RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Brag about your lease deal! How does yours stack up?

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-15, 07:51 PM
FleeingFox
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FUZCO
There's no way of making that assumption about mo payment without knowing the MSRP, sale price, etc. that would suggest about $6k off MSRP with 2k down top tier credit and 10k year
Its not an assumption if you know the numbers, which you can garner with 30 seconds of research.

Hint 1) Look at the deals thread posted in this forum - average SoCal person is getting $5500-6500 off the car. Easily. Like you walk in and its flat out offered to you easy.

Hint 2) The advertisement and information directly from my brokers mouth indicates $2000 + Tax,Title, etc.

Hint 3) Fsport + Nav is ~$51,000 MSRP on the Lexus website.

I would hope that everyone leasing a $50,000 luxury car has top tier credit. I realize thats not always reality, but personally i would rather A) wait 6 month for my credit to get top tier, or B) lease a less expensive car to work on my credit and save money. I see no value in spending extra money a month purely on unnecessary interest.

Otherwise, if you are getting a luxury car and don't have top credit - its obvious you shouldn't expect the best deal. This is not a one size fits all scenario.

Instead of trying to disprove what I said, why don't you take a few minutes, research the SoCal market, and see for yourself.

I am not trying to be rude, its just getting bothersome.
Old 07-17-15, 08:07 PM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by FleeingFox
2k + fees, = $335 for the base Fsport. Add nav and its $350.

I understand this is a Lexus forum and I entirely respect your opinions.

But you have to realize that this car is comparatively a flop compared to its competitors.

People in SoCal have ZERO problems getting 15% off the car. Hell, when I drove the car at the dealer (Keyes in Sherman Oaks) they flat out offered 0 down $470 a month on any non-F Sports.

Lexus is subsidizing the car considerably to help move it. What better way to help move it than to make it $100 a month less than BMW 4 series?

with the fees, how much are you looking at?
I've seen some deals where its $2000 out of pocket and no other fees. . . .
Old 07-17-15, 08:22 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Its not an assumption if you know the numbers, which you can garner with 30 seconds of research.

Hint 1) Look at the deals thread posted in this forum - average SoCal person is getting $5500-6500 off the car. Easily. Like you walk in and its flat out offered to you easy.

Hint 2) The advertisement and information directly from my brokers mouth indicates $2000 + Tax,Title, etc.

Hint 3) Fsport + Nav is ~$51,000 MSRP on the Lexus website.

I would hope that everyone leasing a $50,000 luxury car has top tier credit. I realize thats not always reality, but personally i would rather A) wait 6 month for my credit to get top tier, or B) lease a less expensive car to work on my credit and save money. I see no value in spending extra money a month purely on unnecessary interest.

Otherwise, if you are getting a luxury car and don't have top credit - its obvious you shouldn't expect the best deal. This is not a one size fits all scenario.

Instead of trying to disprove what I said, why don't you take a few minutes, research the SoCal market, and see for yourself.

I am not trying to be rude, its just getting bothersome.
All the assumptions are being made by you. No one is disapproving anything. A monthly payment means nothing just by stating the MSRP. Thanks for clarifying. Also, if the dealership is throwing massive discounts to everyone in So CA (which they aren't), then no need for a broker either.

What's "bothersome" is the fact that many peeps here have done the research and worked hard to get their good deal and someone trolls that he and his broker can low ball and get the deal of a life time without providing any breakdown - insinuating that anyone paying more have been duped. Good leasing requires a lot of knowledge and isn't something someone gets going in with uncertainty or through a broker. Brokers make commission from whichever party they're commissioned. The chances of each party making out well with a $370 monthly lease on a 51k car is nill. It's well under invoice. Plus, any good broker would advise putting any money down on a lease anyway. Enough said.

Last edited by FUZCO; 07-17-15 at 09:34 PM.
Old 07-18-15, 12:40 AM
FleeingFox
Driver School Candidate

All the assumptions are being made by you. No one is disapproving anything. A monthly payment means nothing just by stating the MSRP. Thanks for clarifying. Also, if the dealership is throwing massive discounts to everyone in So CA (which they aren't), then no need for a broker either.

What's "bothersome" is the fact that many peeps here have done the research and worked hard to get their good deal and someone trolls that he and his broker can low ball and get the deal of a life time without providing any breakdown - insinuating that anyone paying more have been duped. Good leasing requires a lot of knowledge and isn't something someone gets going in with uncertainty or through a broker. Brokers make commission from whichever party they're commissioned. The chances of each party making out well with a $370 monthly lease on a 51k car is nill. It's well under invoice. Plus, any good broker would advise putting any money down on a lease anyway. Enough said.

Its actually really offensive that you say I am trolling,

I didn't troll, i didn't say anything about my personal broker low balling anything. I never said anyone paying more than that is being duped.

OP asked for deals, I told him/her my experience, with an oral offer from a broker I have used (and trust) that specified stated $2,000 down + fees, $350 a month + tax.

So now that you pissed me off - lets go through it easily right?

1) No dealers are throwing massive discounts?

CL user Cobbyy reports $5,700 off the car (California)
CL user Swoosh2k reports that he got $5500 off the car (Florida)
CL user FlexRC reports $4,777 off the car (Nevada)
CL user WilZ reports offers of $6,000 off the car, but does not mention his selling price. (California)
CL user Wabash reports $6,000 off the car.
CL user Akrwrk reports $6,000 off the car (California)

Those are just six that i pulled within 5 minutes, on this own website.

My own experience? I went to test drive the car and the dealer begged me to purchase it. Asked me what my current BMW payment is and matched it on the spot. with $0 down. Thats $0 down, $400 + tax a month for a MSRP $51000 car.

2) Its not some magical low ball offer, all broker sites I searched in my neighborhood ( I spent 5 minutes on this) have crazy low prices on the F-Sport

But you won't believe me... so:
http://autoworldleasing.com/specials/lexus-rc/ ($2000 down, $334 a month - for a $49,000 car.)
http://www.beverlymotors.com/auto-le...thly-specials/ ($339 for F-Sport)
https://newcarsuperstore.com/portfol...0-down-payment ($0 down, $449 a month)

And you make this BIG deal about not knowing the MSRP of the car so I am just making stuff up..... but we all know that the average F-Sport is stickered at $51,000.

Also, I can tell you know little about Brokers.

1) The broker is always paid by the dealer.
2) The broker is given a flat - per car fee, not a fee based on selling prices.
3) 50% of the brokers job is getting you a solid deal, the other 50% is making it convenient.

I also said at the top of my first post, that I was sure that if you were diligent enough to email dealers, make them compete, and then go into the dealer and spend a few hours negotiating - that it was almost guaranteed you could get a better deal.

You seem to have not read that.

In fact, you come into this thread, to what,insult me?. Call me a troll, say my numbers are guesses, say my broker is make believe who "magically" low *****, don't even bother reading my posts before criticizing, and then make like you have disproved me and your job is done.

What the hell man?

Lets face the honest truth, you want to know why the car is so cheap?

Because its a failure. Plain and simple.

1) Nobody is buying it.
2) It has lost every comparison against the competition. Motor Trend said its worse than the ATS Coupe. The 7 year old Audi A5 won that competition.

All reviewers say essentially "this would be a nice car if the base 4 series wasn't faster, and if the S5 didn't mutilate it on the track, and if it wasn't the heaviest car in the segment, and and and

3) Lexus sees 1 & 2 and needs to do something to sell cars - so they subsidize the car, and the dealer realizes they can sell the car for a small hit and make it back in the service department, and by reselling trade-ins.

Don't get me wrong, I like the car. A lot. I am seriously considering it as my next car, as well as an IS for my GF - hence my being on this forum.

But it would be ignorant to ignore the flaws and not to realize that the flaws have had a serious impact on the economics of selling the car.

However, if you feel that the car is worth so much more a month that you would rather wish to continue pretending I am a troll with made up numbers - enjoy and good day!
Old 07-18-15, 01:55 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Its actually really offensive that you say I am trolling,

I didn't troll, i didn't say anything about my personal broker low balling anything. I never said anyone paying more than that is being duped.

OP asked for deals, I told him/her my experience, with an oral offer from a broker I have used (and trust) that specified stated $2,000 down + fees, $350 a month + tax.

So now that you pissed me off - lets go through it easily right?

1) No dealers are throwing massive discounts?

CL user Cobbyy reports $5,700 off the car (California)
CL user Swoosh2k reports that he got $5500 off the car (Florida)
CL user FlexRC reports $4,777 off the car (Nevada)
CL user WilZ reports offers of $6,000 off the car, but does not mention his selling price. (California)
CL user Wabash reports $6,000 off the car.
CL user Akrwrk reports $6,000 off the car (California)

Those are just six that i pulled within 5 minutes, on this own website.

My own experience? I went to test drive the car and the dealer begged me to purchase it. Asked me what my current BMW payment is and matched it on the spot. with $0 down. Thats $0 down, $400 + tax a month for a MSRP $51000 car.

2) Its not some magical low ball offer, all broker sites I searched in my neighborhood ( I spent 5 minutes on this) have crazy low prices on the F-Sport

But you won't believe me... so:
http://autoworldleasing.com/specials/lexus-rc/ ($2000 down, $334 a month - for a $49,000 car.)
http://www.beverlymotors.com/auto-le...thly-specials/ ($339 for F-Sport)
https://newcarsuperstore.com/portfol...0-down-payment ($0 down, $449 a month)

And you make this BIG deal about not knowing the MSRP of the car so I am just making stuff up..... but we all know that the average F-Sport is stickered at $51,000.

Also, I can tell you know little about Brokers.

1) The broker is always paid by the dealer.
2) The broker is given a flat - per car fee, not a fee based on selling prices.
3) 50% of the brokers job is getting you a solid deal, the other 50% is making it convenient.

I also said at the top of my first post, that I was sure that if you were diligent enough to email dealers, make them compete, and then go into the dealer and spend a few hours negotiating - that it was almost guaranteed you could get a better deal.

You seem to have not read that.

In fact, you come into this thread, to what,insult me?. Call me a troll, say my numbers are guesses, say my broker is make believe who "magically" low *****, don't even bother reading my posts before criticizing, and then make like you have disproved me and your job is done.

What the hell man?

Lets face the honest truth, you want to know why the car is so cheap?

Because its a failure. Plain and simple.

1) Nobody is buying it.
2) It has lost every comparison against the competition. Motor Trend said its worse than the ATS Coupe. The 7 year old Audi A5 won that competition.

All reviewers say essentially "this would be a nice car if the base 4 series wasn't faster, and if the S5 didn't mutilate it on the track, and if it wasn't the heaviest car in the segment, and and and

3) Lexus sees 1 & 2 and needs to do something to sell cars - so they subsidize the car, and the dealer realizes they can sell the car for a small hit and make it back in the service department, and by reselling trade-ins.

Don't get me wrong, I like the car. A lot. I am seriously considering it as my next car, as well as an IS for my GF - hence my being on this forum.

But it would be ignorant to ignore the flaws and not to realize that the flaws have had a serious impact on the economics of selling the car.

However, if you feel that the car is worth so much more a month that you would rather wish to continue pretending I am a troll with made up numbers - enjoy and good day!

Didn't call you a troll but your posts are troll-y. What flaws? It's unique. Just bc its not as fast as the ATS or 435 doesn't mean it's flawed. Also, Lexus already tore through two years of inventory on the RC in just one month. Everything you said has been relative, assumptive, or plain wrong. Moreover, its insulting to others who are leasing at a higher price despite than what are half-azz deals posted through third party brokers.

You can through a monthly price out there without the particulars. That's all I mentioned in reply to your first post. Yet you just keep replying, rambling, and posting numbers that mean nothing. Leasing is a science. Without the formula and numbers you have nothing to explain the answer.

Your statement about brokers - wrong again. Auto brokers may work for dealers, buyers or both. Many auto broker companies offer leasing services for a flat fee to help you feel confident that you are getting the best price possible on your new car lease. Some leasing agents receive kickbacks from the dealership. This may cause a conflict of interest in the negotiation process, so you may want to find an agent who receives compensation directly from the clients, not from the dealership.

The discounts listed listed from other CL members are irrelevant. There's no specification on whether they were leases or purchases. Even so, your talking about $460 a month with with a $6500 discount at 10k miles a year. Almost always the salesman has different sets of numbers in mind for the selling price depending on whether you lease or buy, even though it shouldn't matter. Generally dealers are more gracious with purchasing than leasing when it comes to selling price.

Last edited by FUZCO; 07-18-15 at 02:08 PM.
Old 07-19-15, 07:39 PM
DorianE
Driver School Candidate

3 down
425 a month including tax
53k MSRP
Old 07-19-15, 08:04 PM
flyfl1pguy

Originally Posted by DorianE
3 down
425 a month including tax
53k MSRP
350 base?
Old 07-22-15, 11:26 AM
DorianE
Driver School Candidate

fully loaded
Old 07-22-15, 11:13 PM
radcoupe
Driver

My lease deal for the "F-Sport":

$3,000 down
24 month's/10,000 miles a year/$399 including tax
added the excess wear and tear for $475 (which finance manager said he greatly discounted), so with that I'm at $428 a month.

The residual stated is $38,xxx my msrp was very close to a little over $54,xxx. I have pretty much all the extra options.....fog lights, special amp for the audio system, Lexus illuminated door sills.... we'll see what happens. Currently I have 600 miles on mine after two months of ownership. I should be close to 1,600 miles according to 10,000 a year calculation broken down �� Did I get a pretty sound deal? Pay off is $45,xxx so I got a substantial discount. I negotiate seriously �� All my friends tell me I got one hell of a deal!

Last edited by radcoupe; 07-24-15 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-23-15, 12:46 AM
stevepanda
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by radcoupe

$3,000 down
added the excess wear and tear for $475 (which finance manager said he greatly discounted), so with that I'm at $428 a month.

The residual stated is $38,xxx my msrp was very close to a little over $54,xxx. I have pretty much all the extra options.....fog lights, special amp for the audio system, Lexus illuminated door sills.... we'll see what happens. Currently I have 600 miles on mine after two months of ownership. I should be close to 1,600 miles according to 10,000 a year calculation broken down �� Did I get a pretty sound deal? Pay off is $45,xxx so I got a substantial discount. I negotiate seriously �� All my friends tell me I got one hell of a deal!
That's pretty damn good deal!
Old 07-23-15, 01:46 AM
vbx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

$3,000 down

That's a freaking good deal. Which dealership and who was ur sales rep?

Looks like ur residual is at 70% so maybe that's why? But they did get you good with the 3k down. No MSD was possible with the deal?

Last edited by vbx; 07-23-15 at 01:51 AM.
Old 07-23-15, 12:11 PM
Loe
Pole Position

FYI, Lexus of Tampa Bay and Lexus of Clearwater both quoted me $6000 off MSRP for an Fsport model. Makes it tempting to trade my IS350 Fsport.
Old 07-23-15, 03:48 PM
flyfl1pguy

so far i got 10k miles a year, 24 month lease, $392 a month incl. taxes $52k msrp
Old 07-24-15, 03:21 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

$3,000 down

If you got $7K off MSRP, then your monthly nut without any money down would be $450 with tax. With 3K down payment, you should be $330 with tax. Something doesn't add up unless MF was marked up.
Old 07-24-15, 04:29 PM
flyfl1pguy

If you got $7K off MSRP, then your monthly nut without any money down would be $450 with tax. With 3K down payment, you should be $330 with tax. Something doesn't add up unless MF was marked up.
where can i find that $330 a month in cali.?

Quick Reply: Brag about your lease deal! How does yours stack up?