RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-15, 10:53 PM
dichoi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilovers

I've been looking around for possible coilover options for the RC. Are there any others available aside from BC? And can we fit any coils designed for the gs350? Thanks in advance for the help!
Old 04-16-15, 12:27 AM
vxlyf3
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dichoi
I've been looking around for possible coilover options for the RC. Are there any others available aside from BC? And can we fit any coils designed for the gs350? Thanks in advance for the help!
Theres rsr coilovers
Old 04-16-15, 08:41 AM
dichoi
Driver School Candidate

I was hoping for some better coilovers. Something along the lines of kw v3 or similar spec and quality. But thanks for the suggestion
Old 04-16-15, 09:34 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

I was hoping for some better coilovers. Something along the lines of kw v3 or similar spec and quality. But thanks for the suggestion
The RSR Coilovers are top notch. Not on the level of Öhlins or Penske, but definitely up there with KW. The RSR Coilovers are amazing for Daily Drivers and people who do occasional track days (or AutoX). They utilize Top Mount Bushings and Bearings to reduce NHV (KW uses the factory top mounts which have the same features), Titanium linear rate springs, Monotube shocks with vehicle specific valving, and of course 32 way adjustability.

If you were a pure track driver the Twin Tube dampers offer a little more fine tuning (of which most people don't know how to use/take advantage of). I have had both RSR and KW's. I run RSR's on my BRZ and KW's on my MR2 Turbo. Both are great, but I would pick the RSR over KW's unless it was a track car.
Old 04-16-15, 09:57 AM
FrogBreath
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

RSR is very good. Don't think they r out yet for the RC 350
Old 04-16-15, 10:07 AM
dichoi
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by STILLEN
The RSR Coilovers are top notch. Not on the level of Öhlins or Penske, but definitely up there with KW. The RSR Coilovers are amazing for Daily Drivers and people who do occasional track days (or AutoX). They utilize Top Mount Bushings and Bearings to reduce NHV (KW uses the factory top mounts which have the same features), Titanium linear rate springs, Monotube shocks with vehicle specific valving, and of course 32 way adjustability.

If you were a pure track driver the Twin Tube dampers offer a little more fine tuning (of which most people don't know how to use/take advantage of). I have had both RSR and KW's. I run RSR's on my BRZ and KW's on my MR2 Turbo. Both are great, but I would pick the RSR over KW's unless it was a track car.
That's an interesting point of view. How much are the rsr's? I'm expecting a wild price in the thousands of dollars to come with titanium springs.
Old 04-16-15, 12:10 PM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by FrogBreath
RSR is very good. Don't think they r out yet for the RC 350
They just finished the measurements and everything and their engineer is on his way back to Japan. I should have an ETA on when they will be next week.

That's an interesting point of view. How much are the rsr's? I'm expecting a wild price in the thousands of dollars to come with titanium springs.
RSR's run in the $1700-$2000 range depending on the application.
Old 04-16-15, 07:36 PM
Sim
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If Lexus doesn't hurry up with the F Sport line of lowering springs then I'm getting the RSR springs.
Old 04-16-15, 08:00 PM
dichoi
Driver School Candidate

I'm thinking there's no way the RSR's come with titanium springs at that price point.
Old 04-17-15, 10:35 AM
STILLEN
Former Sponsor

I'm thinking there's no way the RSR's come with titanium springs at that price point.
Titanium Springs aren't that crazy expensive. All the RSR Coilovers use Titanium Composite Springs.

Last edited by STILLEN; 04-17-15 at 12:33 PM.