RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Winter weather mats

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-15, 07:00 PM
SigmonC
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Winter weather mats

dumb question. I'm picking up my new RC this Saturday. The car is fitted with the all season mats. If so they still have the carpeted mats too right? Thanks
Old 09-17-15, 09:13 PM
walkedu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The car comes with the regular floor mats, I had them throw in my all weather floor mats in the deal so i kept both. I would talk to your dealer before you actually pick it up so you can receive both. Honestly I wouldnt even bother with the carpet ones. Mine are in my garage collecting dust.
Old 09-18-15, 12:20 AM
JamesEarl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SigmonC
dumb question. I'm picking up my new RC this Saturday. The car is fitted with the all season mats. If so they still have the carpeted mats too right? Thanks
The carpeted mats are in the trunk. Hopefully.
Old 09-18-15, 04:48 AM
glower
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Winter Floor Mats

The Lexus winter weather mats aren't nearly as effective in keeping the floor clean as are Weather Tech mats (even acknowledged by a Lexus dealer!). I bought Weather Techs for my wife's ES and they worked very well during a couple of bad Illinois winters so am considering adding them to my RC.
Old 09-18-15, 04:53 AM
SigmonC
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by glower
The Lexus winter weather mats aren't nearly as effective in keeping the floor clean as are Weather Tech mats (even acknowledged by a Lexus dealer!). I bought Weather Techs for my wife's ES and they worked very well during a couple of bad Illinois winters so am considering adding them to my RC.
I'll take a look at those, but since I found the car and did not order it, it already had the mats.
Old 09-18-15, 06:41 PM
ZAM
Pole Position

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

You should definitely take a look at the weathe tech floor liner for the RC. They are amazing and prevent any mess from even touching the carpet.
Old 09-18-15, 06:47 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZAM
You should definitely take a look at the weathe tech floor liner for the RC. They are amazing and prevent any mess from even touching the carpet.
Can someone post up pics of the Weather Tech mats please?
Old 09-19-15, 07:54 AM
tfischer

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts

I got my RC in November (in Ohio) and did not have time to wait for Weathertech to get its mats into production. I looked around and found a pretty good deal from an online Lexus dealer (I forget which one) for the Lexus RC rubber mats. I have had the Weathertech mats for several cars and they are excellent, but I find these Lexus mats to be very good with an elegant look which is far more understated than the more industrial appearance of the Weathertech line. Unlike mats of the past, these cannot just be laid over the top of the carpet mats, a practice now much discouraged as they can bunch up under the pedals and cause operational problems.
My suggestion would be to shop around and go with the best deal, as the Lexus mats are fine. Maybe even a little better than fine.
Old 09-19-15, 11:47 AM
ZAM
Pole Position

Originally Posted by toystry
Can someone post up pics of the Weather Tech mats please?
I can post pics of them tomorrow. I'm out of town this weekend and I'm not with the RC. Personally, I think the Weather Techs floor liners are better than the lexus all weather mats because they have a perfect fit and cover all the important parts of the floor. They also cost about the same price as the lexus mats.
Old 09-19-15, 07:15 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ZAM
I can post pics of them tomorrow. I'm out of town this weekend and I'm not with the RC. Personally, I think the Weather Techs floor liners are better than the lexus all weather mats because they have a perfect fit and cover all the important parts of the floor. They also cost about the same price as the lexus mats.
I have the in my IS350 and love them, but want to see them in an RC before I buy them for my RCF to make sure those who have them like them and the mold fits snug/fit.
Old 09-19-15, 07:26 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by walkedu
The car comes with the regular floor mats, I had them throw in my all weather floor mats in the deal so i kept both. I would talk to your dealer before you actually pick it up so you can receive both. Honestly I wouldnt even bother with the carpet ones. Mine are in my garage collecting dust.

No truck look for me in my RC. I go for luxury in a car like this, and keep 'em clean.
Old 09-19-15, 09:55 PM
SigmonC
Driver School Candidate

It did have the carpeted mats in the trunk. I will switch them out tomorrow and put the all season mats back in once the winter weather arrives.
Old 09-20-15, 08:43 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Canesguy
No truck look for me in my RC. I go for luxury in a car like this, and keep 'em clean.
Yep, and also we don't have the Winter mess, and a lot of rain like many others do so our carpeted mats stay nicer.
Old 09-20-15, 07:16 PM
walkedu
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Canesguy
To each their own. The ones that come with the car are pretty cheap. The all weather floor mats feel and look a lot better IMO. Even in my exotics I have all weather floor mats. Only car that I don't have them in is the phantom because the carpet is integrated in the car itself.

Plus my son can be a bit messy. Hahaha

Last edited by walkedu; 09-20-15 at 07:19 PM.
Old 09-21-15, 02:55 PM
ZAM
Pole Position

I have not had the time to clean the mats yet. But here they are:

Quick Reply: Winter weather mats