RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Anyone else choose Luxury over Sport?

Old 08-03-15, 05:34 AM
dmac250
Driver

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Awd

Chicago, AWD needed for me, F-Sport Pac.
Old 08-03-15, 01:21 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by dstopsie
My fsport comes with the power telescopic steering wheel and also memory seats, blind spot monitor, navigation and ML, intuitive parking assist, heated and ventilated seats. Pretty much fully loaded and has more features standard on the fsport then I had on my 2014 IS 350 F sport
Mine is just like yours, and I like it that way.
Old 08-04-15, 05:03 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Luxury....including Rain Sensing Wipers?

My fsport comes with the power telescopic steering wheel and also memory seats, blind spot monitor, navigation and ML, intuitive parking assist, heated and ventilated seats. Pretty much fully loaded and has more features standard on the fsport then I had on my 2014 IS 350 F sport
Do you have an actual Luxury Package or all the features (if you have rain sensing wipers, then I need to go back to drawing board).

I got a call from another dealer....there is an Infrared/Playa which was my first choice (although the leather looks a little yellowish in some of the pictures....I'm sure it would be fine though).

I'm worried about the rougher ride in the sport. I don't care about the Aluminum Foot Petals (they don't make car go any faster)....

A few of the initial reports suggested that you get a smoother ride in the base model. And I know with any "sport" model, you lose some of that with the different suspension.

Looks like I need to go take a test drive in a sport model to see if I can detect a difference. I ruled it out based on wrong information....I think the only thing you can't get is Rain Sensing Wipers. I have to see if the ride is that different.
Old 08-04-15, 06:58 AM
tfischer

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

Kitty: I have an infrared with flaxen, and I have seen an infrared on the lot with the playa. From the book and from photos, my first choice was playa, but having seen them, I much prefer the flaxen, as the playa has a distinctive and conspicuous amount of yellow in it, which does not play well with the red (but would surely be nice with some other exterior colors). Be sure to take a look at both before you buy.
Old 08-04-15, 07:00 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by GearHead69
Mine is just like yours, and I like it that way.
Me too. I love this car. The more I drive it the more I am loving it. It's a different drive than my IS and this car is fun to drive. Has more features that were standard than my IS ever had
Old 08-04-15, 09:18 PM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default Agreed....

Originally Posted by tfischer
Kitty: I have an infrared with flaxen, and I have seen an infrared on the lot with the playa. From the book and from photos, my first choice was playa, but having seen them, I much prefer the flaxen, as the playa has a distinctive and conspicuous amount of yellow in it, which does not play well with the red (but would surely be nice with some other exterior colors). Be sure to take a look at both before you buy.
I agree. The more I look at Playa, the more I lean toward Flaxen. That's exactly what I've been thinking...a bit too yellow looking. I still think it looks great with the Infrared, if you like the yellowish tone. I wouldn't turn either down, but if I want a Luxury Package, it's Flaxen and that's fine with me.

I don't think you can get Flaxen interior with Infrared exterior on the Sport....just Playa.

17 days and counting.

Dawn
Old 08-05-15, 02:58 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Me too. I love this car. The more I drive it the more I am loving it. It's a different drive than my IS and this car is fun to drive. Has more features that were standard than my IS ever had
The only option I wished it had was the rain sensing wipers, but what the heck it doesn't rain all that much here in Phoenix anyway.
Old 08-06-15, 07:01 AM
tfischer

Received 189 Likes on 143 Posts

GH: I have the rain sensing wipers and that feature adds several layers of complexity to the stalk control, and now I seldom know if "auto" is switched on or what the settings are. (Part of the problem is that the actions have all been moved around and work differently from my previous cars.)
I always thought that I should be able to tell when it was raining, and if the rain was light or heavy and set a three position switch accordingly. I don't think the absence of electronics to do this is a big negative.
Old 08-06-15, 11:15 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by tfischer
GH: I have the rain sensing wipers and that feature adds several layers of complexity to the stalk control, and now I seldom know if "auto" is switched on or what the settings are. (Part of the problem is that the actions have all been moved around and work differently from my previous cars.)
I always thought that I should be able to tell when it was raining, and if the rain was light or heavy and set a three position switch accordingly. I don't think the absence of electronics to do this is a big negative.
Thanks for the feedback tfischer as I thought I was missing something. Heck, I've only used the wipers 3 times, and every time I forget the sequence to get to the low setting. If it rained more I wouldn't forget, or that could be because of old age. LOL
Old 08-06-15, 11:23 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default Not a big deal....

Originally Posted by GearHead69
Thanks for the feedback tfischer as I thought I was missing something. Heck, I've only used the wipers 3 times, and every time I forget the sequence to get to the low setting. If it rained more I wouldn't forget, or that could be because of old age. LOL

Of all the extras, that is the one I would worry about the least. I never had it so I'm not even missing something.

Unfortunately, it hasn't rained very much so I rarely even use them.

I have a coworker that has that option on her Lexus. She said the first time they came on it scared her so much so nearly jumped out of her seat.

Ha!
Old 08-06-15, 01:28 PM
Pearlrider
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Wipers

At least you can use the windshield washer fluid to put out the burning embers. Heh heh heh....
Or is that to being restricted?
Old 08-06-15, 01:40 PM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default Not here....

Originally Posted by Pearlrider
At least you can use the windshield washer fluid to put out the burning embers. Heh heh heh....
Or is that to being restricted?

Fortunately, we don't have too many fires in the Sacramento/Roseville area....not like they do in Southern California....Riverside/San Bernardino usually gets hit pretty hard too.
Old 08-06-15, 02:14 PM
jowsleyyy
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Put rainx on your car or Carpro Forte on your windshield and forget about using your wipers! At least for TX rain
Old 08-06-15, 02:20 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by kymbakitty
Of all the extras, that is the one I would worry about the least. I never had it so I'm not even missing something.

Unfortunately, it hasn't rained very much so I rarely even use them.

I have a coworker that has that option on her Lexus. She said the first time they came on it scared her so much so nearly jumped out of her seat.

Ha!
My wife's ES330 has them and so did my 2011 Camaro. It was nice, but not a deal breaker. My wife did the same thing when the wipers first went off in auto mode.
Old 07-28-17, 11:11 PM
RickHansen
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am sick of everything having a 'sport' option, CT's, RX, NX etc, the grille is just done to death. I went luxury just to get away from it.