RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

C & D Brutal on RC350 F Sport Comparo

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-15, 08:09 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

C&D has never given Lexus much respect. Sometimes they throw a bone but I don't really care what they have to say. Lexus is #1 in resale, safety and reliability. The RC gives me the look and feel I require. I'm good.
Old 04-06-15, 08:21 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
C&D has never given Lexus much respect. Sometimes they throw a bone but I don't really care what they have to say. Lexus is #1 in resale, safety and reliability. The RC gives me the look and feel I require. I'm good.
That's all that matters. I loved my GS F Sport.
Old 04-06-15, 08:29 PM
rudyH
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whether they say a particular car is good or bad, C&D, all the car mags for that matter, carry no weight with me. I know some people like different mags or reviewers, but not me. I've liked a lot of cars they've panned, and bought a few they raved about that were awful. Cars are very personal obviously. I drove an RC and thought it was great. I have pretty high standards too. Are they right about Lexus in general? I could be "fair" and say maybe, but the reality is...I say no. The Youtube reviewers are as bad or worse. I decide what car to buy. Sites like this with real world owners are much better for info that some twit driving the car for a week and telling me how slow the RX is through the slalom or whatever.
Old 04-08-15, 12:17 PM
Thesil
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who cares about C&D

Originally Posted by toyotatom
How can a car this nice score so bad against the Cadillac ATS and S5 Audi. C & D Didn't like anything about it, power, Interior, or handling. Is C & D always this anti Lexus. No link to post too new of an article I guess.
After reading all of the comments re: car and driver, I have to say: who cars what CD thinks. Do you really care if your car is 0.3 seconds slower than another from zero to sixty or how fast it can brake? I cancelled my subscription years ago because I found it not credible relating to how we drive and enjoy our cars. It's all about how YOU like it; not some sophomoric reporter. CD has never persuaded or dissuaded me from my car purchase. I think we put too much value on what they say
Old 04-08-15, 01:14 PM
rudyH
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Thesil
After reading all of the comments re: car and driver, I have to say: who cars what CD thinks. Do you really care if your car is 0.3 seconds slower than another from zero to sixty or how fast it can brake? I cancelled my subscription years ago because I found it not credible relating to how we drive and enjoy our cars. It's all about how YOU like it; not some sophomoric reporter. CD has never persuaded or dissuaded me from my car purchase. I think we put too much value on what they say
All the car mags have endorsed so many horrible cars they would take years to count. Their opinion is no better than ours. Not one bit. Their pompous about it too if you ever read or listen to them. They were exciting when I was under 17 years old because I could fantasize about all the different cars so far out of my reach. Now? I laugh at them. Sure....no payolla going on in the car mag business. Nope. It's all so honest! Tell me again about how slow the RX is around a race track or through the slaloms. Such useful information!
Old 06-20-15, 07:38 AM
two2tone
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is have to agree with C&D. At this price range, the weight and performance is laughable.
Old 06-21-15, 09:35 AM
iceweasel
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by two2tone
Is have to agree with C&D. At this price range, the weight and performance is laughable.
I have to agree. It a shame our car is a sports coupe and is heavier and slower than the is 350
Old 06-21-15, 09:56 PM
autopal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by rudyH
All the car mags have endorsed so many horrible cars they would take years to count. Their opinion is no better than ours. Not one bit. Their pompous about it too if you ever read or listen to them. They were exciting when I was under 17 years old because I could fantasize about all the different cars so far out of my reach. Now? I laugh at them. Sure....no payolla going on in the car mag business. Nope. It's all so honest! Tell me again about how slow the RX is around a race track or through the slaloms. Such useful information!
It's really funny how everybody loved C&D on these forums when they were praising the IS350, and when they placed it first in a comparison with the 335i and ATS 3.6. Now, the same C&D is being described, among other things, as 'pompous' because the RC coupe didn't win this latest comparison, and the stated short comings of the RC coupe is well known and documented. LOL! Typical fanboy behaviour
Old 06-25-15, 12:47 PM
gsintensive
Lexus Test Driver

I have no idea where RC fits in. It only looks aggressive without any performance to boot. The current engine is just outdated to compete in the segment effectively. I agree with the review and find it funny people get so defensive when CD clearly has in the past , favored the IS350.

Most competition also get a bump in the power by 2016.
Old 06-25-15, 01:10 PM
autopal
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by gsintensive
I have no idea where RC fits in. It only looks aggressive without any performance to boot. The current engine is just outdated to compete in the segment effectively. I agree with the review and find it funny people get so defensive when CD clearly has in the past , favored the IS350.

Most competition also get a bump in the power by 2016.
I agree. I am not a fan of the looks, but that is not a criticism, as looks is totally subjective. However, this car is branded as a sports sedan, and whilst it's ok, and people who buys it, don't need to apologise to anyone, this car trails the competition in the most important performance metrics, and need to lose some weight and gain some torque (turbo or supercharged 6) to be taken seriously.
I just laugh at the fanboys who try to say otherwise, and attack the magazine and journalist who points out the cars shortcomings. Really hilarious