RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Ultra White with matte black wheels - PICS please

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-15, 02:39 PM
walkedu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks really good! Honestly looks just as good as my wheels are in pictures. Very curious to see how it holds up.
Old 04-20-16, 08:51 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Never understood why people like black rims on any car...but it is all just a matter of opion...plus really expensive cars come with them stock in many cases. These probably look way better in person than they do in the pictures. I know my pics are the same way.
Old 03-01-17, 01:57 AM
LISAF3R
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by norcal-isf

I decided to try Plasti-dip on the wheels after seeing the black stock wheels of walkedu. I figured that it's completely reversible and low investment cost, so I thought I'd give it a try. I really like how it looks. I put 5 coats of matte black, and it looks really clean. I was surprised at the quality of the finish. Anyway, I'll see how good the durability is on this. When I get sick of it, I can just peel if off! So funny.
HI! I know this post is old, but I wanted to ask if you could post a straight on picture of your plasti-dipped wheels? I just picked up a set of these wheels but I'm iffy on the stock look. I love all black everything now. These are going on my 2007 IS350. How long did the Plasti-dip last? Thanks in advance
Old 04-27-17, 04:59 AM
and3re
Driver

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by norcal-isf

I decided to try Plasti-dip on the wheels after seeing the black stock wheels of walkedu. I figured that it's completely reversible and low investment cost, so I thought I'd give it a try. I really like how it looks. I put 5 coats of matte black, and it looks really clean. I was surprised at the quality of the finish. Anyway, I'll see how good the durability is on this. When I get sick of it, I can just peel if off! So funny.

awesome.

have you changed anything since?
Old 08-26-18, 02:15 PM
Hirenpatel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Important question!

First of all you have a beautiful Lexus. I have the same specs. as your Lexus except for the blacked out grille. I loved the way you have blacked out your grille and was wondering how you did it. I would really appreciate it if you would share your tips and tricks.
Old 08-27-18, 08:09 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirenpatel
First of all you have a beautiful Lexus. I have the same specs. as your Lexus except for the blacked out grille. I loved the way you have blacked out your grille and was wondering how you did it. I would really appreciate it if you would share your tips and tricks.
I have seen people plasti-dip, pay someone to wrap with vinyl or DIY with vinyl. I did mine myself with vinyl I purchased from metrostyling. It was the first time I attempted to vinyl wrap anything and feel that it turned out well and only took me an hour or so after prepping .

Old 08-27-18, 09:13 AM
Hirenpatel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vinyl wrap

Originally Posted by jonmonkey
I have seen people plasti-dip, pay someone to wrap with vinyl or DIY with vinyl. I did mine myself with vinyl I purchased from metrostyling. It was the first time I attempted to vinyl wrap anything and feel that it turned out well and only took me an hour or so after prepping .

Thanks man, I’m planing on putting a wrap on mine now. How long was the process and how would you rate the amount of work for someone who’s not a major pro at doing things like this.
Old 08-27-18, 09:32 AM
jonmonkey
Advanced

Received 152 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Hirenpatel
Thanks man, I’m planing on putting a wrap on mine now. How long was the process and how would you rate the amount of work for someone who’s not a major pro at doing things like this.
Again, I am no pro, this was the first time I attempted something like this. I watched a ton of videos on youtube (CK Wraps was super helpful IMHO) before I tried. I did both of the window trims and the front grill in a matte black I bought from metrostyling.com, spent about $100 with shipping. Took about 1-2 hours for prep (scrubbing with soapy water, drying, cleaning with 70% isopropyl alcohol, taping off borders, etc). The actual process took about 30 minutes per window trim and the grill took a little over an hour...I messed up and had to re-do the front grill after being about 70% done. I used the left over to wrap a rear spoiler weeks later....that took about 2.5 hours to wrap as I did it off the vehicle and it was tough to get a good handle on it to get it wrapped...but doable. What part of Texas are you in?