Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RRM lexus power manager

Saw this on instagram thought you guys might be interested
Old 04-15-15, 10:11 AM
Booster
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not very interesting or exciting unless the news includes power increase numbers.
Old 04-15-15, 11:08 AM
Sherwink
Driver

Originally Posted by Booster
not very interesting or exciting unless the news includes power increase numbers.
They said there is a power increase. The dyno numbers should be out soon.
Old 04-15-15, 11:19 AM
Booster
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sherwink
They said there is a power increase. The dyno numbers should be out soon.
lol. well with an engine management system I would hope there would be a power increase. what I meant was... unless posting a thread or making an announcement on FB includes the the power increase numbers with the announcement, then it's kind of a pointless announcement for them.

also it would be interesting to find out of altering the ECU would flag the car in such a way that it could void the warranty from Lexus. Not sure if Lexus does that but I know Audi does.
Old 04-15-15, 01:38 PM
Sherwink
Driver

Originally Posted by Booster
lol. well with an engine management system I would hope there would be a power increase. what I meant was... unless posting a thread or making an announcement on FB includes the the power increase numbers with the announcement, then it's kind of a pointless announcement for them.

also it would be interesting to find out of altering the ECU would flag the car in such a way that it could void the warranty from Lexus. Not sure if Lexus does that but I know Audi does.
They said when I take the vehicle in for service all I have to do is unplug the device, when it goes in for maintenance
Old 04-15-15, 02:02 PM
Jake
Lead Lap

LOL. How many of these have been released on new Lexus models and how many of them actually work and can actually crack the ECU? I'm pretty sure a resounding 0.
Old 04-15-15, 02:22 PM
Booster
Rookie

They said when I take the vehicle in for service all I have to do is unplug the device, when it goes in for maintenance
i'll believe that when it's proven by multiple confirmations of owners in multiple locations. and if that's true, then I can't wait to see what they do with the 200t coming out, since the gains from tweaking the map on a turbo car are usually 2-3 times more rewarding than tuning an NA engine.

Originally Posted by Jake
LOL. How many of these have been released on new Lexus models and how many of them actually work and can actually crack the ECU? I'm pretty sure a resounding 0.
really? nobody can crack Lexus ECU or something? I've never owned a Lexus, only a Supra Turbo, and with those all you gotta do is open up the air flow and the car becomes Godzilla.
Old 04-16-15, 08:01 PM
dichoi
Driver School Candidate

this engine is 10 years old and no one has done anything like this yet. Kind of hard to believe that there will be any noticeable power gain from this.
Old 04-17-15, 11:18 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

It kind of looks like a throttle control system similar that I had on the Camaro, and have seen on other cars.
Old 05-13-15, 06:33 PM
JB5674
Advanced

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

No this is the real deal. It's a true piggyback with a brain ( microprocessors ) and you can manipulate your own values via software and a computer. I spoke with them at length today. They want the beta group to dyno and post their own numbers Vs internet trolls hate on their in house dyno. They have a 2015 250 and rc350 and claim no issues in either. Personally, I'm sold. I'm just waiting to hear more from the beta group.
Old 05-13-15, 07:01 PM
SigmonC
Driver School Candidate

Keep us in the loop on what they say. I'm interested in seeing what the results from this are.
Old 05-14-15, 09:15 AM
Sherwink
Driver

I just called them and the product is avaliable for purchase, the price is $699. I also asked if they had any dyno numbers avaliable so we could see the power difference. But they said that they won't publish the dyno numbers. Well have to contact the beta testers and see how the power manager performes
Old 05-14-15, 10:15 AM
Shaummy
Driver School Candidate

I just called them and the product is avaliable for purchase, the price is $699. I also asked if they had any dyno numbers avaliable so we could see the power difference. But they said that they won't publish the dyno numbers. Well have to contact the beta testers and see how the power manager performes
This alone makes me extremely skeptical. A legit company should be publishing the numbers, they are the only reason to buy the product!
Old 05-14-15, 10:35 AM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Shaummy
This alone makes me extremely skeptical. A legit company should be publishing the numbers, they are the only reason to buy the product!
I agree that they should be posting dyno numbers. I've had tunes from two companies on the Camaro, and each posted what you can expect, and if you had additional mods like a CAI and Cat back exhaust the number was larger.
Old 05-14-15, 11:47 AM
Sherwink
Driver

I am trying to find out who is beta testing this product. To see if it actually works or not

Quick Reply: RRM lexus power manager