin plg, pin 56(w/navi)
Brake Wire red + brake switch, white 5 pin plug, pin 2
Parking Brake gray - dash fuse box, white 32 pin plug (4C), pin 15
Horn Trigger blue - dash fuse box, white 32 pin plug (4C), pin 24
Wipers black - driver kick, white 64 pin plug, pin 48
Left Front Window (Up/Down) (use factory alarm arm/disarm)
Right Front Window (Up/Down) (see left front window)
Sun Roof (Open/Close) (use factory alarm arm/disarm)
Memory Seat 1 beige - seat memory switch, white 5 pin plug, pin 1
Memory Seat 2 lt. green - seat memory switch, white 5 pin plug, pin 2
Memory Seat 3 red - seat memory switch, white 5 pin plug, pin 3
Radio 12V purple + radio, wht 10 pin plug, pin 4 (w/o navi); wh 59 pin plg, pin 17(w/navi)
Radio Ground white/black - radio, wht 10 pin plug, pin 7 (w/o navi); wh 59 pin plg, pin 12(w/navi)
Radio Ignition beige + radio, wht 10 pin plug, pin 3 (w/o navi); wh 59 pin plg, pin 16(w/navi)
Radio Illumination green + radio, wht 10 pin plug, pin 10 (w/o navi); wh 59 pin plg, pin 14(w/navi)
Left Front Speaker (+/-) red - black (door); white - pink (dash) +,- amplifier in trunk right side, white 30 pin plug, pins 4 - 19; 12 - 27
Right Front Speaker (+/-) blue - black (door); beige - pink (dash) +,- amplifier in trunk right side, white 30 pin plug, pins 5 - 20; 13 - 28
Left Rear Speaker (+/-) beige - pink (side panel); black - purple (shelf) +,- amplifier in trunk right side, white 30 pin plug, pins 14 - 29; 10 - 25
Right Rear Speaker (+/-) lt. green - white (side panel); wht - gray (shelf) +,- amplifier in trunk right side, white 30 pin plug, pins 15 - 30; 11 - 26
Center Channel (+/-) gray - purple +,- amplifier in trunk right side, white 30 pin plug, pins 7 - 22
Subwoofer (+/-) gray - blue +,- amplifier in trunk right side, white 30 pin plug, pins 6 - 21
Aux. Audio Input Left (+/-) black - red +,- radio, wh 28P plg, pins28-27; wh 16P plg, pins8-15
Aux. Audio Input Right (+/-) white - red +,- radio, wh 28P plg, pins26-27; wh 16P plg, pins7-15
RSE Video (+/-) pink - blue (aux. video) +,- radio, wh 28P plg, pins13-14; wh 16P plg, pins6-14
The rear view camera video wires are red - white at the multi-display, black 24 pin plug, pins 8 - 9.
Satellite Radio 12 Volts (built into radio)
Item Size Depth Location
Headunit irregular center of dash
Left Front Speaker 7.1 left front door
Left Front Tweeter 3.5 left front dash
Right Front Speaker 7.1 right front door
Right Front Tweeter 3.5 right front dash
Left Rear Speaker 6.3 or 6.7 left rear side panel
Left Rear Tweeter 0.9 (tweeter); 3.5 (surround) left rear side panel; left rear shelf
Right Rear Speaker 6.3 or 6.7 right rear side panel
Right Rear Tweeter 0.9 (tweeter); 3.5 (surround) right rear side panel; right rear shelf
Center Channel 2.6 or 3.5 top center of dash
Subwoofer 9.8 top center of rear shelf
Satellite Radio Tuner (built into radio)