RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

USB 2.0/ Rioja Red Can't wait

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-15, 07:09 PM
SigmonC
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default USB 2.0/ Rioja Red Can't wait

I have made up my mind between the RC and The 2 series. I pick up my RC F Sport Saturday!!
My dealer says its the second one they've had in this color combo. Found it in PA pretty loaded up exactly how I would have ordered it.

AWD F Sport
Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0
Rioja Red interior
Navigation with ML audio
LED Fog Lights
Rear Spoiler
Illuminated Door Sills
All Season Mats
Trunk Mat
Wheels locks
Cargo Net
Rear Bumper Applique
F Sport Key Gloves
Front Paint Film
Old 09-17-15, 07:24 PM
ZAM
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

looks like you got every single option, lol. You won't be disappointed with the RC. Hope you enjoy it.
Old 09-17-15, 07:32 PM
SigmonC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ZAM
looks like you got every single option, lol. You won't be disappointed with the RC. Hope you enjoy it.
Didn't get winter weather pack or the exhaust, but yeah I think it will be a great new daily.
Old 09-17-15, 09:00 PM
walkedu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats! I was in the same boat as you before I picked up my RC.

I was looking at a fully loaded M235i with all the M performance upgrades. I eventually decided on the RC. Mine is fully loaded with some dealer add on's such as rims, tint ect. They gave me a deal I couldnt walk away from.

Thing is though both cars are totally different animals. It took me a while to get use to the engine of the RC compared to the 2 series. The 2 series has a lot of initial torque due to the turbo and the RC wants you do rev the engine out. Also the 2 series is a lot more nimble, you definitely feel the weight of the RC. In the end what the RC lacks in driving dynamics it makes up in ride and interior quality. Esp if it will be your daily driver, the 2 series was a bit too much for me. I use to drive my Z4 as my DD so coming from that into the RC its literally night and day, I'm sure my back thanks me for that also.

This might sound weird but you have to get into the RC not thinking its a sports coupe but more of a GT car. My fiance loved the car so much we ended up getting another one for her.

Last edited by walkedu; 09-17-15 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-17-15, 09:08 PM
flyfl1pguy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

whats the price you got for the RC?
Old 09-18-15, 03:53 AM
SigmonC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by walkedu

I was looking at a fully loaded M235i with all the M performance upgrades. I eventually decided on the RC. Mine is fully loaded with some dealer add on's such as rims, tint ect. They gave me a deal I couldnt walk away from.

Thing is though both cars are totally different animals. It took me a while to get use to the engine of the RC compared to the 2 series. The 2 series has a lot of initial torque due to the turbo and the RC wants you do rev the engine out. Also the 2 series is a lot more nimble, you definitely feel the weight of the RC. In the end what the RC lacks in driving dynamics it makes up in ride and interior quality. Esp if it will be your daily driver, the 2 series was a bit too much for me. I use to drive my Z4 as my DD so coming from that into the RC its literally night and day, I'm sure my back thanks me for that also.

This might sound weird but you have to get into the RC not thinking its a sports coupe but more of a GT car. My fiance loved the car so much we ended up getting another one for her.
That is exactly my take away. Luxury gt with some sporty ness. Exactly what I need in a daily/long trip car. I'm coming from a SS camaro. They are also very night and day.
Old 09-18-15, 04:51 AM
SigmonC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by flyfl1pguy
whats the price you got for the RC?
Well in my area, the two closest dealerships are related. So there isn't much room to move on sticker. It also had to be acquired from the other dealer in PA. It was loaded up but I got 1k off and no document fees. about 55k.
Old 09-18-15, 06:21 AM
cjschober
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SigmonC
I have made up my mind between the RC and The 2 series. I pick up my RC F Sport Saturday!!
My dealer says its the second one they've had in this color combo. Found it in PA pretty loaded up exactly how I would have ordered it.

AWD F Sport
Ultrasonic Blue Mica 2.0
Rioja Red interior
Navigation with ML audio
LED Fog Lights
Rear Spoiler
Illuminated Door Sills
All Season Mats
Trunk Mat
Wheels locks
Cargo Net
Rear Bumper Applique
F Sport Key Gloves
Front Paint Film
I've got the same color combo fully loaded. You'll love it. It was a combo that my wife and others said would look silly. They were so wrong. It's the epitome of badassery!
Attached Thumbnails USB 2.0/ Rioja Red Can't wait-image.jpeg  
Old 09-18-15, 07:13 AM
SigmonC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by cjschober
I've got the same color combo fully loaded. You'll love it. It was a combo that my wife and others said would look silly. They were so wrong. It's the epitome of badassery!
Indeed it is sir. I believe yours is the post that convinced me to go with the red interior instead of playa, Big thanks.
Old 09-18-15, 05:17 PM
flyfl1pguy

wifey also doesn't like the color combo, but I bet it will change her mind
Old 09-19-15, 09:54 PM
SigmonC
Driver School Candidate

Busy all day enjoying it. I love this car. Pics tomorrow.
Old 09-24-15, 11:17 AM
Padrino
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by walkedu

I was in the same boat as i was looking for a replacement for my E92. One thing is for sure, i cannot track this car. Something i used to do with my E92 and was planning to do with the M235i

Ps. My goodness your garage is amazing. Let me know if you're looking for some help exercising all those fine automobiles and bike.
Old 09-24-15, 02:44 PM
walkedu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Padrino
I was in the same boat as i was looking for a replacement for my E92. One thing is for sure, i cannot track this car. Something i used to do with my E92 and was planning to do with the M235i

Ps. My goodness your garage is amazing. Let me know if you're looking for some help exercising all those fine automobiles and bike.
I dont want to say the car is not competent on the track, because it is. It's just not as competent as say a 235i... I might go as far to say the IS350 feels a lot more nimble than the RC.

There are a lot of winding roads near my house and I do spirited driving on them from time to time. I have driven my RC and my brothers IS350 back to back on them and the IS just feels more nimble. The weight definitely is a huge factor, but with the weight the RC feels more planted to the ground even when going around corners.

Hahah whenever you are in the Del Mar / Rancho area let me know.