RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Fsport

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-15, 09:45 PM
FrogBreath
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's on air suspension, man. You can set your ride height wherever you would like and it's aired out like that when its parked.
Old 04-03-15, 09:47 PM
FrogBreath
Pole Position

[QUOTE=Booster;8985335]
Originally Posted by FrogBreath

Quad exhaust looks good but that's about it. the RCs in this link look awful slammed all the way to the ground like that. and i've never understood why you wanna spend thousands on wheels and then shove 1/4 of the wheel up underneath the fender and tilt them so much that [god forbid] if you hit a bump your entire car will get annihilated.

RC looks proper with a modest drop, like with the Tanabe springs.

That's just different opinions & preferences. I'm going with air but it doesn't bother me if someone raises their car 2 inches or lowers it 5 inches. It's your car.
Old 04-03-15, 09:52 PM
Booster
Rookie

Right. I don't mean to offend anyone. But at the same time, my opinion is that I've never liked the look of a totally slammed car. I think it looks best (even while parked and stopped) with the wheels filling the arches just perfectly and the entire sidewall of the tire visible. If even half an inch of the tire is under the fender, to me that's too low.
Old 04-03-15, 09:56 PM
FrogBreath
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Booster
Right. I don't mean to offend anyone. But at the same time, my opinion is that I've never liked the look of a totally slammed car. I think it looks best (even while parked and stopped) with the wheels filling the arches just perfectly and the entire sidewall of the tire visible. If even half an inch of the tire is under the fender, to me that's too low.
For sure. That's a good look.
Old 04-04-15, 04:50 PM
Sim
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I really want Lexus to come out with a F-Sport line of lowering options. I don't want to kill my warranty. Ugh. Hurry up Lexus!
Old 04-04-15, 09:07 PM
FrogBreath
Pole Position

Lol what parts are you worried about losing warranty on if adding coils or lowering springs?
Old 04-04-15, 09:35 PM
Sim
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by FrogBreath
Lol what parts are you worried about losing warranty on if adding coils or lowering springs?
Beats me, I'm completely new to modding. I called the dealer I bought mine from and asked them if I, for example, put in some Tanabes, would it impact my warranty. And the guy said absolutely yes if I run into suspension issues. Maybe I'm being a panzy (eek lol) or maybe I just don't understand how all this stuff works. I just know that the RC definitely rides to high
Old 04-04-15, 10:02 PM
FrogBreath
Pole Position

I see. Yea always better safe than sorry. Ride is definetly too high. Hopefully they come out with a set soon.
Old 04-04-15, 10:39 PM
Booster
Rookie

Originally Posted by Sim
Beats me, I'm completely new to modding. I called the dealer I bought mine from and asked them if I, for example, put in some Tanabes, would it impact my warranty. And the guy said absolutely yes if I run into suspension issues. Maybe I'm being a panzy (eek lol) or maybe I just don't understand how all this stuff works. I just know that the RC definitely rides to high
technically speaking, yah there is the ever so slight chance that some kind of suspension issue could have been directly the result of swapping out for Tanabe Springs, but honestly what is gonna go wrong with a Lexus suspension? If Lexus wanted to be sticklers about it, they would have to find good reason that the Tanabe springs actually played a role in the defectiveness of another competent of the suspension. I just don't see it as enough of a likelihood to worry about it.

If another member here has actually encountered this issue and can speak from personal experience then please do tell all!
Old 04-05-15, 12:20 PM
RCdriver
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Google "Magnusson moss act".

If you mod suspension...suspension obviously not covered , but if your engine blows , they can't deny claim because of suspension. Just like if u mid exhaust and radio fails, the exhaust didn't cause it so they can't deny replacing redio.

Hope that explained it a little
Old 04-05-15, 01:07 PM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you go to reputable place to have springs installed, I wouldn't worry about them doing any harm to void your warranty. I had F-Sport springs and then decided to go a little lower with H&R springs on my IS250, and both sets did fine with my stock shocks. Uneven tire wear and a little scrape on the bottom here and there are the only things really to worry about. Just make sure to get your car an alignment and learn what steep drive ways and bumps to avoid, and your car will do just fine.
Old 04-05-15, 04:05 PM
Sim
Pit Crew

Thanks for all the info everyone, you all are great . Loving this community.