RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

BLACKBOX in rc350 F

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-15, 10:01 AM
bobthelee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BLACKBOX in rc350 F

I have a blackbox on my back window however it goes off when the engine turns off. For my cadillac, it runs all the time even when its off. Is there any good blackbox that doesn't turn off or is there any hacks that i can do?
Old 11-05-15, 03:52 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Received 188 Likes on 145 Posts

what is this blackbox?
Old 11-05-15, 03:55 PM
bobthelee

just a blackbox that connects through the 112 volt. But wanted to know if theres a blackbox that records 24/7 even when the engines off. But mine shuts down once the engine goes off.
Old 11-05-15, 03:57 PM
cobbyy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

blackbox = indash camera.
Old 11-05-15, 04:20 PM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

are you talking about a dash camera?

wiring to a always hot line in the fuse box. the 12v cig lighters in all import cars cut power when the car is off.

GM cars leave the cig lighters hot all the time.
Old 11-05-15, 07:56 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

OK I'll play. Is this similar to your high beam headlight question? What is your definition of a black box? Cars don't have 112 volts running through them and even if you meant 12 volts what do you mean it goes on and off with the car? There are no black boxes on the rear window.

Explain yourself better or are you just a spammer?
Old 11-06-15, 03:05 AM
bobthelee

Originally Posted by MKenM
OK I'll play. Is this similar to your high beam headlight question? What is your definition of a black box? Cars don't have 112 volts running through them and even if you meant 12 volts what do you mean it goes on and off with the car? There are no black boxes on the rear window.

Explain yourself better or are you just a spammer?
Its obviously installed in the rear window because i dont like it in the front. It goes on when then engine is on and goes offf when it turns off. does this make sense? Think before you post buddy. 1122 or 112 volts dont matter as long as you understood what i meant, dont try to point out those little stuff like a dog. And the headlight question was literally just an opinion question because it just looks better that way and the reg headlight is pretty ugly to me.
Old 11-06-15, 11:22 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

like I said, you will need to wire it to an always hot circuit.

if you are not electronically inclined, take it to a mom and pop stereo shop (places like Best Buy won't do it).

ask them to install an additional power port for you in the back of the car probably best in the boot (trunk).

you can buy one here: http://www.autozone.com/12v-products...et/263173_0_0/

that of course is if you are using a standard 12v cig lighter type plug.

FWIW I will be adding one in my glove box for my dash camera so it stays on all the time.
Old 11-07-15, 07:55 AM
MKenM
Advanced

I'm not trying to be an *** as you said in your response which got to my email before you changed it on line to a dog. You have still not told us what the function of this so called black box is. Is it a USB port, a camera, a charging port. What is it?

You say it is installed in the back because you don't like it in the front. Give us a a clue and maybe someone can help rather than guess as to what the black box is.
Old 11-07-15, 08:08 AM
MKenM
Advanced

Bob

It is not the law but this is an excerpt from the NJ Driver's Manual.

Headlights have two sets of beams: bright (high) and dim (low), which are
controlled by a switch or button on or near the dashboard. The bright beam is
for open-country driving when there is no traffic in sight. The bright beam helps
a motorist see farther ahead and peripherally or at a wider angle. At night, a
motorist’s pupils are dilated, allowing more light to aid in the ability to see. Bright
beams can momentarily blind other motorists by constricting the pupils and
should not be used if other vehicles are approaching or when driving behind
another vehicle. It can take three to five seconds for a motorist to recover from
the glare of approaching high-beam headlights. At a speed of 50 mph, a motorist
will have traveled the length of a football field while being unable to see.
If a
vehicle is approaching with high beams, a motorist should look to the right of the
road until the vehicle passes. Never flash high beams at an approaching motorist.
Old 11-07-15, 08:14 AM
tfischer

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

Communicating clearly does not appear to be Bob's strong suit.
I suggest we move along and leave him to his black box on the back shelf.
Old 11-07-15, 11:20 AM
mjeds
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MKenM
I'm not trying to be an *** as you said in your response which got to my email before you changed it on line to a dog. You have still not told us what the function of this so called black box is. Is it a USB port, a camera, a charging port. What is it?

You say it is installed in the back because you don't like it in the front. Give us a a clue and maybe someone can help rather than guess as to what the black box is.

this is what he is talking about I believe.

Amazon.com : Black Box G1W Original Dashboard Dash Cam - Full HD 1080P H.264 2.7" LCD Car DVR Camera Video Recorder with G-Sensor Night Vision Motion Detection WDR 140° Wide Angle 4X Zoom - NT96650 + AR0330 : Vehicle Backup Cameras : Car Electronics Amazon.com : Black Box G1W Original Dashboard Dash Cam - Full HD 1080P H.264 2.7" LCD Car DVR Camera Video Recorder with G-Sensor Night Vision Motion Detection WDR 140° Wide Angle 4X Zoom - NT96650 + AR0330 : Vehicle Backup Cameras : Car Electronics

and he has it connected to the console 12v power port which is ignition switched, and he wants it hot all the time.

some people are not technical or mechanical and cannot express technical/mechanical ideas, just need some patience to figure out what it is they mean..
Old 11-07-15, 12:08 PM
tfischer

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

The OP's problem is not in expressing technical or mechanical ideas, but in conveying his thoughts in clear language. His whole post is sub-literate in almost every way. I am always glad to help people with their questions, but I don't really have the time to try to figure out an incoherent message from a poster that is not responsive to requests for clarification. I just hope he is not employed in a field where he has to make a written report. This is why the nuns had us write book reports, and then corrected them for us.
Old 11-07-15, 07:20 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Originally Posted by tfischer
The OP's problem is not in expressing technical or mechanical ideas, but in conveying his thoughts in clear language. His whole post is sub-literate in almost every way. I am always glad to help people with their questions, but I don't really have the time to try to figure out an incoherent message from a poster that is not responsive to requests for clarification. I just hope he is not employed in a field where he has to make a written report. This is why the nuns had us write book reports, and then corrected them for us.
I was just trying to help. I have been on IB forums for years and find that some people just need a little coaxing to find out what they need help with. The word "camera" would have been nice if that was in fact what he was inquiring about but the fact that he said his Cadillac had "it" in the front and his RC had "it" in the back makes no sense, so you are right in the end some people just don't want to be helped.
Old 11-07-15, 07:47 PM
Pearlrider
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I find this highly entertaining ! ��

Quick Reply: BLACKBOX in rc350 F