Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

New car, new part #, same spring?
Old 08-13-15, 08:11 PM
JamesEarl
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pvo
No. They checked everything again and couldn't find anything wrong. I'm actually a little surprised that other members said that it's all even on their cars. I do recall now that when I had coilovers on my LS430, I had to adjust all 4 corners quite a bit to make the corners even. If you search on the forum, you will find tons of threads about 4 corners not even when installing springs.
Did you ever figure out the issue with levels? I'm getting mine done soon and would like to give the guy a heads up. Also, what did your shop charge you? My dealer wanted over 900 for labor and that did NOT include alignment. LOL
Old 08-14-15, 02:28 AM
pvo
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JamesEarl
Did you ever figure out the issue with levels? I'm getting mine done soon and would like to give the guy a heads up. Also, what did your shop charge you? My dealer wanted over 900 for labor and that did NOT include alignment. LOL
No, it's still uneven.
I paid around $420 or so. I forgot the exact number. That includes alignment.
Old 08-14-15, 02:57 PM
Pearlrider
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JamesEarl
Did you ever figure out the issue with levels? I'm getting mine done soon and would like to give the guy a heads up.
It's the placement of the spring in the spring perch. If it is off even a little, say clocked a quarter inch from original location. It can make up to 3/4" height difference from side to side. The installer must mark the stock location and then match up to it with the replacement spring. Otherwise you have this problem. Very common with any spring swap no matter what the car is.
Old 02-16-16, 05:54 AM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Hi all, noticed on the forum some of the AWD GS's had massive vibrations with the cars after lowering. Has anyone noticed any of these symptoms -- any woes of lowering the AWD RC?

Thanks!
Old 04-18-16, 10:08 AM
lexual_rc

Received 73 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by LRCSALES
Would like to see bow many RC350 All Wheel drive owners would like a lowering package specific for the ALL WHEEL DRIVE. The car sits unevenly and is the only thing I cant.stand.about my car I wouldn't mind it so much if it were level but it's not the front in is jacked up like a Bronco and I don't see a reason why

Coil overs not cool overs smh embarrassing
I went with the Tanabe's and it sits perfectly even and rides exactly like stock. Also low enough IMO...Added this small pic but more can be found from this link:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rc-...ed-wheels.html

Name:  IMG_0502.JPG
Views: 3553
Size:  15.3 KB

Last edited by lexual_rc; 04-25-16 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-20-16, 09:19 AM
RedBullFTW
Driver School Candidate

Does anyone here have the RS-R Sports-I Coilovers? Currently looking into picking them up.

http://www.rs-r.com/product/lexus-rc...oilovers-2015/
Old 04-20-16, 11:06 AM
Meraki Autoworks
Your #1 Lexus Vendor

Received 668 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by RedBullFTW
Does anyone here have the RS-R Sports-I Coilovers? Currently looking into picking them up.

http://www.rs-r.com/product/lexus-rc...oilovers-2015/
I had a customer just buy one, he should report on them soon.

-Josh

Your #1 Dealer for Aftermarket Performance Products
Orange County, CA
Email: info@merakiautoworks.com
Text/Call: 213 394 2886
Old 04-25-16, 07:00 PM
JohnnyL102
Driver School Candidate

Friend of mine has a RC 350AWD lowered with Tanabe 170's and the front end wheel gap looks like it has closed up 2 inches or so. He said he has bottomed out a few times. I just got a set of 170's for my RC 300 AWD and will be putting them on soon. I took wheel gap measurements on every corner then the leading edge measurement of the bottom front end and will post the differences after install.
Old 04-28-16, 03:14 PM
SpeedRcr
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by JohnnyL102
Friend of mine has a RC 350AWD lowered with Tanabe 170's and the front end wheel gap looks like it has closed up 2 inches or so. He said he has bottomed out a few times. I just got a set of 170's for my RC 300 AWD and will be putting them on soon. I took wheel gap measurements on every corner then the leading edge measurement of the bottom front end and will post the differences after install.
Thanks much appreciated!
Old 04-28-16, 07:43 PM
LxsCf RCF
Rookie

Looking forward to seeing the measurements, thanks
Old 05-04-16, 03:36 PM
JohnnyL102
Driver School Candidate

Ok I had my Tanabe 210/ 170 springs installed this morning and this is what I have for measurements as of right now. Keep in mind I've only driven 20 miles so far and no alignment yet. I would expect the car to drop another 1/4 inch as they settle in. Just as the springs state. A drop of just over 1 1/2 inches on the front wheel gap and 3/4 of an inch on the rear. the bottom leading edge of the front end comes down 1 3/4 of a inch. Dead center from the side comes down 1 inch. It doesn't sound like much but the car looks much more normal. The car ride is more ridged. The steering is more crisp and responsive. Sitting in the car you can see out over the hood better now. With the oem springs from a stop the front end would lift some then move forward. Now very little lift and the car seems to more move forward a bit quicker. So my feeling is you give up some ride quality but gain a more fun to drive car. Feels more like my previous BMW's and that's not a bad thing.
Old 05-05-16, 06:37 PM
LxsCf RCF
Rookie

Ok I had my Tanabe 210/ 170 springs installed this morning and this is what I have for measurements as of right now. Keep in mind I've only driven 20 miles so far and no alignment yet. I would expect the car to drop another 1/4 inch as they settle in. Just as the springs state. A drop of just over 1 1/2 inches on the front wheel gap and 3/4 of an inch on the rear. the bottom leading edge of the front end comes down 1 3/4 of a inch. Dead center from the side comes down 1 inch. It doesn't sound like much but the car looks much more normal. The car ride is more ridged. The steering is more crisp and responsive. Sitting in the car you can see out over the hood better now. With the oem springs from a stop the front end would lift some then move forward. Now very little lift and the car seems to more move forward a bit quicker. So my feeling is you give up some ride quality but gain a more fun to drive car. Feels more like my previous BMW's and that's not a bad thing.
Thanks for the measurements, it's good information to know. I have a 350 AWD model and really need to get the lowering springs installed.
Old 05-06-16, 09:18 AM
JohnnyL102
Driver School Candidate

One other thing. The headlight aim on the wall came down 2 inches at 20 feet.
Old 05-06-16, 08:49 PM
ZeroG
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just completed my front-only drop of about 1.4" with the RS-R AWD Down Sus Springs 2015+ (#T996D)
Feels like what stock should have been... very happy with them.

ZeroG
The following users liked this post:
mistermatt (03-13-21)

Quick Reply: rc350 AWD lowering options