RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Lexus RC350 Fog Lights Question.

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-15, 05:31 PM
tqnugen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus RC350 Fog Lights Question.

Hi All,

I just purchase a brand new RC350 base model, I didn't realized that the base model did not come with fog lights. Can anyone suggest where to buy online for a pair of fog lights and model?
If anyone has installed a after market fog lights, could you attached pic? Thank you in advance.
Old 09-30-15, 08:39 PM
happy1977
Instructor

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts

If your base model doesn't come w/ a housing for the fog lights, you might have to do a DIY type of job to make that housing.
Old 10-02-15, 06:59 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Are you looking for functionality or style? Nothing will work style wise unless you modify the grill. Functionally anything you put on the nose of the car will look like hell.
Old 10-25-15, 12:43 AM
tqnugen
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MKenM
Are you looking for functionality or style? Nothing will work style wise unless you modify the grill. Functionally anything you put on the nose of the car will look like hell.
I'm curious if anyone has installed one for functionality rather than design, I do want to see what it look like before investing time.
Old 04-20-16, 06:46 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by tqnugen
Hi All,

I just purchase a brand new RC350 base model, I didn't realized that the base model did not come with fog lights. Can anyone suggest where to buy online for a pair of fog lights and model?
If anyone has installed a after market fog lights, could you attached pic? Thank you in advance.
Darn that stinks....two options I see. Wait till you get into a fender bender and replace the entire front bumper with the F sport one and let insurance pay for it.

Get something retrofitted in into your stock lamps or just get RCF one....not sure, but I assume they have fog lights built in and fit our cars perfectly. I think this because of the shape and the fact that I also didn't notice any fogs on that bumper either.
Old 04-21-16, 08:18 AM
shocker2
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I removed the fogs from my F-sport and have the grille pieces and fog lamp assemblies available if anyone is interested in retro fitting, you will have to come up with wiring and a switch but any automotive wiring person would be able to handle this, just send me an email:

enterprisesofgage@gmail.com
Old 07-21-20, 11:12 PM
VindiCated
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Sorry for reviving a 4 year old thread but has anyone successfully added the OEM grille fog lights to a RC without fogs?

Old 07-22-20, 04:35 PM
baggedRC
Driver

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by VindiCated
Sorry for reviving a 4 year old thread but has anyone successfully added the OEM grille fog lights to a RC without fogs?

you just need the grill housing as shown and any type of fog lights retrofitted
The following users liked this post:
VindiCated (07-23-20)
Old 07-23-20, 05:51 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

Looks like it will be expensive. The Fogs are ~$600 each but would think you would need the following at the least.

R fog - https://www.mylparts.com/oem-parts/l...MtNWwtdjYtZ2Fz
L fog - https://www.mylparts.com/oem-parts/l...MtNWwtdjYtZ2Fz
R fog bezel - https://www.mylparts.com/oem-parts/l...Y2LWdhcw%3D%3D
L fog bezel - https://www.mylparts.com/oem-parts/l...Y2LWdhcw%3D%3D
VindiCated (07-23-20)
Old 07-23-20, 07:08 AM
baggedRC
Driver

Originally Posted by jonmonkey
Looks like it will be expensive. The Fogs are ~$600 each but would think you would need the following at the least.

R fog - https://www.mylparts.com/oem-parts/l...MtNWwtdjYtZ2Fz
L fog - https://www.mylparts.com/oem-parts/l...MtNWwtdjYtZ2Fz
R fog bezel - https://www.mylparts.com/oem-parts/l...Y2LWdhcw%3D%3D
L fog bezel - https://www.mylparts.com/oem-parts/l...Y2LWdhcw%3D%3D
You don’t need the OEM fog lights unless you want to. Those are the wrong bezel trim pieces, you need the ones with fog cut outs.
VindiCated (07-23-20)
Old 07-23-20, 07:59 AM
VindiCated
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the input jonmonkey and baggedRC .I would like to go OEM route and not retrofit as I'll have to make custom brackets that contour the grill shape (make it strong, hold and last).

My plan is to find these cheaper from the scrap yard from an RC that has rear end damage.

My question is; are there OEM wire harnesses (on my RC that does not have fogs) that I can plug and play the OEM fogs into? Or will I I need to cut up the OEM fog harness and rig up my own switch (location probably by the blank buttons near the ASC volume)?

Also, Its probably not as simple as getting the OEM turn signal stalk (the one with the fog switch) and replacing it either?
Old 07-23-20, 08:07 AM
baggedRC
Driver

Originally Posted by VindiCated
Thanks for the input jonmonkey and baggedRC .I would like to go OEM route and not retrofit as I'll have to make custom brackets that contour the grill shape (make it strong, hold and last).

My plan is to find these cheaper from the scrap yard from an RC that has rear end damage.

My question is; are there OEM wire harnesses (on my RC that does not have fogs) that I can plug and play the OEM fogs into? Or will I I need to cut up the OEM fog harness and rig up my own switch (location probably by the blank buttons near the ASC volume)?

Also, Its probably not as simple as getting the OEM turn signal stalk (the one with the fog switch) and replacing it either?
It would probably be easier to get a button and wire it to that. The stalk will have the switch but the harness that connects to it won’t have the right pin configuration and you would have to figure out pin layout. Like you said start looking at junk yards and see what you can source. I also believe that you will need some sort of bracket assembly for the OEM fog lights but I could be wrong.

If by some miracle your car is pre-wired it will be a simple plug and play.
VindiCated (07-24-20)
Old 07-25-20, 07:35 AM
tfischer

Received 191 Likes on 144 Posts

I have the fog lights on my RC, because they came on a car that had everything else I wanted. They look cute down there in the grille, if anyone notices, but during the few times I drove through some fog, I could not tell much difference.
I say that to question whether the cost and trouble of retrofitting fog lights is worth it. Not for the utility, I would think, and I doubt if, when it comes time to selling the car, if having fog lights is going to make much of a difference.
VindiCated (07-26-20)
Old 07-26-20, 02:34 AM
Azndannyt
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by tqnugen
Hi All,

The following 3 users liked this post by Azndannyt:
KJFS (08-02-20), mistermatt (07-30-20), VindiCated (07-26-20)
Old 07-26-20, 02:37 AM
Azndannyt
Driver School Candidate

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

i didnt like the factory fog lights..I have to DIY ..this is how mine look.

Quick Reply: Lexus RC350 Fog Lights Question.