RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

2016 RC - Wish list

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-14, 11:06 AM
EthanV
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
My wish list is only one thing....more power. This car should be at least 350hp. Especially the F-Sport.
Agree 3.0 turbo. Im waiting would like to have it on 4.6-4.8 0-60 range.
Old 01-02-15, 03:20 PM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

3.7 liter engine...I would like to keep up with most cars for the price I am paying!
Old 01-03-15, 12:52 PM
NjDude
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do like the premium triple L led headlights along with the led turn signals. Found this on youtube. Towards the end of this review, one can clearly see the front led turn signals on the RC offered with these head lights. I hope Lexus would offer this headlights package to us in USA?

Old 01-13-15, 06:20 PM
NjDude
Pole Position

I would also like for Lexus to offer a color combination that is classy like metallic brown /cognac

exterior with Bugatti Veryron/Hermes light brown interior ...no Black....so passé....

Image from http://www.car-stock-photos.com/phot...-interior.jpeg.
Old 01-21-15, 07:29 AM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

The ONLY thing keeping me away from ordering one is the boring headlights. Hopefully the premium triple LED ones will be available on the 2016s.
Old 01-21-15, 11:40 AM
Infrared
Rookie

I love everything about my car and I feel the power is fine at 306hp. I've had faster cars, but this car is no slouch. And the engine sounds fantastic under heavy load near redline. It's not going to win any drag races, but then it weighs 4,000 lbs.

If Lexus could make the FR-S into a product in the Lexus lineup, they would have my attention (and my money) right away. How about a TRD Turbo on that 2.0 engine, some sound deadening, leather interior and Lexus Technology? Sell it for $40k (or more) and take my money already.

My single gripe is the lack of power folding mirrors. WTH?! Seems like a pretty big oversight since I have them on my 2013 Tundra.
Old 01-21-15, 12:07 PM
waynesreef
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I want the heads up display.
The following users liked this post:
and3re (05-01-17)
Old 05-09-15, 08:50 AM
NjDude
Pole Position

Also want larger screen.
Heads-up display.
350 HP.
Old 05-09-15, 01:51 PM
DorianE
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by NjDude
I believe the front led turn signals come with the premium triple led headlight that are not available for RC 350/350 F Sports in USA. I was watching a video from Australia where I saw that. It is unfortunate that Lexus is not offering this to us in USA?

I also noticed that the gas lid is push to open? I don’t think that is really secure. Why did Lexus opt for this? My 2G IS250 AWD has a button inside the car to open the gas lid cover, much more secure that way.
It is very safe, the gas door remains locked whenever the car is looked, so as long as you lock your car, no ones getting into your gas tank
Old 05-09-15, 05:04 PM
yok3dIS
Intermediate

Received 204 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by NjDude
Also want larger screen.
Heads-up display.
350 HP.
I agree on screen and HUD!
Old 05-09-15, 07:43 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

On second thought, I don't want any upgrades. They might make me feel some kinda way about mine. I hope it stays the same.
Old 05-10-15, 06:40 PM
StellaBlue
Driver School Candidate

My wish list is only one thing....more power. This car should be at least 350hp. Especially the F-Sport.
As one who has a high interest in this car but does not own one yet, the lack of power, especially in relation to the cars it is competing with, this is the number one item this car needs. Look on the BMW, Audi, and Cadillac forums, and power is always cited as a reason they wouldn't get the RC. With turbo 4-cylinders getting much more horsepower, I see that as one option. Even if Toyota doesn't want to mess with the power, alternatively, they could put the RC on a serious diet. Two cars immediately come to mind when comparing. The ATS coupe with the 2.0 is 300+ pounds lighter, gets better mpg, and is faster. Same to be said for the BMW M235, and more so, the BMW 228i. Even the 428i, its supposed direct competitor, exceeds the RC in those three things for the price. The Audi S5 is faster, better mpg, and has more practical space, for only a few thousand more. Or if you want to go even less, an S3. Now, don't get me wrong, the RC beats all those in looks and IMO, its interior. But although being Lexus' "sporty" model, it is far from a driver's car.

Oh, and also the HUD.
Old 05-11-15, 02:50 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by StellaBlue
As one who has a high interest in this car but does not own one yet, the lack of power, especially in relation to the cars it is competing with, this is the number one item this car needs. Look on the BMW, Audi, and Cadillac forums, and power is always cited as a reason they wouldn't get the RC. With turbo 4-cylinders getting much more horsepower, I see that as one option. Even if Toyota doesn't want to mess with the power, alternatively, they could put the RC on a serious diet. Two cars immediately come to mind when comparing. The ATS coupe with the 2.0 is 300+ pounds lighter, gets better mpg, and is faster. Same to be said for the BMW M235, and more so, the BMW 228i. Even the 428i, its supposed direct competitor, exceeds the RC in those three things for the price. The Audi S5 is faster, better mpg, and has more practical space, for only a few thousand more. Or if you want to go even less, an S3. Now, don't get me wrong, the RC beats all those in looks and IMO, its interior. But although being Lexus' "sporty" model, it is far from a driver's car.

Oh, and also the HUD.
Even with the deficit of power, I wouldn't choose any of those cars over the Lexus RC...or any other Lexus...except the CT200h. I'd drive an ES before any of those cars.
I tried German once and swore to never go back. I'm too busy to make frequent trips to the service dept for a car that can't solve electrical problems and will lose value quicker than a burnt out *****.
The problem with the RC is not the weight,. My old GS was faster but is also heavy. Its the gearing and tuning. But lets not get it twisted. The car is not that slow. I still get to 100 pretty easily and have no problem maintaining it.
Old 05-11-15, 03:58 PM
StellaBlue
Driver School Candidate

Even with the deficit of power, I wouldn't choose any of those cars over the Lexus RC...or any other Lexus...except the CT200h. I'd drive an ES before any of those cars.
I tried German once and swore to never go back. I'm too busy to make frequent trips to the service dept for a car that can't solve electrical problems and will lose value quicker than a burnt out *****.
The problem with the RC is not the weight,. My old GS was faster but is also heavy. Its the gearing and tuning. But lets not get it twisted. The car is not that slow. I still get to 100 pretty easily and have no problem maintaining it.
I would not argue reliability as it relates to German vs. Japanese. However, since the great minority (or possibly even a majority) of people in the luxury segment, now lease their cars, reliability is not so much an issue. I'll never forget the first time I test a drove a BMW, the dealer told me, "never own a German car out of warranty." While that may be an exaggeration, as I think ALL cars are generally more reliable, I see your point. Hopefully you'd agree with my point and others on this same thread, that Lexus should do something with its power if it truly wants to compete. If they want to rest on and focus on the luxury part and not luxury/sport, then they shouldn't make the F-sport be the "sport" model of the Lexus lineup.
Old 05-12-15, 02:28 PM
kingpuck
Driver School Candidate

I totaled my 2005 G35 Infiniti in the summer of 2013 and I loved that car, loved it. So for the last 2 years with money burning in my pocket I test drove and contemplated the G37, Audi S5, BMW 4 series (brand new last summer), even a used Porsche and nostalgic Acura NX. At the end of the day......nothing, and kingpuck means NOTHING is as gorgeous under 100k on the road today than the RC350. I live in an affluent area and people are always rubber necking or commenting after its parked. So respectfully, though some of the ideas are good,,,,,this gorgeous super model of a car does just fine the way she is.

(having said that YES....I'll probably buy the SC if Stillen makes it, lol)

Quick Reply: 2016 RC - Wish list