Old 12-15-15, 08:14 PM
brian18332
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Color choice????

Infrared with Playa Nuluxe
or
Ultrasonic Blue with Grey interior

I actually already have a deposit on the Infared, its for the wife and she loves the color combination but she did like the blue also. Both F Sport packages AWD 2016's. I have to choose!!

Last edited by brian18332; 12-15-15 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-15-15, 10:09 PM
ZAM
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

i like usb and grey
Old 12-15-15, 11:30 PM
xRYD3Rx
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ultrasonic blue with rioja red looks dope
Old 12-16-15, 06:00 AM
PAPI007
Intermediate

Received 26 Likes on 12 Posts

Ultrasonic Blue- I searched everywhere for the USB with red interior-no luck-I settled for black with red interior.
Old 12-16-15, 08:55 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

If you have the choice, I'd do Infrared with Playa.
Old 12-16-15, 06:42 PM
Nightcrawl
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd go with blue/grey for sure.
Old 12-16-15, 06:46 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

USB/Grey would be my choice.
Old 12-17-15, 08:47 AM
corradoMR2
The pursuit of F

Received 289 Likes on 210 Posts

USB/grey but I'm a little biased.

Although Infrared pops, has depth in the paint, and will surely get compliments, I've had two red Lexus' vehicles (though Matador Red mica) and never got as many compliments as USB... if this matters to you or your wife.
Old 12-19-15, 07:25 AM
tfischer

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts

I have the Infrared, and it's a spectacular color. However, having seen both the "flaxen" and "playa" interiors, I went with the flaxen, which is a nice medium brown, and goes well with all reds; you will see it a lot because it is such an excellent match with red (see any red Ferrari). The playa (who named that?) is much lighter and has a lot of yellow in it. It looks like Flaxen with a stomach flu. Look at both of these interiors before making a decision.
Old 12-19-15, 08:55 AM
tfischer

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts

Here's another thought. The playa is much lighter than the flaxen, and will show grime more readily. I noted this ver recent post, and saw that the writer had the playa interior:

"While detailing my car this past week, I was all of a sudden struck with the appearance of my driver's seat. Most of the seat, and some of the back appeared dark, and dirty? This was puzzling to me, as I am only it with totally work-associated clothes, albeit frequently wearing clean, not new, blue jeans. There are no wear issues to the side bolster, or any of the seat, as others noted on this forum. My conclusion could only be questionable blue jean dye?? But, it did not stain!

Fortunately, the dark appearance readily and easily cleaned off with Griot's interior cleaner, and required no effort. Furthermore, there was no blue dye, or any discoloration on the cleaning cloth! So I am really baffled by this and happy it cleaned off, yet bummed out. WTF?

Anyone have any ideas? I intend on bringing into the dealer to show it to them when it happens again.

Currently......
2015 RC 350 F-Sport: Atomic Silver/Playa - Mark Levinison audio & loaded"
=============================================================

Last edited by tfischer; 12-19-15 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Removed several references to Star Wars.
Old 12-20-15, 07:13 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Yeah, that's my post you quote. In all honesty I'm not sure that my discoloration, definitely not "grime" or dirt, has anything to do with the playa or is related to the NuLux material. I'm just not sure, as other similar accounts were noted with different colors. Time will tell if you experience a similar phenomenon.

For the record, the playa color is not the color of bile (re: stomach flu), more like Dijon mustard.

Last edited by Canesguy; 12-20-15 at 07:19 AM.
Old 12-20-15, 07:38 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
I have the Infrared, and it's a spectacular color. However, having seen both the "flaxen" and "playa" interiors, I went with the flaxen, which is a nice medium brown, and goes well with all reds; you will see it a lot because it is such an excellent match with red (see any red Ferrari). The playa (who named that?) is much lighter and has a lot of yellow in it. It looks like Flaxen with a stomach flu. Look at both of these interiors before making a decision.
You're right. The Infrared is spectacular. I saw the back of one at a distance driving down the road and the gold speck really pops out of the red, creating kind of a "burnt orange" effect in some places. Really unique color.
Old 12-21-15, 09:44 PM
SigmonC
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blue with red rocks, but yeah they are not easy to find. Mine was the only one in the country in that color combo with nearly all the options on it when I found it three months ago.
Old 01-12-16, 10:36 PM
fasteddy91
Lead Lap

I would go with infrared with USB a close second....can't go wrong with either one.
Old 01-13-16, 07:49 AM
cjschober
Driver School Candidate

Default UBS with Red interior

Here's my USB with Red. Had to custom order it. Took about 3 months to come in but it was so worth it. Have had it since July and wouldn't choose anything other. Even though I do love the infrared model and I'm not usually a red car guy.
Attached Thumbnails Color choice????-image.jpeg  

Quick Reply: Color choice????