Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Let Lexus know that there is an issue Here: File a complaint

Old 08-31-15, 05:56 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You are not alone! As jowsleyyy has linked, the back just has a fan blowing air out, so if your car has been sitting in a warm/hot area and under a lot of sunlight it will feel warm air blowing out for a while... Use your Lexus Enform to start your car and hopefully this method will alleviate some of that heat. Another dealership said to have your A/C blow air from the front vents and the bottom vents.
Old 08-31-15, 07:06 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SRC350F
You are not alone! As jowsleyyy has linked, the back just has a fan blowing air out, so if your car has been sitting in a warm/hot area and under a lot of sunlight it will feel warm air blowing out for a while... Use your Lexus Enform to start your car and hopefully this method will alleviate some of that heat. Another dealership said to have your A/C blow air from the front vents and the bottom vents.

The "remedy" is really a crock. With a $50K+ car, this should not at all be necessary. I bet this isn't even necessary in a base Kia Soul, Versa Note, or any other econobox.

BTW, thanks for the responses.

Last edited by Canesguy; 08-31-15 at 10:24 AM.
Old 08-31-15, 07:12 AM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Canesguy
The "remedy" is really a crock. With a $50K+ car, this should not at all be necessary. I bet this isn't necessary in a base Kia Soul or other econobox.

BTW, thanks for the responses.
haha yeah... I understand :/
I mean right now even with the paddle shifters... it does not shift gears when i use it all the time -.-;;
I am in Sport+ @ 5k RPM and it wont change gears... had to lay off the gas, then change gears... ughh -.-;;
Old 08-31-15, 09:45 AM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Noticed my back is sweaty........................ This problem started in my car since I read about it..........................
Sorry to hear about that. guess you should not have read the post to start off. Everything would still be fine. LOL
Old 08-31-15, 10:21 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by MKenM
Sorry to hear about that. guess you should not have read the post to start off. Everything would still be fine. LOL
Well, I live in the sun-belt, and a hot sweaty back is not acceptable. This is especially so owing to the fact that I have after-market window tint on an expensive ride.
Old 08-31-15, 11:08 AM
Maikerusan
Advanced

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts

Well, I live in the sun-belt, and a hot sweaty back is not acceptable. This is especially so owing to the fact that I have after-market window tint on an expensive ride.
Clubman Talc is your friend

http://www.clubmanonline.com/clubman-talc-9-oz.html
Old 08-31-15, 04:10 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Maikerusan
That's fine for sitting out in my yard wearing my undershirt, not fine in my $53k car .
Old 09-02-15, 05:45 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Car goes in for a "remedy" tomorrow. I have no false expectations that a solutIon will be found, but I'll pass along my experience.
Old 09-03-15, 07:46 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Service dept.'s response - works as it's supposed to. They admit the seat back does get warm, attributing it to sucking warm air up from the bottom of the seat. As someone else remarked, they recommended cooling the car off with its a/c before the seat will no longer feel warm but no explanation for why I've noted that it is still warm after a far amount of time when the cabin is already cool. Only response is Lexus dropped the ball with poor design. In fact, they were actually somewhat patronizing with their attitude. My service advisor even admitted that he has the same problem with his GS.

Soooo.....on this problem, we're $h*t outta luck.

Last edited by Canesguy; 09-03-15 at 07:51 PM.
Old 09-03-15, 08:11 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

The heating elements are turning on, it happens in all climates. Not hot air dispersal from a hot interior temp. Just to difficult to replicate and isolate. Living with it daily!
Old 09-03-15, 08:38 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Radical350
The heating elements are turning on, it happens in all climates. Not hot air dispersal from a hot interior temp. Just to difficult to replicate and isolate. Living with it daily!
Don't know if this is what you mean, but the service rep. told me there are no heating elements in the back of the seat.
Old 09-04-15, 05:25 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Don't know if this is what you mean, but the service rep. told me there are no heating elements in the back of the seat.
There are heating elements in the back of the seat as I used them all last winter for my back, and I can tell you it gets pretty warm when you turn them on. Your service rep is missing some info on how the seat works.
Old 09-04-15, 09:06 PM
santip77
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I noticed a big difference in temperature between eco-mode and normal or sport mode. As soon as I changed the car from eco to sport mode, the seats got much cooler. I wonder if that will have anything to do with this issue.

Quick Reply: Ventilated Seat