Search this Thread

Old 06-12-16, 03:43 PM
kymbakitty
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hardly...

Originally Posted by Canesguy
Like, "darn, they're on to us".
You give them way too much credit. The only people that really understand just how screwed up this feature is are the folks that own/lease them.
Old 06-12-16, 07:21 PM
ALE81
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One interesting thing I've noticed about the ventilated seats in my RC. When I have a Dri-Fit type shirt or any shirt made of wicking type material I feel the ventilation blowing just fine. However if I wear a cotton shirt I don't feel anything blowing against my back. May just be my vehicle but I'd thought I'd mention it,,,though I'm not implying all of us wear Dri-Fit shirts all the time)
Old 06-13-16, 06:00 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default You are one of the lucky ones!

Originally Posted by ALE81
One interesting thing I've noticed about the ventilated seats in my RC. When I have a Dri-Fit type shirt or any shirt made of wicking type material I feel the ventilation blowing just fine. However if I wear a cotton shirt I don't feel anything blowing against my back. May just be my vehicle but I'd thought I'd mention it,,,though I'm not implying all of us wear Dri-Fit shirts all the time)
Consider yourself fortunate that you don't have the cooling seat issue. Trust me, you would know if you had HOT air coming out. It is very different than not feeling the cold air. It is literally hot air blowing out and it is so hot, that you really need to turn it off. It's crazy....and it is actually hard to believe unless you have experienced it. That's why I think most Lexus reps roll their eyes at us because they assume we don't know how our cooling seats are supposed to work.

I keep on reminding myself....it's a 1st world problem.

Old 06-15-16, 03:51 AM
leebo19633
Driver School Candidate

Default 1st world problem

It's a "first world problem" is my favorite line spoken on this forum. When you think about people spending time nitpicking their $50K car it does make you realize that you have to add some perspective.

Having said all that when you buy a $50K car you have a completely realistic expectation that everything should work as advertised. We all work hard for our money and i'ts incumbent on Lexus to live up to their quality reputation and fix these things.
Old 06-26-16, 05:40 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

I have a RC F and I also have the problem. It's totally random and it's certainly not ambient air. The heating elements are definitely turning on when they aren't supposed to. (or something is overheating/shorting out)

It doesn't matter if I park in the sun or the shade. I also always start my car with the remote 5-8 minutes before I leave work and sometimes the seat back is still hot even when it's ice cold in my car. I drive exclusively in Sport+ mode as well.

I have never used the heated seats feature so it is never turned on. The A/C is always on and so are the ventilated seats.

I wonder if there's a fuse just for the heated seats that can be pulled which will not disable the ventilated seats? If it's the heating elements then perhaps this would provide a temporary fix. I'm going to look into this...
Old 06-28-16, 04:49 PM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'm picking up my 2016 this weekend. Will have to see if I have this problem lol.

I imagine a fix would involve new seats which they would never do.
Old 06-28-16, 05:31 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Fix would be to install an aftermarket fan within your seats T.T someone on the F group on facebook did so and has received great results.
Old 06-28-16, 10:07 PM
ZeroG
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm somewhat reluctant to comment as I feel bad for everyone who has run into this problem. I ran through every scenario posted here and simply cannot replicate the problem. Not only do the seats cool "properly" with no separate warm zones, I cannot move past the mid-range selection (number 2 of the 3 cool modes) as it is literally too cold. It definitely sounds like more than a few of you have a defect of some sort. I hope Lexus fixes this. When it works, it's definitely a comfortable feeling as seems to envelop the driver in cool blanket (again, my experience).
BTW, mine is AWD F-Sport acquired Feb 2015, if that matters.

Zero G
Old 06-29-16, 12:51 PM
MattRC
Driver School Candidate

Mine heat up as well
Old 06-29-16, 01:03 PM
Kevin350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I too now have experience this problem, just righ on time for summer too. My butt cool but my back is roasting...
Old 06-30-16, 04:51 AM
leebo19633
Driver School Candidate

Default Another Victim

I have had my RC 350 for 7 months and never experienced this before until yesterday. I did a test on the passenger seat and 10 seconds after turning on the seat ventilation the upper back portion by the shoulder blades heated up like it was a hot plate.

Turn the fan off and it cools down and turn it back on and the thing literally heats up like a toaster oven. I am bringing it in next week.
Old 06-30-16, 07:34 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by leebo19633
"..........The thing literally heats up like a toaster oven. I am bringing it in next week."

Good luck with that. They are literally in denial about the problem.
Old 06-30-16, 07:36 AM
leebo19633
Driver School Candidate

What is frustrating me is that it was heating up like a hot plate last night, but this morning I couldn't replicate the problem on either seat on my way to work. Is your issue Intermittent or all the time?
Old 06-30-16, 12:56 PM
Davew77
Lead Lap

Received 59 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Canesguy
Good luck with that. They are literally in denial about the problem.
That's why I haven't even contacted Lexus about this issue yet. I followed the advice given below and filed a complaint. I avoid playing games whenever possible. I have better things to do with my time. If it never gets fixed then this will be my last Lexus/Toyota. I didn't pay what I paid to have things not work and not be fixed.

Originally Posted by Radical350
Let Lexus know that there is an issue Here: File a complaint

Old 07-02-16, 12:12 PM
Megafast13
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just to let you guys know my 2016 has no issues at all.

Quick Reply: Ventilated Seat