RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

RS*R Springs vs Tanabes - Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-15, 01:03 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RS*R Springs vs Tanabes - Help

Hey guys i picked up my RC a few weeks ago and wanted to lower the stance by about an inch. I have been looking at aftermarket springs and it seems RsR and Tanabe are the only manufacturers who make springs for the RC 350. I may be wrong.

I have been looking through the forum and it seems most of the RC owners here have the RSR springs and it looks amazing. Not too low, just right. If you have any of these springs (or others) installed can you please tell me if it scraps when you go up driveways and how is the overall ride compared to the stock F Sport suspension. Los Angeles streets can get rough so the main aspect that I'm worrying about is the comfort.

Which springs should i go with and is it not true that anytime you lower a vehicle the ride will be rougher.

Last edited by PirelliRC; 10-26-15 at 01:07 PM.
Old 10-26-15, 02:31 PM
ztorc
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have RSR. It' slightly stiffer than stock but I don't really notice the difference. The ride is still similar to stock. I don't have any issue driving around Los Angeles streets here. The ride height is not too low that you would scrape when you go up the driveways or go through the dips.
Old 10-26-15, 05:13 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

I have had my springs installed for a few months now with no issues. My build thread should help you get a better idea of before and after:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...ld-thread.html
Old 10-28-15, 07:19 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

after much research im going with the RSR springs, i found a credible shop that'll do the work for $500 including an alignment. Is this figure reasonable in your experiences ?
Old 10-28-15, 10:14 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by PirelliRC
after much research im going with the RSR springs, i found a credible shop that'll do the work for $500 including an alignment. Is this figure reasonable in your experiences ?
That's a bit high
Old 10-29-15, 05:53 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I love the Tanabe's because I have my comfort and sport at just the right ride height for my taste. On my last car I had them on for 7 years without having to change them. No sagging. No deterioration of the ride. I'm sticking with Tanabe....for now.
Old 10-29-15, 07:41 PM
ztorc
Driver School Candidate

It's too high. I'll let you know where to get it done at a very reasonable price.
Old 10-29-15, 11:34 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ztorc
It's too high. I'll let you know where to get it done at a very reasonable price.
Thanks , i wont need the test drive anymore, me and my itchy finger ordered the RSR springs earlier today, i should get them in about 4 days, would really appreciate it if you can refer me to where you got yours done

Also how long was your car at the shop?

Last edited by PirelliRC; 10-29-15 at 11:38 PM.
Old 10-30-15, 07:36 AM
ztorc
Driver School Candidate

Thanks , i wont need the test drive anymore, me and my itchy finger ordered the RSR springs earlier today, i should get them in about 4 days, would really appreciate it if you can refer me to where you got yours done

Also how long was your car at the shop?
Check your PM. It took a couple hours.
Old 10-30-15, 03:30 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

Just spoke to Kevin, really cool guy. Ill be taking the RC to him next week when my springs arrive. Can't believe the price.

Thanks Paul
Old 10-30-15, 08:55 PM
Sim
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

168 has done all the work on my car. Including being the first shop to install RSRs on a consumer RC P. Kevin will treat you right.
Old 10-30-15, 09:00 PM
ztorc
Driver School Candidate

Just spoke to Kevin, really cool guy. Ill be taking the RC to him next week when my springs arrive. Can't believe the price.

Thanks Paul
No problem. I got a tire mounted at his shop today. He mentioned that he is going to SEMA next week but the installer, Gilbert, should be at the shop.
Old 10-31-15, 06:44 AM
shocker2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know you have already chosen RSR springs but just wanted to make sure others that read this thread in the future know that Swift Racing also has springs available for the RC. I have been on the Spec R version for about 2 weeks and can not tell a difference in ride quality between OEM and Swift but the car feels a little crisper in its handling and the ride height is perfect. I will grab some pictures when back from vacation.
Old 10-31-15, 07:21 AM
Sim
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can't go wrong with Swift. I was the first to get RSRs put on and I have zero complaints

But...

I want to go a tad lower. I hear Swifts are lower. So I'll eventually likely go coil overs (cause I can't afford bags lol)

Example below. Sitting on 20s with what I think is great fitment ... yet, wheel gap. So just depends what you're looking for. I think the consensus is that all 3 springs ride good. From there it's just how low do you want to go

Old 10-31-15, 01:05 PM
PirelliRC
Lead Lap

From all the photos i have been viewing i like the RSR height the best, not too high not too low just right for my taste. Like the previous poster suggested, its all about how low you want to go. And i personally do not want to go too low.

Love the wheels Sim, looks proper .... Looking forward to seeing your RC shocker2. What are the drop spec on the Swift springs ?

Well i woke up this morning to a pleasant surprise waiting for me in my yard. I ordered the springs 2 days ago and it said they would arrive on Nov. 6th but i woke up and saw this.

Made an appointment for Monday morning, im very excited.

Name:  20151031_125411.jpg
Views: 173
Size:  374.6 KB

Last edited by PirelliRC; 10-31-15 at 01:17 PM.

Quick Reply: RS*R Springs vs Tanabes - Help