RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Front Emblem Decal

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-15, 11:34 AM
Mi1lion
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Front Emblem Decal

Anyone use these guys, looking at doing a black emblem instead of paying +$100 for a black pearl one. http://www.monstrrstripes.com/product/lexus-rc-f-emblem/
Old 10-16-15, 12:33 PM
JamesEarl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've seen them and didn't like them. It's almost like putting a $15 sticker on the front of a $50k car. Wait, that's exactly what it is. Nobody is producing black pearl emblems for RCs yet. But as for Black Chrome....

Old 10-16-15, 02:00 PM
Mi1lion
Driver

Wanna do the exact same with my front. Is the grille painted, plasti-diped, or vinyl wrapped?
Old 10-16-15, 02:01 PM
Mi1lion
Driver

Oh, and now all you gotta do is change those orange bulbs..
Old 10-16-15, 02:37 PM
Mi1lion
Driver

Also maybe black out the fog interiors.

Old 10-16-15, 02:48 PM
brokeMF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JamesEarl
I've seen them and didn't like them. It's almost like putting a $15 sticker on the front of a $50k car. Wait, that's exactly what it is. Nobody is producing black pearl emblems for RCs yet. But as for Black Chrome....

Hi James, can you please let me know where you got that black chrome emblem?
Old 10-16-15, 02:52 PM
JamesEarl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Mi1lion
Oh, and now all you gotta do is change those orange bulbs..
I probably should but I promised myself I'd lay off mods at least until summer. I'd like to do something with rear bumper reflectors too.

The chrome around the grill was wrapped in a metallic black which matches the grill perfectly. I lucked out on that cause I was going to do black when installer suggested I look at the metallic. The emblem I made with Lexus parts. I'm thinking about making/selling them but I don't know if I need to pay a vendor to sell them in classifieds and I don't want to break forum rules.
Old 10-19-15, 07:42 PM
Mi1lion
Driver

I smoked the rear reflectors, and plasti-dipped the rear emblem. I'll take some pics tomorrow for better illustration.
Old 06-05-16, 08:23 PM
JSean21
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Finally got my Black Pearl Emblems
Attached Thumbnails Front Emblem Decal-photo659.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
NewLexGuy (04-14-20)
Old 06-05-16, 09:12 PM
brokeMF
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JSean21
It looks great!
Can you please share details? Where did you get it, price, etc.?
Old 06-06-16, 12:01 AM
LexusNooob
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JamesEarl
I probably should but I promised myself I'd lay off mods at least until summer. I'd like to do something with rear bumper reflectors too.

The chrome around the grill was wrapped in a metallic black which matches the grill perfectly. I lucked out on that cause I was going to do black when installer suggested I look at the metallic. The emblem I made with Lexus parts. I'm thinking about making/selling them but I don't know if I need to pay a vendor to sell them in classifieds and I don't want to break forum rules.
I've been looking for a shop to wrap the chrome around the grille and window trims. When I call wrap shops they say they can't wrap the grille. I live in Southern California, would you guys happen to know of any reliable shop that will do this for me? I have called 4 shops and they all tell me they can't.
Old 06-06-16, 11:28 AM
JSean21
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by brokeMF
It looks great!
Can you please share details? Where did you get it, price, etc.?
Call Swell Lexus or you can also find it on ebay for $135, install was quick, and took less then 15 min.
Old 06-06-16, 11:43 AM
JSean21
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by LexusNooob
I've been looking for a shop to wrap the chrome around the grille and window trims. When I call wrap shops they say they can't wrap the grille. I live in Southern California, would you guys happen to know of any reliable shop that will do this for me? I have called 4 shops and they all tell me they can't.
I had my grille wrapped by Monstrrstripes in Irvine. High quality work at a good price. I drove up from San Diego to get the work done. He also wrapped the mirrors and blacked out my 3rd brake light. As far as window trim no shop in SD would do it.. Monstrrstipes wouldn't do it either because of the way the wrap is installed onto the weather stripping/chrome (same as Porsche). It literally will start to fall off after a month, so i decided to plasti-dip mine and it came out great.
Old 06-08-16, 10:54 AM
Wh0pp3r
Intermediate

Received 87 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by LexusNooob
sticker city, they work with keyes lexus and have done a few cars for them. best bet and quality
Old 06-08-16, 03:07 PM
JamesEarl
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JSean21
Looks good. I bought one off of eBay...the base was curved while the L was made to lay flat so the adhesive came off. I fixed that but the black finish started to flake since it's not clear coated. I hope you have better luck than I did.

Quick Reply: Front Emblem Decal