RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

ATEQ TPMS Quickset tool

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-15, 09:18 AM
thebigos1
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATEQ TPMS Quickset tool

So living in Alberta Canada, I am pretty much forced to own a summer and winter set of tires. After talking to the dealership about the TPMS sensors, I learned that our cars are only able to store one set of sensors ID's and would require a reprogram every time I switch my wheels over for the season at a cost of $70 a visit. I still can't believe Lexus isn't able to store more than one set of sensors like Acura or BMW but they must have a reason for it. So long story short, I looked for a programmer that I could do this myself and purchased the ATEQ TPMS QuickSet tool. Finally swapped over my rims this weekend and the tool worked perfectly. It was able to pull the sensor ID's for my factory summer wheels from the car and then I manually typed in my winter ID's into the software. After that was complete, loaded the ID's into the tool then uploaded into my car. Worked perfect. After 30 seconds of driving the tire pressures showed up. Highly recommend if you have to switch your rims every season and want to save $140 bucks a year for 1 minute of programming.
Old 12-07-15, 09:45 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Good find. What make and model ATEQ TPMS QuickSet tool did you purchase as when I Google it I have too many choices?
Old 12-07-15, 09:48 AM
thebigos1
Driver School Candidate

http://www.tpmstools.ca/products/tpm.../ateq-quickset
Old 12-07-15, 11:19 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Cool, thanks. Thank goodness I still have one computer running Windows 7 as my others are on Windows 10 and it is not compatible.
Old 01-16-16, 07:12 AM
Gampa
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I currently run the Quickset program on Windows 10 and mine runs fine.

Gampa

Last edited by Gampa; 01-16-16 at 01:21 PM.
Old 04-11-16, 11:32 AM
ironkimbo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by thebigos1
So living in Alberta Canada, I am pretty much forced to own a summer and winter set of tires. After talking to the dealership about the TPMS sensors, I learned that our cars are only able to store one set of sensors ID's and would require a reprogram every time I switch my wheels over for the season at a cost of $70 a visit. I still can't believe Lexus isn't able to store more than one set of sensors like Acura or BMW but they must have a reason for it. So long story short, I looked for a programmer that I could do this myself and purchased the ATEQ TPMS QuickSet tool. Finally swapped over my rims this weekend and the tool worked perfectly. It was able to pull the sensor ID's for my factory summer wheels from the car and then I manually typed in my winter ID's into the software. After that was complete, loaded the ID's into the tool then uploaded into my car. Worked perfect. After 30 seconds of driving the tire pressures showed up. Highly recommend if you have to switch your rims every season and want to save $140 bucks a year for 1 minute of programming.
Did you buy Lexus brand wheels with Lexus TPMS sensors?

I have an ATEQ Quickset that I have been trying to use to reset the TPMS sensors (made by Pacific Industrial) purchased from the Tire Rack along with a set of aftermarket wheels and snow tires. The ATEQ PC software will not accept the Pacific codes downloaded from our 2013 Lexus GS350. It wants to erase them before it wil allow the vehicle to be set up in the software.

Any suggestions!
Thanks!
Old 04-12-16, 12:16 PM
thebigos1
Driver School Candidate

Yes I have OEM Lexus sensors.

Try giving ATEQ a call. I had to call to get help with my friends 2014 Lexus IS 250. He has OEM sensors but it did not work. We ended up using one of their TOYOTA vehicle selections and that worked. Their tech support was awesome so give them a call and I'm sure they can figure it out.

James