RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

No thanks...

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-16, 03:56 PM
JohnnyL102
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default No thanks...

2 weeks ago I went to a Lexus dealership and leased a new 2016 RC 300. As I was leaving the showroom there was a new 2015 RC 350 leftover on the floor. One of my friends was in the market for a new car so I told my salesperson I had a friend that was in the market for a new car and I'll tell him about the good deal on the leftover. That night I told my friend about it. He goes down the next day and buys the car. I handed a very easy sale to the same sales person on a silver platter. Never any kind of thanks for the referral. Is this common?
Old 03-18-16, 04:25 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

common in 2016 sure, people don't care about anyone but themselves, there is no respect or courtesy any longer.

not sure why that surprises you..

I got yelled at by some dip***** lady at Starbucks this past week for pointing out to her that her tires dangerous because they were so bald the steel belts where visible.
she apparently took offense, and yelled at me for pointing it out, something about minding my own business and now she was going be broke because I was forcing her to spend money on new tires.

not sure how "miss, be careful driving because your tires are dangerously bald" is me forcing her to do anything but c'est la vie.
Old 03-18-16, 04:37 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

People these days are so rude and stand offish. There's a complete lack of respect and courtesy for others. I wish these were the old days. People used to be nice to eachother, say hi, good morning, thank you etc. I went to D land recently and got off the tram holding the door for this lady and her kids and no thank you what so ever. Straight rude. But I can't be "that person" and be selfish for my own benefit. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do about this. Either we be who we are or adapt to the change in society.
Old 03-18-16, 04:42 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I would tell the dealership that you are waiting for your gift card for your kind referal to them. Won't help but will make you feel better.
Old 03-18-16, 05:52 PM
JohnnyL102
Driver School Candidate

I've leased 5 BMW's from the same dealership and salesman and always referred my friends to the same guy. He always thanked me with a e mail and once with a $100 check that was a total surprise to me. Not looking for money but just a thanks would have been good.
Old 03-19-16, 05:59 AM
JohnnyL102
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mjeds
common in 2016 sure, people don't care about anyone but themselves, there is no respect or courtesy any longer.

I got yelled at by some dip***** lady at Starbucks this past week for pointing out to her that her tires dangerous because they were so bald the steel belts where visible.
she apparently took offense, and yelled at me for pointing it out, something about minding my own business and now she was going be broke because I was forcing her to spend money on new tires.

not sure how "miss, be careful driving because your tires are dangerously bald" is me forcing her to do anything but c'est la vie.
There was a situation in my town about 15 years ago where a guy went off the road in a snowstorm and his girlfriend was killed. They charged him with manslaughter because he had bald tires. Think he got about 10 years.
Old 03-20-16, 05:55 PM
chikindadd
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by mjeds

What a ****.
Old 03-20-16, 09:59 PM
Boomin
Racer

Received 399 Likes on 242 Posts

Johnny, it's called a "bird dog" $100 is usually the pay out for the referral and is done during the deal.