RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

People who come from sports car to rc350f

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-15, 09:06 AM
wu01ok
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default People who come from sports car to rc350f

I am going to be in market for car. Love the look of the rc350f who don't lol. But how does it feel compare to other sport cars. I know power is the only issue but when driving the rc350f does it feel right or needs a little more power?
Old 12-25-15, 12:14 PM
jowsleyyy
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wu01ok
I know power is the only issue but when driving the rc350f does it feel right or needs a little more power?
If you want a faster car, buy the RCF.

I enjoy the power of the 350, because I don't see why I need any more power unless I am going to take it onto a track or a course. I am also coming from a 2.0t, so this is a pretty big jump for me.
Old 12-25-15, 12:17 PM
RCtoy321
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm coming from this...sports caresque

It was a sport tuned pickup designed for handling and it got run hard.

Personally the 350 is a blast to drive and I haven't looked back, even though I really loved that truck. The 350 could use some extra pep but it still has enough to keep me happy. To be honest though and answer your question, as a car person every vehicle needs more power and you can't have enough. I'm looking forward to taking the RC on its first road rally and see how it handles the fun roads and really push it for a few days straight, I don't think I will be disappointed in the least.
Old 12-25-15, 01:16 PM
wu01ok
Driver School Candidate

Yeah nice. Guess I have to test drive. But thanks for you guys input.
Old 12-25-15, 09:48 PM
Fsportf
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great looking car. Smooth ride. Sporty as well. Have a custom exhaust on it and an intake, also lowered a bit, makes it more sportier which makes it easier to keep with those mods. Its just not fast enough but as the person above said a car is never fast enough. Its not about top speed to me. Its about how quick it is. 0-60 for exmaple. Not much in its price range that is much quicker than it but its not the quickest car either. Im having fun with it and enjoying it. I am grateful for the opportunity to drive it and so take it for a test drive and see how u like it. I would not keep it stock thats for sure. Huge diff to the car when its lowered and has an aggresive sound both performance and looks wise. Mostly looks though !
Old 12-25-15, 09:55 PM
wu01ok
Driver School Candidate

Hey you guys experience any problems with transmissions like hesitate when down shifting or anything like that. I am going from q50 and hate the one sec delay. I realize it doesn't have dual clutch but still. Lol.
Old 12-26-15, 08:43 AM
Fsportf
Rookie

Hey you guys experience any problems with transmissions like hesitate when down shifting or anything like that. I am going from q50 and hate the one sec delay. I realize it doesn't have dual clutch but still. Lol.
Sport mode and put it in manual and down shift. No delay there
Old 12-27-15, 04:18 PM
leebo19633
Driver School Candidate

I had a 2011 Mustang GT with the awesome Coyote V8. Once in a while I miss the rumble of the V8, the crazy torque and the live axle backend that would give out whenever you touched the gas.

Having said all that I luv my RC 350 F Sport. It's so buttery smooth, it corners like it's glued to the road and it has a luxury coupe elegance about it. I thought that I would need to be in Sport+ all the time because I came from the Mustang, but truth is the car is fun to drive in Normal mode. I'm glad I made the switch, but I occasional miss the Stang.
Old 12-27-15, 04:33 PM
wu01ok
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by leebo19633
I had a 2011 Mustang GT with the awesome Coyote V8. Once in a while I miss the rumble of the V8, the crazy torque and the live axle backend that would give out whenever you touched the gas.

Having said all that I luv my RC 350 F Sport. It's so buttery smooth, it corners like it's glued to the road and it has a luxury coupe elegance about it. I thought that I would need to be in Sport+ all the time because I came from the Mustang, but truth is the car is fun to drive in Normal mode. I'm glad I made the switch, but I occasional miss the Stang.

Really nice to hear that. I was looking at the new camero ss as well because of the less weight. I am currently driving base q50 quick as well for the money. But base blah lol.
Old 12-28-15, 09:48 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by leebo19633

We're you ever on S197forum? I came from a couple of 06 and 07 Saleen S281's (Supercharged 4.6) and I couldn't agree more with you. However, a 3.5 TT in this car would be awesome
Old 12-28-15, 11:09 AM
iceweasel
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Love the look of the car and the fact that I barely see RCs around. The only disappointment is the speed, weight and knowing that the RC is slower then a is, gs, 335i, m235i and just about any car in the 300 hp range. Still love the car though.
Old 12-28-15, 01:15 PM
wu01ok
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by iceweasel
Love the look of the car and the fact that I barely see RCs around. The only disappointment is the speed, weight and knowing that the RC is slower then a is, gs, 335i, m235i and just about any car in the 300 hp range. Still love the car though.
Was there any talks of companies doing a turbo kit for the rc? If so that's when I would definitely get one.
Old 12-31-15, 04:47 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Do you have the drive mode selector in "ECO" by any chance? I ask because my oldest son (22) has a Q50S and I haven't experience any lag from the trans while in Normal or Sport mode, and find the throttle very responsive when it's in sport mode.

However, once I drove it in ECO mode and it didn't move, it was a pig..

Good Luck on your decision with the RC..

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Old 12-31-15, 05:40 AM
wu01ok
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JT4
Do you have the drive mode selector in "ECO" by any chance? I ask because my oldest son (22) has a Q50S and I haven't experience any lag from the trans while in Normal or Sport mode, and find the throttle very responsive when it's in sport mode.

However, once I drove it in ECO mode and it didn't move, it was a pig..

Good Luck on your decision with the RC..

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
Yeah q50 never put on Eco. Not sure why that ever exist. Lol. I normally do spirited drives. At times transmission is good. Just when you drive a dual transmission all other autos transmission doesn't compare.
Old 01-01-16, 05:12 PM
SethNaga
Rookie

Are you saying RC 350 slower than GS 350?

Originally Posted by iceweasel

Quick Reply: People who come from sports car to rc350f