RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Molten Pearl?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-15, 04:20 PM
adam2104
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Molten Pearl?

I'm looking at trading my 2013 2IS F-Sport for a RC 350 F-Sport. The color I'm looking at is Molten Pearl. I typically like the color orange, my office has two bright orange walls, my cell phone case is orange, my gin/juice glass I'm using right now is orange, etc. I'm not sure I want a bright orange car though. For those of you who have one, do you still like it? How much attention do you get when driving it?
Old 07-25-15, 05:12 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

My car is black but since I sell the cars I feel ok giving an opinion. I see it everyday.
The color is so dynamic. Its gorgeous. If you're into orange, don't fret. Just do it. You'll love it.
Old 07-25-15, 05:25 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by adam2104
I'm looking at trading my 2013 2IS F-Sport for a RC 350 F-Sport. The color I'm looking at is Molten Pearl. I typically like the color orange, my office has two bright orange walls, my cell phone case is orange, my gin/juice glass I'm using right now is orange, etc. I'm not sure I want a bright orange car though. For those of you who have one, do you still like it? How much attention do you get when driving it?

I like the copper metallic oranges of some cars, but the molten pearl is a more polarizing color. Are you going to lease or buy? If buying, consider resale market demand and resale value. You should get what YOU want though.
Old 07-25-15, 09:30 PM
jowsleyyy
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I also have an orange phone case! I also have numerous orange shirts, shoes, socks, and shorts! I love the orange! (if you can't tell) Just don't get black rims though...

Old 07-26-15, 03:57 AM
adam2104
Driver School Candidate

That's a sharp looking car! I''m still on the fence, but leaning more towards yes. The only other color the dealer has is white, which isn't my fav. If I'm going to spend a bunch of money on a car, it'll be exactly how I want it.
Old 07-26-15, 12:00 PM
radcoupe
Driver

WOW! Such a unique color. I dig it. They have one in my dealer lot in town. Makes a bold statement for sure. I went with Ultra White last minute, was leaning towards the Mica blue, but went with my gut at the end. You have to get and be happy with what you want. So go for it!
Old 07-30-15, 06:03 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

Everyone that knows me, knows that orange is my favorite color. And quite honestly, when I saw the orange (Molten Pearl), I just assumed that this is the color I would end up with. It is my perfect orange.

However, when I actually saw the Infrared, "in person," I knew that was the color for me. And so began my journey of actually trying to get one without BLACK interior. Ugh....ridiculous. Apparently, they did not send ANY to California. There was ONE in Arizona that was spoken for, and then one in Texas. I'm waiting for the one in Texas to be sent to California.

So no pictures yet....but hopefully by the end of August.

But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the orange too.

Dawn
Old 07-31-15, 11:44 AM
LEXUSver
Driver School Candidate

I just got one myself last weekend, a molten pearl. It's quite unique/rare.... but the upgrades/options that I was looking for are only available in this color.

Last edited by LEXUSver; 07-31-15 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-31-15, 06:02 PM
AussieRC
Rookie

Originally Posted by kymbakitty
Everyone that knows me, knows that orange is my favorite color. And quite honestly, when I saw the orange (Molten Pearl), I just assumed that this is the color I would end up with. It is my perfect orange.

However, when I actually saw the Infrared, "in person," I knew that was the color for me. And so began my journey of actually trying to get one without BLACK interior. Ugh....ridiculous. Apparently, they did not send ANY to California. There was ONE in Arizona that was spoken for, and then one in Texas. I'm waiting for the one in Texas to be sent to California.

So no pictures yet....but hopefully by the end of August.

But I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the orange too.

Dawn
What colour interior did you go for?
Old 07-31-15, 08:16 PM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default Flaxen

Originally Posted by AussieRC
What colour interior did you go for?
I would have liked Playa, but that just wasn't in the cards. So I got Flaxen.

I apparently got the only other Infrared/Flaxen car on the planet--ha. California has many Infrared/Black, but I did not want black interior.

19 days....
Old 08-01-15, 07:45 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by kymbakitty
I would have liked Playa, but that just wasn't in the cards. So I got Flaxen.

I apparently got the only other Infrared/Flaxen car on the planet--ha. California has many Infrared/Black, but I did not want black interior.

19 days....
I definitely agree with you on no black interiors. They are just lifeless. No way I'd get a silver with black interior....yawn.