RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Ultra white rc350 fsport coated in 22ple

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-15, 12:38 AM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DorianE
By final coat, do you mean another layer of the same product. Or is it something I need to buy separately?
It's something you buy separately. It's a different product. Look it up on the detailed image website. It's called 22PLE VS1 Final Coat.
Old 07-20-15, 12:56 AM
DorianE
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 22ple

How long do you think I could wait until I apply the final coat?
Old 07-20-15, 03:08 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

How long do you think I could wait until I apply the final coat?

I waited 7 hours to apply it to my car. When you put the coating on your car just be careful that you get everything wiped down and you do it multiple times because if you let something dry on there that you missed wiping down you're going to get a white spot on your car that you can't remove because you didn't get all the product off

If you want to look at my car and how it looks after the 22 PLE has been applied before you do your car let me know. I work downtown but live in the valley so maybe if you want to see if we can arrange that.
Old 07-21-15, 09:45 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

Super deep and clean! Those additional protection on the paint is totally worth it!

-Josh (jlee@modinjapan.com)
Old 07-21-15, 03:10 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dstopsie
Hi everyone

Friday I had my car coated in 22 PLE and I wanted to share with you some pictures of how it came out. My rims were coated with opti coat.

These were taken by my detailer and he put them on his Facebook page and Instagram. I haven't taken any of my own shots yet but I will start today.

Car came out great and it does continue to cure for five days after applied.

The picture with the reflection of the wood is actually from the roof of my car and that reflection is my wood garage door.

Enjoy. I'll add some additional shots later today

Can you post some larger pics showing the glossiness on the UW? The UW is such a bright white I can't imagine it any shinier Also, are you happy with the high gloss look or does it look tacky? Thanks!
Old 07-21-15, 03:23 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by ModInJapan
Super deep and clean! Those additional protection on the paint is totally worth it!

-Josh (jlee@modinjapan.com)
yes it makes it so much easier to wash it and keep it clean. its like having extra clear coat on the car. well worth it for sure!!

thanks! Superior Shine, the mobile detailer in Arcadia details my car. i love it!
Old 07-21-15, 03:25 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by FUZCO
Can you post some larger pics showing the glossiness on the UW? The UW is such a bright white I can't imagine it any shinier Also, are you happy with the high gloss look or does it look tacky? Thanks!
i wlll post some larger pics and it does not look tacky at all. it adds depth to the color. white doesn't necessary have the brightest shine. but the coating really adds to it.
Old 07-21-15, 03:26 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

i wlll post some larger pics and it does not look tacky at all. it adds depth to the color. white doesn't necessary have the brightest shine. but the coating really adds to it.
Excellent. Thanks!
Old 07-22-15, 11:35 AM
DorianE
Driver School Candidate

I work all day so I don't think it would be possible, but I appreciate it! Maybe I'll see you at the next F Sport Society car meet. I have one last question (sorry for all the questions), I bought the final coat and does that mean that I need to buy another set of microfiber towels that need to be thrown away after?
Old 07-22-15, 04:21 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

I work all day so I don't think it would be possible, but I appreciate it! Maybe I'll see you at the next F Sport Society car meet. I have one last question (sorry for all the questions), I bought the final coat and does that mean that I need to buy another set of microfiber towels that need to be thrown away after?
I use the 22ple applicator to apply the final coat and 2 microfiber cloths to wipe it off. You do not need to throw those towels away because Final coat does not contain the same properties that the 22 PLE glass coating does. Also I do not let the final coat dry. I wipe it off when it is still wet. I apply it and then wipe it off that's how I do it
Old 07-22-15, 04:26 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Here are some pics after the 22ple was applied. I will take some in the daylight to but you can see the shine that is on the, car especially on the rear of the car in the dark
Attached Thumbnails Ultra white rc350 fsport coated in 22ple-image.jpg  
Old 07-25-15, 12:42 PM
radcoupe
Driver

Here are some pics after the 22ple was applied. I will take some in the daylight to but you can see the shine that is on the, car especially on the rear of the car in the dark
Clean! Glad I went with the Ultra White too. It was a last minute decision where we had to stop signage during the paperwork hahaha. I'm gonna look into this. Thank you and it really came out classy.