My 2015 Lexus RC 350 F Sport Lease Deal

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-15, 08:56 PM
radcoupe
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 2015 Lexus RC 350 F Sport Lease Deal

Hello all,

Just joined Club Lexus and hopefully I will be a proud lessee of an Atomic Silver 2015 Lexus RC 350 F-Sport soon!

I live in Fresno, California and currently the lease deal going on at Fresno Lexus is the following:

2015 RC 350 (No indication of Base or F-Sport trim) $449 a month for 36 months.

$3,999 due at signing. *Excludes official fees, taxes and dealer charges. No security deposit required. 10,000 mile/year limit.*

Now here's my story:

I found an Auto Broker based out of L.A. that supposedly gets killer lease deals on the F Sport or any other new models through Keye's Lexus specifically. I've been communicating with him for a few days now and I am very close to going in on the deal....

Here are the terms of the lease deal he said he could get me in:

2015 RC 350 F Sport Trim
$399 a month *Tax Included* for 24 months @ 10,000 miles or $379 a month *Tax included* for 24 months @ 7,500 miles
$2,500 down *Total out of pocket*
MSRP: $53,058
Link to the RC: http://www.keyeslexus.com/details/20.../3772511?cid=4

When I told Fresno Lexus what kind of deal I came upon, this is what they countered with to match the above deal:

2015 RC 350 F Sport Trim
$379 a month *Tax Included for 24 months @ 7,500 miles per year
$3,000 down
MSRP: $52,xxx
No advertised link for this deal, just a match since I presented above deal from broker.

The lease deal the Auto Broker is offering is very,very attractive let me tell you that much and I am very close to going for it, however I wanted to get some feedback from the crew here and forum, is this too good to be true? Should I move forward? What would you do? He states that: "By total out of pocket, I mean EVERYTHING is included (your first month's payment, registration, tax, licensing fees, drive-off, etc)." I have yet to know from the auto broker the residual and MF. Is there anything else I should confirm with the auto broker?

I did my own digging/investigation and decided to call Keye's Lexus and in fact the Fleet Manager there confirmed and said "Yes, we work with auto broker's all the time" and I confirmed the name of the one I am dealing with currently and the manager mentioned, "Yes, we work with him, he is a good kid."

So it looks like everything checks out . The way the auto broker told me he will handle the transaction is by me providing a credit questionnaire (running my credit, which Fresno Lexus ran on 05/30/2015 and came back at a score of "765"), him delivering the car to me personally, (He will reimburse mileage driven from L.A. to Fresno) going over the terms and contract signing in person, and then I will issue him the $2,500.

So what would y'all do? I need some advice on whether or not to move forward with the auto broker or not. I would move forward with Fresno Lexus, but I don't want to risk going over the 7,500 miles per year and paying 0.25 cents at the end of whatever I go over. (That's driving a mere 20 miles a day! ) For just $20 more, the broker is giving me an extra 2,500 miles per year.

Here's the mathematical breakdown:

Auto Broker: $20 extra x 24 months (10k miles a year)= $480.

Fresno Lexus: 0.25 penalty charge x 2,500 miles (7,500 miles - 10k)= $1,250.

Savings with extra mileage of 2,500 per year with Broker vs. Dealer: $1,250-$480= $770 x 24 months = Grand total of $1,540.

I would rather have the extra Broker's 2,500 miles per year for $20 more a month at a 10K mile a year term for $480 extra over the 24 month term with a piece of mind rather than being pressured with 7,500K miles a year with the dealerships terms and hope I won't go over that!

I need your opinions! Thank you!

Last edited by radcoupe; 05-31-15 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-31-15, 09:32 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

My buddy is a broker as well and got me a similar deal from Keyes Lexus. It's an F-Sport model with all of the options, 10k miles a year, 24 months, $449 a month, $2500 down (including first month as well as all taxes and fees) and delivered to my door at no extra cost.

My local dealer didn't even come close..
Old 05-31-15, 10:39 PM
radcoupe
Driver

Originally Posted by FR500GT
My buddy is a broker as well and got me a similar deal from Keyes Lexus. It's an F-Sport model with all of the options, 10k miles a year, 24 months, $449 a month, $2500 down (including first month as well as all taxes and fees) and delivered to my door at no extra cost.

My local dealer didn't even come close..
That's relieving to find out! I'm just trying to gather up information on experiences with auto broker's. It seems like I am getting a good steal on the monthly then at $399 for 24 months/10k a year! I just want to make sure there's nothing hidden behind the scenes somewhere. Feel a bit relieved you had a positive experience with your Broker's deal.

Tell me about it. While I don't prefer it, I don't like dealing with dealerships. Seems like the consumer never can win or get what he wants in the end.

Last edited by radcoupe; 05-31-15 at 10:42 PM.
Old 06-01-15, 03:15 PM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go to Fresno and tell them you need at least 10k miles per year and if they can keep the same price that you will purchase from them.

Plus Fresno is charging you $500 more in down payment (is that out the door or still excludes fees and registration, etc..?) so I'd mention that too.

Definitely doesn't hurt to ask.
Old 06-01-15, 06:55 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Is it an open or closed end lease?
Old 06-01-15, 09:08 PM
radcoupe
Driver

Fresno Lexus is very tight and feels like won't budge on anything. That was what I was planning on asking for. I need 10,000 miles at least a year. That I know for a fact I will not go over. It feels like Fresno Lexus told me the nice way that we're waiting for approval. The Rep just handed me his card LOL. I already submitted my docs to yhe auto broker and attached tge credit report Fresno Lexus ran on the 30th. We'll see! I'll keep you posted. That $3,000 down (extra $500) is included everything, yes.
Old 06-01-15, 09:16 PM
radcoupe
Driver

Originally Posted by MKenM
Is it an open or closed end lease?
MKenM,

I have no idea???? What do they mean, which one is better over the other, and what are the major differences of open vs closed. Neither Fresno Lexus mentioned it was open or closed nor did the Auto Broker mention if it was open or closed.

P.s. This is my first time leasing a vehicle. Just thought I'd give this option a shot. I prefer driving newer car's every so often. Any tips on what to make sure on leases are more than welcome? Suggestions...
Old 06-02-15, 09:42 AM
rfx45
Lexus Test Driver

Open-end lease means any change in the cars value will have to be paid by the lessee (you) like if the residual value of the car is actually lower than expected from when you leased your vehicle. In a close-end lease the terms are fixed and all are based on the expected residual value upon the purchase time and any change in value will be the problem of the lessor (dealer) like if the car gets into an accident and depreciated greatly in value, then you won't have to worry about the difference.

It's more complicated than that but that is the jist of it, open-end is more risky for sure. Definitely double check but I haven't seen many open-end lease outside of commercial business leased vehicles.

I'd also suggest googling it and read up further on it or asked your broker to explain it further to you.
Old 06-02-15, 11:04 AM
elusive
Lead Lap

I believe Lexus only offers closed-end leases.
Old 06-02-15, 09:06 PM
radcoupe
Driver

Originally Posted by rfx45
Open-end lease means any change in the cars value will have to be paid by the lessee (you) like if the residual value of the car is actually lower than expected from when you leased your vehicle. In a close-end lease the terms are fixed and all are based on the expected residual value upon the purchase time and any change in value will be the problem of the lessor (dealer) like if the car gets into an accident and depreciated greatly in value, then you won't have to worry about the difference.

It's more complicated than that but that is the jist of it, open-end is more risky for sure. Definitely double check but I haven't seen many open-end lease outside of commercial business leased vehicles.

I'd also suggest googling it and read up further on it or asked your broker to explain it further to you.
I WILL DEFINITELY MAKE SURE! and ask if it's an open or closed lease. Thank you for touching on that subject.
Old 06-02-15, 09:07 PM
radcoupe
Driver

Originally Posted by elusive
I believe Lexus only offers closed-end leases.
Hopefully! It sounds better and safer for the leaser. Less of a liability after reading the differences between the two.
Old 06-02-15, 09:14 PM
radcoupe
Driver

**UPDATE**

Out of the blue, I got a call from Fresno Lexus, salesman. He told me how I feel and where I'm standing. I told him look, I can do the $3,000 down....all I want from you is to give me 10,000 miles a year, $399 a month tax included. He said that's pushing it!!!! About a half hour passed, he called and told me to make my way to the dealership! You got it, you win! Deal? I agreed!!!! So I'm going in tomorrow around 10 a.m. to seal the deal hopefully. I really hope they don't change something up last minute. If they do and don't stick to their word and I can't shake them, I'm walking out....if the final deal is what was offered over the phone....I'm going to go for it!
Old 06-03-15, 09:40 AM
elusive
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by radcoupe
**UPDATE**

Out of the blue, I got a call from Fresno Lexus, salesman. He told me how I feel and where I'm standing. I told him look, I can do the $3,000 down....all I want from you is to give me 10,000 miles a year, $399 a month tax included. He said that's pushing it!!!! About a half hour passed, he called and told me to make my way to the dealership! You got it, you win! Deal? I agreed!!!! So I'm going in tomorrow around 10 a.m. to seal the deal hopefully. I really hope they don't change something up last minute. If they do and don't stick to their word and I can't shake them, I'm walking out....if the final deal is what was offered over the phone....I'm going to go for it!
Go for it! Good luck and hopefully your next post will be of your new car
Old 06-04-15, 07:38 AM
radcoupe
Driver

Originally Posted by elusive
Go for it! Good luck and hopefully your next post will be of your new car
Well, it's official! I sealed the deal. Last minute, I went with white and red interior. It just caught my eye. Very happy and satisfied. The only stickler that was not mentioned to me by my salesman and was presented last minute with the finance manager was adding the "wear and tear" insurance. It was an extra $475 to add/$20 a month extra tied into payment for 24 months. But, oh well. Better that I added it for peace of mind when inspection comes around. Coverage is good for $7,500. I thought if I didn't get this coverage, they'd stick me with petty wear and tear that would come out of my pocket after Lexus inspection. Other than that I got good terms.

Old 06-04-15, 08:29 AM
elusive
Lead Lap

Very nice, congrats! I opted for the excess wear plan as well .

Quick Reply: My 2015 Lexus RC 350 F Sport Lease Deal