RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Infrared Paint - Wow!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-15, 06:58 PM
TomMartin
Pit Crew

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Infrared Paint - Wow!

Saw an RC today in "Infrared" paint. It is really a great "red"...wish they had that on the GS...
Old 10-22-15, 01:56 PM
tfischer

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts

You are correct. I've had it since November, and it is clearly the aspect of the car that gets the most unsolicited, and always favorable, comments. It's a spectacular paint job, especially for those of us who want to move away from the greys and the silvers.
Old 10-25-15, 12:00 PM
StellaBlue
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TomMartin
Saw an RC today in "Infrared" paint. It is really a great "red"...wish they had that on the GS...
I know it's sort of the different end of the spectrum, but curious how you and other RC owners feel about the Ultrasonic Blue in comparison. I've owned a lot of red cars in my life, and I am debating between the Infrared and USB, with a preference towards the USB since my wife had that color on her IS 250C and it looked gorgeous on that car.
Old 10-25-15, 12:11 PM
tfischer

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts

I have not seen the new Blue, but it's not the same as previous versions of the bright Lexus blue. The new color is a $595.00 option due to the fact that, like the Infrared, the car is painted with a metallic silver first, then a translucent red or blue; the silver acts like a mirror. I have one in red and it's fantastic. I still have not seen one in the blue, but it's looks to be pretty bright. If you are not paying extra for this option, you are getting the old, plain, blue color. As far as I know, the red and blue are only available on the RC, but I might be wrong; the blue might also be available on the NX.
Old 10-25-15, 03:48 PM
StellaBlue
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tfischer
I have not seen the new Blue, but it's not the same as previous versions of the bright Lexus blue. The new color is a $595.00 option due to the fact that, like the Infrared, the car is painted with a metallic silver first, then a translucent red or blue; the silver acts like a mirror. I have one in red and it's fantastic. I still have not seen one in the blue, but it's looks to be pretty bright. If you are not paying extra for this option, you are getting the old, plain, blue color. As far as I know, the red and blue are only available on the RC, but I might be wrong; the blue might also be available on the NX.
When I was looking earlier this year, I couldn't find a blue. Now I've seen one or two on the streets. For some reason, the Florida dealers seem to have more Blue cars on their lots than anyone else in the country, according to US wide searches on Autotrader. It's unusual to me because I've found FL dealers, unlike Cali for example, will stick to the conservative white, black, and silvers, and only the occasional reds or blue. Guess they got a little over excited when ordering their allocations. Regarding this version of the USB, those that have seen it in person agree that is probably one of the best looking blue cars out there. I have only seen one Infrared on a dealer's lot about 6 months ago so I'm unsure if I want to go back to red. But, like the USB, those that have gotten the Infrared seem to love it. I appreciate your response though and am still seeking others' opinions.