RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Coating on Ultra White

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-15, 02:13 PM
FUZCO
Lead Lap

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Coating on Ultra White

The ultra white color is a very unique, metallic, very bright white. Has anyone coated their UW? Do you think it's worthwhile or better off just washing and waxing?

For those of you that have a coated UW, what coating did you go with? I'm considering cquartz finest.

I'm usually a stickler for the PPF; specifically Xpel Ultimate. Xpel Ultimate is guaranteed not to yellow. However, after having it on my last white car for two year, you could definitely see that the "filmed" areas were slightly yellower, dirtier, than the non-covered areas. As a result, I'm hesitant to have the Xpel Ultimate installed this time around on the Ultra White. I know coatings are not a substitute for paint protection film, but I figure that not tailgating is sufficient enough to avoid paint chips. In consideration, I'm contemplating coatings instead.

Any advice? Thanks!
Old 07-07-15, 02:50 PM
dstopsie
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by FUZCO
The ultra white color is a very unique, metallic, very bright white. Has anyone coated their UW? Do you think it's worthwhile or better off just washing and waxing?

For those of you that have a coated UW, what coating did you go with? I'm considering cquartz finest.

I'm usually a stickler for the PPF; specifically Xpel Ultimate. Xpel Ultimate is guaranteed not to yellow. However, after having it on my last white car for two year, you could definitely see that the "filmed" areas were slightly yellower, dirtier, than the non-covered areas. As a result, I'm hesitant to have the Xpel Ultimate installed this time around on the Ultra White. I know coatings are not a substitute for paint protection film, but I figure that not tailgating is sufficient enough to avoid paint chips. In consideration, I'm contemplating coatings instead.

Any advice? Thanks!
i coated my ultra white is350 with 22ple. loved it. makes it easier to wash and keep clean

will be coating my new rvc350 sport ultra white with the same 22ple. my detailer does it for me. won't ever have a car again that is not coated.

Last edited by dstopsie; 07-07-15 at 08:25 PM.
Old 07-07-15, 03:03 PM
Jbreezie
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Not an RC, but I have an UW IS i coated with Opti-Coat Pro. Any ceramic coating will be far superior in protection compared to any wax or sealant alone. It's well worth the money.

PPF is something totally different and needed if you want total protecton. coatings will not protect against rock chips and debris.

You can go wrong with Opti-a Coat pro, Car pro Cquarts Finest, and other coatings. I also use toppers for extra protection and gloss such as Carpro Reload. We also have a forum here dedicate to auto detailing!