RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

rear spolier

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-15, 12:05 AM
Jay hall
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Default rear spolier

Hello Guys.. i Just ordered my RC350 Fsport. Ultra white with red interior. Since im in Dubai i got the one with the triple L design headlights ...

Anyways sadly here we don't get the rear spoiler. Its not there in the package or as an option. So Can you guys give me the part number so i could install on mine...

BTW i'm an old member on the 2nd gen IS forum... Selling my baby next week.

cheers and thanks in advance..
Old 04-02-15, 04:51 AM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

check out my earlier post for the part numbers. You also need a drilling template.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...r-install.html
Old 04-02-15, 06:11 AM
tfischer

Received 192 Likes on 145 Posts

It's not included in any of the "Packages," but it is a Lexus RC part. In the US, it's not even mentioned in the RC brochure, but is shown in a smaller "Accessories" brochure. I would think any dealer would be able to obtain it and install it for you. Unless you want to drill holes in the trunk lid yourself. It has been installed by some owners, as reported on this Forum, but I'm not sure I would want to do that on a new car of mine.
Old 04-02-15, 08:00 AM
Pearlrider
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Lexus of San Fran, ( Concord is the EBay I.d. ) has them listed on eBay. I picked one up from them. Comes with new springs and bolt kit. And you'll need the template to drill the holes. Anyone needing that template to drill the holes just give me a shout and I'll work something out.
Old 04-02-15, 02:32 PM
Jay hall
Pit Crew

Hey guys... Thanks for the input.

@ Poqman : Thanks for the link pal.. Just one issue though, the part number you have shown is for Silver Color Spoiler. I want a Ultra White. So im guessing there is a specific part number for the color i need...will have to do my research..

@ tfischer : Yup here in the Middle East i doubt RC350 comes with the spoiler.. I did ask the dealers here and they were just dumb stunned ... lol Instead they asked me how do i know there was a part like that.. :P

@ Pearlrider: Thank you friend.. Will check Ebay for Concord... BTW is it possible for me to Glue it on without drilling... Like Tfischer said.. i dont wanna drill a brand spanking new car. it hurts. :P
Old 04-02-15, 02:48 PM
tfischer

Jay,
I had a similar reaction, as I had read the brochure pretty well to look at what options were available. I even had the accessories book, but didn't see the spoiler as that book appeared to be mostly little things like cases for the key and cargo nets, etc. and I just missed it. When we found a car for me in Chicago, that dealer said it was in the shop having a spoiler installed. This was the first day the cars were at the dealership, and I did not know a spoiler was even made by Lexus for the RC or what it looked like. Now that I have seen the cars with and without the spoiler, mostly without, I much prefer the look of the back end with the spoiler. If you can get one installed, you will surely like it.
Old 04-02-15, 05:29 PM
Poqman
Lead Lap

Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

@ Poqman : Thanks for the link pal.. Just one issue though, the part number you have shown is for Silver Color Spoiler. I want a Ultra White. So im guessing there is a specific part number for the color i need...will have to do my research..

no worries, look at rear spoiler color 083 Ultra White for 2015 Lexus RC350 part # PT29A-24150-20
Old 04-02-15, 05:54 PM
Pearlrider
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i

@ Pearlrider: Thank you friend.. Will check Ebay for Concord... BTW is it possible for me to Glue it on without drilling... Like Tfischer said.. i dont wanna drill a brand spanking new car. it hurts. :P[/QUOTE]

The spoiler has double faced tape that holds it down as well as the bolts. If you choose, you can cut off the two studs that the spoiler has and attach using the tape. I considered this a at first but then decided to drill. Hind sight. The tape is plenty enough to hold the spoiler.
Old 04-02-15, 10:36 PM
Jay hall
Pit Crew

Today (friday) is weekend here... plus its Good Friday ..so church and all... Tomorrow i shall go meet my dealer and see what can be done to order my spoiler. I think the "modbug" has stung me (lol) and i'm having ideas of molding the spoiler and making it look like a duck bill (sorta) .... hmm.. I love the rear of RCF with its active spoiler up..... so sexy

Anyways wishing y'all a HAPPY EASTER in advance.. have fun with your loved ones...
God Bless y'all
Cheers
Old 04-03-15, 03:01 AM
Jay hall
Pit Crew

Default going off topic ...

im going off topic but im falling in love with these classic rims.. TE37 SL... Saw this on instagram and just WOW.... What ya think guys..??

P.S i knw its a RCF but won't it click with our RC ?
Old 04-03-15, 06:46 AM
tfischer

I understand that spoilers can be installed with adhesive (scotch double backed tape?) and that this is sometimes done. In fact, as my spoiler was installed by an out-of-state dealer from whom we acquired the car, my service tech and I looked to see if it was installed with the bolts or with some kind of adhesive. It's really on there tight, and the plastic rivets on the underside of the trunk lid show signs of being removed, so we are pretty sure this was bolted on, which you would expect from a dealership shop.
So it's possible to attach it without the bolts - I would just check it for tightness from time to time.
Old 04-13-15, 02:11 AM
cobbyy
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where can I get the spoiler for the lowest price??