RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Ventilated Seat

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-15, 10:12 PM
radcoupe
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This about sums it all up.....There is indeed a noticeable difference in temps. Thanks GearHeadPeter-CarGuy!

https://youtu.be/7k5qOB_NE2o
Old 09-20-15, 08:40 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by radcoupe
This about sums it all up.....There is indeed a noticeable difference in temps. Thanks GearHeadPeter-CarGuy!

https://youtu.be/7k5qOB_NE2o
No problem. To embed a YouTube video just take out the "s" in https.

Old 09-20-15, 09:36 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

No surprise to me, I have heard nothing from the Service Mngr. I emailed a link to for this thread.
Old 09-20-15, 05:08 PM
radcoupe
Driver

My bad....
Old 09-22-15, 12:12 AM
Nightcrawl
Driver

I have the Australian spec car. I have done extensive testing (as far as possible, considering it's not summer yet) and I haven't been able to replicate this problem at all. The car was built in 03/2015.
Old 09-24-15, 11:27 AM
santip77
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just came back from the dealership. They have no clue what is causing this issue and they told me that they are going to create a ticket with Lexus. The manager seemed puzzled and the tech guy said that they don't have a ton of experience with these seats because the RC is a new model. They asked me for the link to the video depicting the problem, so at least now they are aware of it. I'm not very optimistic about having this issue resolved any time soon.
Old 09-25-15, 10:21 AM
leebo19633
Driver School Candidate

RC 350 F Sport build date 7/15 and I don't have the issue. Having said that there is very little airflow from the ventilated seats with regards to the back portion. The seat portion blows like crazy, but flow on the back is very minimal.
Old 01-28-16, 10:38 AM
ARK07
Driver School Candidate

As I'm researching as much as I can about the RC, against BMW-Audi & others before buying, I found to be the only minor problem. Did anyone ever get a fix to this issue? It seems like there's some sort of blockage in the seat to prevent this area from cooling? Did any one see if it's possible to disconnect the seat heaters to eliminate that from being the cause?
Old 06-07-16, 02:18 PM
Jinx32
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Summer is coming, hot days ahead. Time to revive this thread. I turned the ventilated seat "on" for the empty passenger seat. That one band actually heated up in my car today. The only way to cool it off with the AC blowing was to turn the vent off. Then it cooled down to the rest of the temperature in the car. Turned it on again, it heated up again.
Old 06-12-16, 09:33 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

I know, mine does the same thing. Lexus will never admit there is an issue. I have had a few "car guys" that are familiar with this feature in other cars and they said Lexus really blew this feature. I don't care what anyone says, this was a bomb. It is not rocket science, but for whatever reason, they just didn't get it right. Not in all of these cars anyway. I've lived many years without cooled seats....I just pretend I still don't have this feature (because I don't).

I remember seeing a review of this car in a magazine and they reported, "the cooling/heating features do not work as intended." Nice way of saying THE COOLING FEATURES EMITS HOT AIR!!!!!!!!!!!! This is about as close as they'll ever come to saying there were problems with this feature.

I received an email the other day from Lexus giving me information about the Navi and to bring the car in to have it reset. For a second I thought--yah!!!! They found a fix to my cooled seats!!!! But then I realized it was just an issue with the Navigation (which I am not having).

I just don't use the feature. And I don't let anyone else use it when I am driving someone else. It's kind of embarrassing to tell you the truth so I just tell them it isn't hooked up.
Old 06-12-16, 10:06 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Lexus service was emphatic to me saying the feature IS NOT SEAT COOLING, rather seat VENTILATION. Nice spin, huh?

BTW, had seat cooling on a past 2012 Kia Optima, which worked terrifically. That car was a little over half the price of the RC. Shame on Lexus.
Old 06-12-16, 10:20 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default Yes....strange spin....

Originally Posted by Canesguy
Lexus service was emphatic to me saying the feature IS NOT SEAT COOLING, rather seat VENTILATION. Nice spin, huh?

BTW, had seat cooling on a past 2012 Kia Optima, which worked terrifically. That car was a little over half the price of the RC. Shame on Lexus.
I don't know who looks like a bigger fool. The owner that comes in saying their seats do not cool or the Lexus rep that says it's working fine.

If this does ever get fixed or acknowledged on a grand scale, it will be at a much higher level. Very little information is filtered thru the local shops. I am all too familiar with how that works.

I think Lexus is aware of it. But it's still in the bean count stage. How many owners does this affect vs. cars that were sold (remember the Ford Pinto....even that known issue with the exploding gas tank wasn't corrected because it was cheaper to pay the death settlements to the affected families....fixing the problem would have cost much more....shame). So I'm not expecting any fixes to be offered. My guess is they have fixed the problem on newer cars but have no intention of correcting the ones that had the faulty ones.
Old 06-12-16, 10:49 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

"I don't know who looks like a bigger fool. The owner that comes in saying their seats do not cool or the Lexus rep that says it's working fine."

Easy, it's the rep., knowing what we're experiencing.
Old 06-12-16, 11:22 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default Only for the owners....

Originally Posted by Canesguy
"I don't know who looks like a bigger fool. The owner that comes in saying their seats do not cool or the Lexus rep that says it's working fine."

Easy, it's the rep., knowing what we're experiencing.
Only in our eyes my friend.

I can only imagine the conversations that have been had after we drive away.
Old 06-12-16, 03:08 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kymbakitty

I can only imagine the conversations that have been had after we drive away.
Like, "darn, they're on to us".

Quick Reply: Ventilated Seat