RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Today is the day....

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-15, 07:34 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Today is the day....

I'm so excited. Today has finally arrived. The Lexus dealer I ended up going with is about a two hour drive from Roseville (Sacramento). My local dealer didn't want to put in the effort and the other dealer didn't know how to get it done without having me pay shipping charges.

All the dealers I spoke with (five) knew the car I wanted was in Texas but only one got off their duff and made it happen. Fremont Lexus--here we come!

Hubby and I are going to take Amtrak to Fremont, and the dealer is sending someone to pick us up and take us to dealer. "Ruby" was delivered night before last so we are right on schedule.

I figure we'll be there for a couple hours signing all kinds of things. Pretty sure they'll try to sell us something extra, but financing is taken care of so I'm hoping we'll be on the road by 3:30. We haven't purchased a new car in over 21 years so we'll see.

For once, I'm a little excited to go to work tomorrow....I just want to drive my car!

What a great way to use a vacation day!

0 days.....6 hours....
Old 08-20-15, 09:45 AM
JT4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by kymbakitty
I'm so excited. Today has finally arrived. The Lexus dealer I ended up going with is about a two hour drive from Roseville (Sacramento). My local dealer didn't want to put in the effort and the other dealer didn't know how to get it done without having me pay shipping charges.

All the dealers I spoke with (five) knew the car I wanted was in Texas but only one got off their duff and made it happen. Fremont Lexus--here we come!

Hubby and I are going to take Amtrak to Fremont, and the dealer is sending someone to pick us up and take us to dealer. "Ruby" was delivered night before last so we are right on schedule.

I figure we'll be there for a couple hours signing all kinds of things. Pretty sure they'll try to sell us something extra, but financing is taken care of so I'm hoping we'll be on the road by 3:30. We haven't purchased a new car in over 21 years so we'll see.

For once, I'm a little excited to go to work tomorrow....I just want to drive my car!

0 days.....6 hours....
Congrats!!! Enjoy the experience...
ALE81
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That is exciting! Hope you love it. The RC is definitely a nice looking ride!!
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Enjoy your new ride, and don't let them upsell you, especially on an extended warranty.
Old 08-20-15, 03:57 PM
q-OnE
Rookie

congrats! I'm waiting for my dealer to let me know when to come down and pick mines up as well. Can't wait to do what you're doing right now
Old 08-21-15, 10:52 AM
PeterLegen
Driver School Candidate

Ah the excitement of picking up a new vehicle.
Old 08-21-15, 04:09 PM
Nightcrawl
Driver

0 days.....6 hours....
So how did it go? I'm dying to know!
Old 08-21-15, 05:51 PM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default Super fun day....

Old 08-21-15, 05:58 PM
Seize
Loves Snickerdoodles!

Received 68 Likes on 53 Posts

Congrats on your new RC! Love the color you chose
Old 08-21-15, 06:11 PM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default Super jazzed....

Originally Posted by Seize
Congrats on your new RC! Love the color you chose
It's been such a great experience. I wondered how I would feel this a.m. when I went into garage and saw the car. Not a single bit of remorse. Just as excited to get in and drive as I was yesterday. It's just a beautiful car.

I went to work this a.m. and my husband sold our 2006 Toyota Solara. One day after we got new car....crazy awesome timing. I didn't think I would ever buy a $50k+ car. But our loan is under $20k and I think that was a great decision. She'll (Ruby) be paid off in 3 short years and she'll be ours, free and clear.

Didn't buy anything extra. Except there was a charge of $189 for hydrogen filled tires. Probably a waste of money, but after just spending over $53k, I wasn't going to quibble about $189.

So excited....hubby likes it too.

Dawn
Old 08-21-15, 06:33 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

It looks awesome!
Congrats!
Old 08-21-15, 07:15 PM
kevin7r
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's been such a great experience. I wondered how I would feel this a.m. when I went into garage and saw the car. Not a single bit of remorse. Just as excited to get in and drive as I was yesterday. It's just a beautiful car.

I went to work this a.m. and my husband sold our 2006 Toyota Solara. One day after we got new car....crazy awesome timing. I didn't think I would ever buy a $50k+ car. But our loan is under $20k and I think that was a great decision. She'll (Ruby) be paid off in 3 short years and she'll be ours, free and clear.

Didn't buy anything extra. Except there was a charge of $189 for hydrogen filled tires. Probably a waste of money, but after just spending over $53k, I wasn't going to quibble about $189.

So excited....hubby likes it too.

Dawn
Charge of $189 for hydrogen filled tires? Must be those new "Hindenburg" brand tires! LoL!
Nitrogen maybe?
Old 08-21-15, 07:28 PM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default Yeah....you are right...

Originally Posted by kevin7r
Charge of $189 for hydrogen filled tires? Must be those new "Hindenburg" brand tires! LoL!
Nitrogen maybe?
I just asked hubby and he said nitrogen.

I never heard of that but he had. Seems kind of silly to me, but it wasn't worth having them remove and replace with air.
Old 08-22-15, 10:06 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

FYI, you could/should have refused the nitrogen filled tires, and they would not have removed it and re-filled with air (which is 80% nitrogen). Letting N2 out and filling with air is way too time consuming with labor cost. Their outrageous charge was pure dealer profit......live and learn.

Anyway, beautiful car! Enjoy!

Last edited by Canesguy; 08-22-15 at 05:34 PM.
Old 08-22-15, 11:25 AM
USB3IS
Driver School Candidate

Congrats! What a beauty!!

Quick Reply: Today is the day....