Search this Thread

Old 10-06-15, 03:42 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by RSee
Thank you brother for youbute video.
As soon as I heard that sound I got mine ordered
Also,thanks for the tips bout MAF sensor and oily hands.
No problem and it was fun making it. It was a pain to keep it tame on city streets and not get into trouble though.

Disconnect the MAF harness first, and then take out the two screws. Take a pic as you pull the MAF sensor out part way so you can reorient it correctly in the new tube. Place the MAF sensor on a bench, and also be aware that they also go in a certain way (see pic taken).

When it comes time to clean the air filter (once per year) what I've done is get a clean bucket, put some Dawn in it (this removes all the oil from the filter) and fill it with hot water. Place the filter in the bucket so the open end is facing you. Leave in the bucket for about 2 hours, and skim off all the oil at the top.

Take out the nice clean filter and rinse off with a garden hose, but not under pressure. Let dry thoroughly, which might take awhile and do not use compressed air.

Spray the oil lightly on the filter to just cover all the folds. DO NOT OVER OIL as it will mess up the MAF sensor, and your car will run like cr*p.

Enjoy and hope this helped.
Old 10-06-15, 05:15 PM
jowsleyyy
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I just got mine installed. I LOVE the sound. I've only rev'd it in my garage...I can't wait to get around to driving it.
Old 10-06-15, 05:48 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by jowsleyyy
I just got mine installed. I LOVE the sound. I've only rev'd it in my garage...I can't wait to get around to driving it.
Excellent news. It was pretty easy install wasn't it? I found the instructions to be very good, is that your take? The sound you get from driving it is amazing. If you love the sound just in your garage you will go nuts when you drive it.
Old 10-06-15, 09:42 PM
jowsleyyy
Intermediate

Install was pretty straight forward. Very, very easy.
Old 10-12-15, 04:56 PM
norcal-isf
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Shoot, I want one but it's not legal in California. Anyone know of any similar intakes that's legal in CA?
Old 10-12-15, 05:07 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by norcal-isf
Shoot, I want one but it's not legal in California. Anyone know of any similar intakes that's legal in CA?
Might be a stupid question, but why is it illegal in Cali? You'll still pass an emissions test as it doesn't throw any errors.
Old 10-12-15, 07:34 PM
RSee
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Smile

Originally Posted by GearHead69
Might be a stupid question, but why is it illegal in Cali? You'll still pass an emissions test as it doesn't throw any errors.
Amen brother...
Btw,everything is illegal in Cali (sadly off course)
Also,mine arrived today and will be installed this weekend together with NKS exhaust
Gearhead,on the installation paper they talk bout disconecting negative lead from battery.
I dont see reason for doing it but...Did U do it ?
Old 10-12-15, 07:48 PM
jowsleyyy
Intermediate

I didn't have any instructions about disconnecting the battery.
Old 10-13-15, 06:40 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Amen brother...
Btw,everything is illegal in Cali (sadly off course)
Also,mine arrived today and will be installed this weekend together with NKS exhaust
Gearhead,on the installation paper they talk bout disconecting negative lead from battery.
I dont see reason for doing it but...Did U do it ?
I didn't disconnect the battery. I think the reason they wanted that done is so the car will relearn your driving habits quicker and also that you put on the CAI. If you don't it will just take a bit longer to recognize that you have a CAI. I'd rather it take longer than have to go through re-doing all the car settings again.
Old 10-13-15, 06:41 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Originally Posted by jowsleyyy
I didn't have any instructions about disconnecting the battery.
Yea it was in there and should have been one of the first steps at least it was in my instructions.
Old 10-13-15, 12:58 PM
RSee
Rookie

Yea it was in there and should have been one of the first steps at least it was in my instructions.
Yup,instruction pamphlet that I got with my CAI.On the first page,one of the "bold" instructions...
I'll do it without removing the bat cable.
Dang it,I can't wait for this weekend to do all this
Old 10-13-15, 01:59 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Yup,instruction pamphlet that I got with my CAI.On the first page,one of the "bold" instructions...
I'll do it without removing the bat cable.
Dang it,I can't wait for this weekend to do all this
It will be amazing. Just remember to keep your old air box for your CA Smog inspections. The other thing is don't touch the MAF sensor as the oil from your fingers will mess up your ECU and the way the car runs. Also don't over oil the air filter as it would cause the same issues with the MAF sensor.
Old 10-13-15, 04:24 PM
RSee
Rookie

It will be amazing. Just remember to keep your old air box for your CA Smog inspections. The other thing is don't touch the MAF sensor as the oil from your fingers will mess up your ECU and the way the car runs. Also don't over oil the air filter as it would cause the same issues with the MAF sensor.
Of course that I'll keep my original parts (for smog and service calls to dealership).
Sensor will be handled with glover (2 pairs on) and when it comes to handle sensors just remove dirty top pair and clean one is on...im using that when i handle my vacuum equip...at work so I dont have to deal with moist hands/dry gloves trouble.
Hey listen,I never asked you.Did you take your car for tuning/dyno tune after the cai install.I'm about to change cai and exhaust so I was thinking about dyno tuning for optimal performance.
Old 10-13-15, 05:07 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Of course that I'll keep my original parts (for smog and service calls to dealership).
Sensor will be handled with glover (2 pairs on) and when it comes to handle sensors just remove dirty top pair and clean one is on...im using that when i handle my vacuum equip...at work so I dont have to deal with moist hands/dry gloves trouble.
Hey listen,I never asked you.Did you take your car for tuning/dyno tune after the cai install.I'm about to change cai and exhaust so I was thinking about dyno tuning for optimal performance.
No I haven't taken it in for a dyno tune as supposedly no one can tune the car's ECU. At least that is all the information I've gotten from forum members that indicate this ECU can't be cracked. The issue I have with tunes is that most of them turn off certain emission checks, and I don't know what long term effect that would have on the car. I can tell you that when I had my Camaro tuned that is was rich as I could see it on the tailpipe.

Also being in Cali can't you get a spot emission test, and if so you would fail.
Old 10-13-15, 06:22 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've uploaded a sound clip to YouTube that lets you hear what the Takeda CAI sounds like on a 2015 Lexus RC 350 with F-Sport option. The exhaust is stock. I've tried to include as many different driving conditions as possible. If you have any questions let me know.

At no time was the speed limit exceeded on surface streets or the freeway. The CAI makes the car sound like it is going faster than it really is.
I was gonna ask if that was AZ but then I looked and saw your profile.....funny I could tell that was AZ from the video. Sounds good btw.

Quick Reply: Takeda CAI Sound Clip - 2015 RC350 F-Sport