RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Need help deciding on RC or GS

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-15, 06:19 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Need help deciding on RC or GS

So here's my dilema... I had a 97 SC400 ( slammed on some nice wheels ), sold it, and later bought a 06 GS300, dropped it, with wheels,... but torn between either returning to my sports car roots,... or getting a newer GS.

Here's where I need help. I am trying to get a feel for the possibilities of aftermarket on both side, rims, drop, etc.... I've been trying to sift through this forum for RC's that are both dropped and have rims on it. If you could please post some pics... would greatly help this decision. I've seen 2 or 3 that have been real head turner's and eye openers for me.... but i'm trying to get info on how low i can go without bags for day to day use as well as rim / tire combo that work with the drops without rubbing and what not.

Thanks... here's what I'm rollin now.
Attached Thumbnails Need help deciding on RC or GS-lex-gs300.jpg  
Old 08-10-15, 08:51 PM
Sim
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Do you have an Instagram account? Cause you can find plenty on there. I got another month and 1/2 before my Works come in.
Old 08-12-15, 05:33 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

It really depends on your lifestyle. If you have kids and go out with all your friends than the GS would be a better fit. If it is just you and another, like the sporty look and feel of the RC then get the RC. The RC has more front legroom than the GS does.
Old 08-13-15, 07:00 AM
tfischer

Received 194 Likes on 147 Posts

RC or GS? I had to make the same decision. I drove them both several times. Then I asked myself: Is this car for me or for my dad?
I got the red RC.
Old 08-13-15, 10:13 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Since you only posted this on the RC page, you already kind of made your decision

If you need something more practical for carrying stuff and people, then the GS is for you. The GS also has a more luxurious interior and the larger screen. The GS is also the best handling car in its class.

RC is a great car too, but I just needed something with a little more space.
One thing I noticed when sitting in the RC is the low roof and inability to lower the seat enough, so my tall frame doesn't fit very well. With the seat set to the lowest, my hair still brushes against the headliner, unless I drive in a reclined position. The backseat also becomes useless unless I have my friends remove their legs and heads before getting in.
Old 08-13-15, 10:23 AM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Both have pros and cons

GS: Faster, nicer interior, more room/carrying capacity/seats, huge screen in dash

RC: Sharp looks, sports car, still is very nice. It's tight getting in/out for me (i'm pretty tall).

It boils down, to do you need a 2 door, or 4 door?
Old 08-13-15, 01:50 PM
Road Race Motorsports
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NAZTY97
So here's my dilema... I had a 97 SC400 ( slammed on some nice wheels ), sold it, and later bought a 06 GS300, dropped it, with wheels,... but torn between either returning to my sports car roots,... or getting a newer GS.

Here's where I need help. I am trying to get a feel for the possibilities of aftermarket on both side, rims, drop, etc.... I've been trying to sift through this forum for RC's that are both dropped and have rims on it. If you could please post some pics... would greatly help this decision. I've seen 2 or 3 that have been real head turner's and eye openers for me.... but i'm trying to get info on how low i can go without bags for day to day use as well as rim / tire combo that work with the drops without rubbing and what not.

Thanks... here's what I'm rollin now.
First I would say consider needs, if you get the use of a 4 door then stay with it. If you can do without 2 doors and 3 back seats (come one the RC back seats are for children and our web guy Sean) then go with the RC. The RC will handle better but the GS will give you more room. If you are getting a newer model then you will only have the option of the V6 350 engine as the newest GS does not have a V8 option. Either way there are some great power options available for each car. Once you make a decision you could reach out and to us at Road///Race and we would love to help in that department.
Old 08-14-15, 07:16 AM
GregCanada
Advanced

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by Road Race Motorsports
First I would say consider needs, if you get the use of a 4 door then stay with it. If you can do without 2 doors and 3 back seats (come one the RC back seats are for children and our web guy Sean) then go with the RC. The RC will handle better but the GS will give you more room. If you are getting a newer model then you will only have the option of the V6 350 engine as the newest GS does not have a V8 option. Either way there are some great power options available for each car. Once you make a decision you could reach out and to us at Road///Race and we would love to help in that department.
The 2016 GS will have a 4cyl turbo, a V6, a V6 hybrid and a V8 option.

Old 08-14-15, 09:31 AM
Road Race Motorsports
Driver

Originally Posted by GregCanada
The 2016 GS will have a 4cyl turbo, a V6, a V6 hybrid and a V8 option.

Nice! I have had a chance to drive the GS 400 and GS 430 in the past, they are some smooth and powerful cars. If I had a choice though I think I would get the GS 350 F Sport; price, power, features and options hit a good point.
Old 08-14-15, 12:12 PM
NAZTY97
Lead Lap

Received 38 Likes on 20 Posts

Between me & my wife, we have a RX300 ( work vehicle / fishing etc ), the 06 GS300, Audi A5 & 4Runner. She's leaning towards trading her A5 in for a GS or A6.

I don't need a 4 door, but a customized GS is appealing, and seemingly so is a RC. Just haven't seen many well done examples of either.

Vossen has a good GS on their promo vid, but RC does seem a lil less boss status.... May go drive both today.
Old 08-14-15, 05:33 PM
Road Race Motorsports
Driver

Originally Posted by NAZTY97
Between me & my wife, we have a RX300 ( work vehicle / fishing etc ), the 06 GS300, Audi A5 & 4Runner. She's leaning towards trading her A5 in for a GS or A6.

I don't need a 4 door, but a customized GS is appealing, and seemingly so is a RC. Just haven't seen many well done examples of either.

Vossen has a good GS on their promo vid, but RC does seem a lil less boss status.... May go drive both today.
Keep us updated, I like the work you have already done and want to see were you go with your next car.