Build Threads Details on Club Lexus RC owner vehicles

FR500GT's RC F-Sport Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-15, 03:28 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by AussieRC
Hey FR500GT - any more sound clips available?
I know I know, I need to take a couple more videos

Originally Posted by Chameech21
What Spacers did you use?
I looked for H&R but they dont seem to make them for our car
B2autodesigns
Old 08-26-15, 01:53 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

so I am considering ordering a spoiler too haha and my car is a lease also. Should I get the spoiler in the car's color (nebula pearl) or just get obsidian lol..
Old 08-26-15, 03:34 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by SRC350F
so I am considering ordering a spoiler too haha and my car is a lease also. Should I get the spoiler in the car's color (nebula pearl) or just get obsidian lol..
It's a personal preference but I would say go with the color of the car.
Old 08-26-15, 03:55 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Are you planning to remove the spoiler at the end of the lease or just turn it in as is?
Old 08-28-15, 04:39 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Just turn it in with it
Old 10-09-15, 09:48 PM
AussieRC
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FR500GT
RSR springs and wheels spacers installed

So I finally had the time to get my RSR springs installed as well as some hubcentric 15mm spacers in the front and 20mm spacers in the rear. The car sits about 1.5" lower and the front is now level with the rear. As far as the ride goes, it's slightly more firm than stock but a lot less body roll and the car feels more planted. I normally drive in Sport + mode everywhere and I can hardly tell a difference. I'm used to having expensive fully adjustable coilovers but so far I am pleasantly surprised with the ride quality. The car goes back in this week for a good alignment!
FR500 - couple of questions if you have time.

Any issues with fitting the spacers? Did you use an anti seize product on the back of the spacer before fitting?

Re the new springs - does the adaptive suspension of the FSport still work with the lowered setup? Is it just the case that adaptive settings (Normal, Sport, Sport+) are just 'firmer' than before you fitted the RSR springs? Am looking at fitting these so would appreciate any feedback before pulling the trigger!

Thks
Old 10-10-15, 09:38 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

FR500 - couple of questions if you have time.

Any issues with fitting the spacers? Did you use an anti seize product on the back of the spacer before fitting?

Re the new springs - does the adaptive suspension of the FSport still work with the lowered setup? Is it just the case that adaptive settings (Normal, Sport, Sport+) are just 'firmer' than before you fitted the RSR springs? Am looking at fitting these so would appreciate any feedback before pulling the trigger!

Thks
The spacers bolted right on and I did not use any anti seize.

The adaptive suspension still works just fine since the shocks/struts were not changed. As far as the ride feel goes between the different settings, I could not tell you since I always drive my car in Sport +. Overall the ride is firmer than stock but it was not a dramatic change, just a better controlled feel.

Hope this helps!
Old 10-10-15, 02:15 PM
AussieRC
Rookie

The spacers bolted right on and I did not use any anti seize.

The adaptive suspension still works just fine since the shocks/struts were not changed. As far as the ride feel goes between the different settings, I could not tell you since I always drive my car in Sport +. Overall the ride is firmer than stock but it was not a dramatic change, just a better controlled feel.

Hope this helps!
Cheers mate
Old 10-14-15, 05:03 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Just went in for my first 5,000 mile service. Everything is 100%. I was a little hesitant dropping it off with the springs and exhaust installed but they never said anything about it. Actually, the valet and service manager told me how badass it sounded coming in! lol

Just an FYI for some of you guys with aftermarket parts that are coming up on your service checks!
Old 10-15-15, 04:54 PM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

Apexi Throttle Controller installed

My buddy rmsimmonsj was having his Apexi exhaust system installed last week and recommended this product to me after having one on his former RC F-Sport and now current RCF.

I was hesitant at first but glad I purchased one. The install is pretty straight forward and should take you about 15 minutes to an hour depending on how big your hands are and where you mount the control switch.

Find the connector at the top of your gas pedal:

Name:  RC%2044_zpslbgcuue2.jpg
Views: 1809
Size:  31.1 KB

Disconnecting this connector was the hardest part due to its awkward location under the dash:

Name:  RC%2042_zpsqjixxim6.jpg
Views: 1818
Size:  29.2 KB

I pulled off the side panel and routed the wire through the dash. I also unclipped one of the empty spots next to the BSM button and replaced it with the Apexi control switch for a nice clean factory look:

Name:  RC%2041_zpsdqvcylwr.jpg
Views: 1850
Size:  24.6 KB

I'm still messing around with the 7 different functions but the only mode that I like (and the reason why I purchased it) is the red Hi Throttle mode. Overall I am pretty happy with this mod. It really woke the car up in the lower gears and the throttle response is MUCH quicker.

Last edited by FR500GT; 10-15-15 at 05:02 PM.
Old 10-15-15, 06:36 PM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Great setup the car is coming along. I'm just about to start some of my mods, so your thread has been inspirational to say the least.

What'd the Apexi Throttle Controller run you if you don't mind me asking -- and -- glad to hear that it wakes the car up!
Old 10-15-15, 08:59 PM
AussieRC
Rookie

FR500 - how is the Apexi different to the drive mode select function in the RC? Aren't they similar? eg if you pick the agressive mode on the Apexi is this not similar to Sport+?
Old 10-16-15, 10:36 AM
FR500GT
Lead Lap

FR500 - how is the Apexi different to the drive mode select function in the RC? Aren't they similar? eg if you pick the agressive mode on the Apexi is this not similar to Sport+?
I was thinking the same thing at first. Almost as if the controller would just "dumb" down the factory settings and then at Hi Throttle (red) mode it would be back at 100%. But it's not.

The throttle controller makes the gas pedal A LOT more responsive even if it's already in Sport + mode. Some people might not like it like that but most people that like a drivers car will. It just makes the car feel more alive. One way to prove how it works is by pressing the Apexi button through all 7 modes as you slowly accelerate up to speed. You can literally feel and hear the car pull a little more each time as you get to the final Hi Throttle (red) mode. I just leave it in red mode at all times.

This does not add any additional HP to the car since it is not a tuner but it will make the car "feel" faster because it eliminates the delay of the factory throttle response. IMO this the best and probably cheapest option since our ECU's cant be tuned. Hope this helps!
Old 10-16-15, 11:23 AM
ModInJapan
Lexus Enthusiasts

Received 271 Likes on 173 Posts

I was thinking the same thing at first. Almost as if the controller would just "dumb" down the factory settings and then at Hi Throttle (red) mode it would be back at 100%. But it's not.

The throttle controller makes the gas pedal A LOT more responsive even if it's already in Sport + mode. Some people might not like it like that but most people that like a drivers car will. It just makes the car feel more alive. One way to prove how it works is by pressing the Apexi button through all 7 modes as you slowly accelerate up to speed. You can literally feel and hear the car pull a little more each time as you get to the final Hi Throttle (red) mode. I just leave it in red mode at all times.

This does not add any additional HP to the car since it is not a tuner but it will make the car "feel" faster because it eliminates the delay of the factory throttle response. IMO this the best and probably cheapest option since our ECU's cant be tuned. Hope this helps!
Great description of what the product does!

Disclaimer: Does NOT gain horsepower, but it does feel like it when the unit is flashing red

Great mod for a great price!

-Josh (jlee@modinjapan.com)
Old 10-16-15, 04:46 PM
AussieRC
Rookie

Thks FR500 - good description about how it feels to the driver.

Last edited by AussieRC; 10-20-15 at 04:14 AM.

Quick Reply: FR500GT's RC F-Sport Build Thread