RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

A very sad day

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-15, 02:23 AM
pvo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nobody was in my car but my kids are sad too, especially my son. He keeps asking if we will be able to get the car fixed.

We'll get the car fixed first and will see how it is. Hopefully I don't have to trade it in for another one but if I have to, maybe it's time to step up to RCF
Old 04-30-15, 05:38 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So sorry to see that happen to your USB 2.0 RC F Sport. In the process of buying my USB RC the manager I deal with at my dealership tried to talk me out of the USB colour do to if this car has to get painted for what ever reason colour match is going to be very hard.

Let us know how it works out for you and from my family to yours I am glad everyone is OK.

Last edited by 2SAVVY; 04-30-15 at 11:19 AM.
Old 04-30-15, 08:10 AM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

Maybe try a Lexus Certified Collision Center for the intricate USB 2.0. They most likely have all the training to bring back the color to its original state. A lot of them are approved for the LFA, so they would probably do a great job. Too bad they don't have many locations.

https://www.lccc-online.com/owners/c...on_centers.php
Old 04-30-15, 10:38 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

What I don't understand is how is this person still walking around. I guess the old saying is still valid "You can't fix Stupid" Good luck with the repair. When we go to Boston I'll remember to stay away from Schools, and shopping centers for sure.
Old 04-30-15, 04:21 PM
allgoodman
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't imagine that drop in the gut accompanying the sound. Sorry man.
Old 04-30-15, 05:00 PM
pvo
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by allgoodman
Can't imagine that drop in the gut accompanying the sound. Sorry man.
Yeah, it's a feeling I hope nobody has to experience it. My car is in my garage now and every time I see it, I have this similar feeling, certainly not the same feeling as I experienced the other day but it still hurts man.

Balise Lexus is in Mass and it is one of Lexus Certified Collision Centers but it's 2 hours away. I did send a message to them to see if they have any loaner or service to pick up my car. I don't feel safe driving that car that far with the damage. Everything has been reported and the appraisal will be done on Monday. We'll see what happens...
Old 04-30-15, 05:57 PM
Sim
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ugh this hurts me so bad! Sorry brotha, she'll be back as good as new in no time
Old 04-30-15, 06:22 PM
MKenM
Advanced

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Sorry to see what happened but rest assured that the RC series of cars are to new for a shop to find aftermarket body parts yet. Second when you find a shop insist on new parts only and ask to see that they are Toyota parts. Considering the car is new that should not be a problem. I assume the other guys insurance company is paying the bill.

As far as a paint match is concerned there will be not problem with a match. If the car were a couple of years old that might be a different story. Normally if he match is not dead on they will blend from one panel to the next. You will never know BUT be aware that this repair will more than likely end up on CarFax. Just an FYI.
Old 05-01-15, 08:24 AM
Darkside81
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree that the USB 2.0 color will be very hard to match unless you have it repaired by a Lexus Certified repair shop which are usually at the larger Lexus Dealerships. Since your car is brand new I would suggest you request painted by the factory parts. I did this with an Infiniti dealer once and was very satisfied. If that is'nt an option here I would go with your gut and upgrade to the RCF. You won't be disappointed.
Old 05-01-15, 01:51 PM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Ouch...really sorry that happened. Agree with using a Lexus recommended body shop. Since the car is new, the color match should be good. Similar thing happened to me in the past when I had a new body style Mercedes, then only 8 weeks old. The subsequent result was great, and you couldn't even tell.
Old 05-04-15, 01:25 AM
OneOfOne
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by donaldp
Here is the reality of what you're facing. The paint from Lexus is the highest quality production paint in the business. There is no body shop that will ever be able to replicate the phenomenal quality of the original paint. If you are at all like me regarding my meticulous nature about my cars, you will not be able to live with any repair work. Were I you, I would sell it immediately no matter how much of a loss I would take. It will never be the same.
Just look at the deep lustre in your blue 2.0 today and then look at the repaired parts and you will see what I mean.
No one could convince me otherwise. Sell it.
don't listen to this guy. I had my 06 matador red IS repaired after a front end collision. they did a fantastic job matching the paint and even replaced the clear bra perfectly. you couldn't tell the difference if you tried. Lexus sure couldn't when I turned it in after the lease was up. autowerks is the shop I used and I highly recommend them. they'd done a fabulous job on my LS 430 which was rear ended 2 weeks before I traded it on the IS. I'm pretty sure the dealer could have seen the difference if it was sub standard.
Old 05-04-15, 06:22 AM
FastTags
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Peope are just stupid
!
Originally Posted by pvo
There was another parking space in front of my car so I guess she tried to park but I don't why or how she was getting so close and hit my car that hard. I was only a few feet away from my car but I didn't look at my car at that time. I heard a noise and I knew something happened to my car but didn't know it was that bad
Old 05-04-15, 07:41 AM
KOOLFELLA
Advanced

Received 110 Likes on 53 Posts

1st off let me give you my condolences, & give you all the credit in the world.... Cuz living in MA as well i do understand the pains of driving a nice vehicle on these mean streets & if my GS F-Sport which is only a week old were to be in that situation..... MAN....

With that said I would take it back to the dealer Herb Chambers has a good body shop the only draw back is it might take a well or so longer that the average body shop only because of the volume of cars they fix....

Good luck my friend & glad no one was injured....
Old 05-15-15, 11:45 PM
donaldp
Driver

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Please post close-up hi-res pics of the repainted parts after your repair as well as the same type of pics of factory painted surfaces for comparison.
Old 05-16-15, 02:55 AM
pvo
Lead Lap

I will try to. The car is at the body shop now. Hope to get it by the end of next week.

Quick Reply: A very sad day