RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Active sound control on the rc350

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-15, 12:04 AM
Droz15
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Active sound control on the rc350

Ok so I just bought my rc350 last week and prior to that I had technically bought a demo before thanksgiving and that one was fully loaded but when it came time for pick up the moonroof didn't work and I wished not wonder what other issues plagued the car with 7k miles.

Regardless of that when I test drove that vehicle it was louder and more aggressive sounding atleast if memory serves me right and then I remember hearing that the rc was supposed to have the asc which increased the sound of the intake engine and exhaust. Now to my new vehicle that has 300 miles I notice it's significantly quieter even on sports + and today I just happened to be checking the manual about breaking in the car and also saw a diagram regarding the asc and the control for the rc350 so when I went in my car that button is missing. So my question is which package was needed to have the asc because mine is an f sport but I don't have mark levinson nor the vgrs. Wanted to check with yall if after the break in does the car start to sound more aggressive or do I just not have the package. I looked online and can't find asc being a part of any of the options or was wondering if it was dropped for the 350 and only kept on the rcf but ended up making it to the manual. Big thanks as usual for the help.
Old 12-15-15, 06:42 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Droz15
Ok so I just bought my rc350 last week and prior to that I had technically bought a demo before thanksgiving and that one was fully loaded but when it came time for pick up the moonroof didn't work and I wished not wonder what other issues plagued the car with 7k miles.

Regardless of that when I test drove that vehicle it was louder and more aggressive sounding atleast if memory serves me right and then I remember hearing that the rc was supposed to have the asc which increased the sound of the intake engine and exhaust. Now to my new vehicle that has 300 miles I notice it's significantly quieter even on sports + and today I just happened to be checking the manual about breaking in the car and also saw a diagram regarding the asc and the control for the rc350 so when I went in my car that button is missing. So my question is which package was needed to have the asc because mine is an f sport but I don't have mark levinson nor the vgrs. Wanted to check with yall if after the break in does the car start to sound more aggressive or do I just not have the package. I looked online and can't find asc being a part of any of the options or was wondering if it was dropped for the 350 and only kept on the rcf but ended up making it to the manual. Big thanks as usual for the help.
to my knowledge the asc is non-existent. If you really want to make you car sound more aggressive, get the takeda intake, will give you the growl you are looking for and a easy bolt on.
Old 12-15-15, 11:10 AM
Droz15
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SRC350F
to my knowledge the asc is non-existent. If you really want to make you car sound more aggressive, get the takeda intake, will give you the growl you are looking for and a easy bolt on.
I actually saw it one some rc's as I was checking some pics of other rc350's. Curious if this is a new feature for only the 2016s. Anyone want to chime in if they have it or not? Kind of curious
Old 12-15-15, 12:21 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

It also came on the 2015's, but I think you needed to have the Luxury package to get it. No, I don't have it, but I have a Takeda CAI, which I think is way better.
Old 12-15-15, 03:16 PM
Droz15
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GearHead69
It also came on the 2015's, but I think you needed to have the Luxury package to get it. No, I don't have it, but I have a Takeda CAI, which I think is way better.
Thanks, ya i dont know was just wondering if I missed out on increasing the sound in cabin. As far as the cai is it dangerous in areas where it rains a lot? I live in houston so we always have tons of random rain and I dont know if its an old stigma but cold air intakes were always frowned upon in areas where there was too much moisture.
Old 12-16-15, 09:29 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Droz15
Thanks, ya i dont know was just wondering if I missed out on increasing the sound in cabin. As far as the cai is it dangerous in areas where it rains a lot? I live in houston so we always have tons of random rain and I dont know if its an old stigma but cold air intakes were always frowned upon in areas where there was too much moisture.
No it isn't as it sits where the old air box sat up high and even has it own air inlet from the front grill up high. Now if it sat in the lower valance or behind the front wheel then yes.