Atlx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump for new deals for july!
Old 07-19-16, 08:08 PM
kc96
Driver School Candidate

Just got a rc350 today. Msrp was 53,6xx. Paid 47,469. Could have gotten 46800 with an hour drive, but that dealership didn't have the color (blue) that I wanted.
Old 07-21-16, 08:25 AM
Rachierach
Driver School Candidate

Default Not sure if I am getting a good deal

I looking to purchase the RC 200 F Sport in California. Color Infrared/ black. I have been speaking with someone in Mission Viejo. MSRP $49,513. They have a deal where you buy now they will do $45,057 plus $500 cash back. I am putting down $12,000 which includes my trade in. They are also giving me 0.9% APR for 72 months. When I went back and calculated the quoted monthly payment x 12 x 6 + $12,000 = $49,656. I know the taxes and DMV are high in California, but not sure if this is a good deal or not. I have been to 3 dealerships and this is the best price so far. I am set on the color and know there aren't a ton out there. Thoughts?
Old 07-21-16, 10:15 AM
ssmoked
Lexus Champion

Received 96 Likes on 83 Posts

With some of the prices you guys pay for the rc200 and rc350, you could easily pick up a new left over 2015 Rcf for a little more monthly and a heck lot more of a car inside and out. Was at the dealer yesterday and saw a rc200 base with sticker 40k and had to add over 10k of options and still was missing half the options the Rcf had

Last edited by ssmoked; 07-21-16 at 10:21 AM.
Old 07-22-16, 06:59 PM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default Thoughts on this deal?

Trying to decide on an early buyout on my leased IS250, that is up in November. The dealer has a 2016 RC200t F Sport, sticker is around $49,500 on it and they have quoted a 36 month lease with $2,500 cash down, 12k miles per year and a payment of $507.00 per month. Does this sound like a decent deal or do you think I can do better? I feel like I might need to do something during the golden opportunity sale because there probably won't be another chance for decent deals before my lease is up.
Old 07-23-16, 12:02 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 156 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by wednesday
Trying to decide on an early buyout on my leased IS250, that is up in November. The dealer has a 2016 RC200t F Sport, sticker is around $49,500 on it and they have quoted a 36 month lease with $2,500 cash down, 12k miles per year and a payment of $507.00 per month. Does this sound like a decent deal or do you think I can do better? I feel like I might need to do something during the golden opportunity sale because there probably won't be another chance for decent deals before my lease is up.
Try your best to never lease a car based on payments. There is no way to really know what the dealer is pocketing with such deals. You have to figure your current pay-off, the selling price of the new car, the APR/money factor, factor in all incentives, and do those calculations independently. While this may be a bit complicated, it's worth it because the dealer is counting on you being overwhelmed by everything. Again, they could be making all kinds of extra profit in such a deal, and you'd never know.

One other thing... Lexus usually has a pretty consistent incentives program that runs all year long. Every few months, they will give the program a fancy name (Golden Opportunity, December to Remember, etc) in order to convince customers something out of the ordinary is taking place. But the reality is, those incentives are pretty much the same all year long with a few small exceptions. So I'd not worry there would not be good deals to be hand in November. November is a great month to lease a car due to the holidays. Most often, the "special" December to Remember offerings are available in November, it's just not advertised.
Good luck!
Old 07-23-16, 06:27 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Try your best to never lease a car based on payments. There is no way to really know what the dealer is pocketing with such deals. You have to figure your current pay-off, the selling price of the new car, the APR/money factor, factor in all incentives, and do those calculations independently. While this may be a bit complicated, it's worth it because the dealer is counting on you being overwhelmed by everything. Again, they could be making all kinds of extra profit in such a deal, and you'd never know.

One other thing... Lexus usually has a pretty consistent incentives program that runs all year long. Every few months, they will give the program a fancy name (Golden Opportunity, December to Remember, etc) in order to convince customers something out of the ordinary is taking place. But the reality is, those incentives are pretty much the same all year long with a few small exceptions. So I'd not worry there would not be good deals to be hand in November. November is a great month to lease a car due to the holidays. Most often, the "special" December to Remember offerings are available in November, it's just not advertised.
Good luck!
Thanks for the info on the incentives, that is good to know and that buys me a little time. I know they never want to show you a breakdown and I need to press for that.

Hopefully I can get that out of them, if not it might be time to find another dealer...
Old 07-23-16, 07:22 AM
wednesday
Lead Lap

Here is what I have as far as a breakdown

Sticker price $49,867 (RC200t F Sport)
Discount $5124.33
Rebate $2,007.00
Adjusted Price $42,735.67

Then the fees...
taxable fees $173.50
trade difference $42,735.67
dealer delivery fee $599.00
tax $199.40
non tax fee $952.00
net price $44,659.57

Payoff on my IS250 is $32,499.59
Money factor on the lease is .00110 which I figure to be 2.64% which I expected to be better during a sales event.

My concern is the fees added back in, I realize most charge a dealer fee (the $599) but I have no idea what the rest of the non taxable and taxable fees are.

Term is 36 months, 12k miles, $2,500 down and a payment of $507.00

Old 07-23-16, 09:12 AM
Kevin350
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^^ not a good deal on the 200t RC. Wait for holidays...
Old 07-24-16, 08:14 AM
shadow1118
Intermediate

Received 43 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DieselDan
Any new prices paid? Looking for northeast prices if possible
i may have posted this before but i paid $45.5k for my rc200t f sport black, w/ red interior w/ nav & BSM & sunroof.
Old 08-02-16, 04:12 PM
RCOwner
Driver School Candidate

Default New 2016 RC 300 F in July

New user, my first post. Thanks to everyone for all the candid info, it really helped me negotiating and now it’s time to give back. Here’s my info…

NEW 2016 RC 300 AWD COUPE (with options, including F Sport – see below)

Bought July 2016, Mid-Atlantic Region

As seen on window sticker:

MSRP $42,610

SUB-TOTAL $51,068 (i.e. $8,458 in options, including F Sport)

DELIVERY, PROCESSING AND HANDLING FEE $940

TOTAL $52,008 (bottom line on sticker, pricing was $29 less on lexus.com when using the “Build” feature)

Golden Opportunity Offer 0.9%/72mo OR $2,500; Cash Back or Financing but not both from Lexus, I took the rebate.

Dealer discount $3,570 (negotiated)

My Bottom Line Price $45,938 ($6,070 off; rebate+discount)

I got comparable financing from a local credit union, so there was no incentive to going with Lexus financing when comparing the cost over the life of the loan to the cash I got up front.

Taxes and DMV fees were what they should have been for my state as well as the “mandatory” state capped doc fee.

I
got exactly the car I wanted at my closest dealer, which wasn’t easy given I found only two cars in the entire tri-state area that matched exactly what I wanted on the lot (the closest dealer had to DX to get it, too). I got lucky. From all that I read, (all 17 pages here at the time and more on rc350forum.com), a good deal is somewhere between $5k to $6k off (not including the $1k active military rebate; those serving deserve that apart). If you’re buying last year’s model, a common configuration (varies by region, it’s whatever is commonly in stock at most of the dealers around you), or less desirable engine/wheel drive combo just to get into an RC, I think you can put in some serious hardball negotiating pitting several dealers against each other for a simple “volume sale” and score up to $7k off. For an extra $1k off on a roughly $50k purchase, it wasn’t worth it to me settling for anything I wanted in the car and so I didn’t, costing me more than the very best I think I could have gotten. That decision is entirely up to you and your pocketbook, after a few weeks of owning a new RC you’ll never look back.

P.S. Beware the back room with the financing department and all their aftermarket warez. Don’t spoil the great deal you just won! (believe me, they’ll try)
Old 08-03-16, 06:05 AM
kymbakitty
Driver

Default Similiar experience...

Originally Posted by RCOwner
New user, my first post. Thanks to everyone for all the candid info, it really helped me negotiating and now it’s time to give back. Here’s my info…

NEW 2016 RC 300 AWD COUPE (with options, including F Sport – see below)

Bought July 2016, Mid-Atlantic Region

As seen on window sticker:

MSRP $42,610

SUB-TOTAL $51,068 (i.e. $8,458 in options, including F Sport)

DELIVERY, PROCESSING AND HANDLING FEE $940

TOTAL $52,008 (bottom line on sticker, pricing was $29 less on lexus.com when using the “Build” feature)

Golden Opportunity Offer 0.9%/72mo OR $2,500; Cash Back or Financing but not both from Lexus, I took the rebate.

Dealer discount $3,570 (negotiated)

My Bottom Line Price $45,938 ($6,070 off; rebate+discount)

I got comparable financing from a local credit union, so there was no incentive to going with Lexus financing when comparing the cost over the life of the loan to the cash I got up front.

Taxes and DMV fees were what they should have been for my state as well as the “mandatory” state capped doc fee.

I
got exactly the car I wanted at my closest dealer, which wasn’t easy given I found only two cars in the entire tri-state area that matched exactly what I wanted on the lot (the closest dealer had to DX to get it, too). I got lucky. From all that I read, (all 17 pages here at the time and more on rc350forum.com), a good deal is somewhere between $5k to $6k off (not including the $1k active military rebate; those serving deserve that apart). If you’re buying last year’s model, a common configuration (varies by region, it’s whatever is commonly in stock at most of the dealers around you), or less desirable engine/wheel drive combo just to get into an RC, I think you can put in some serious hardball negotiating pitting several dealers against each other for a simple “volume sale” and score up to $7k off. For an extra $1k off on a roughly $50k purchase, it wasn’t worth it to me settling for anything I wanted in the car and so I didn’t, costing me more than the very best I think I could have gotten. That decision is entirely up to you and your pocketbook, after a few weeks of owning a new RC you’ll never look back.

P.S. Beware the back room with the financing department and all their aftermarket warez. Don’t spoil the great deal you just won! (believe me, they’ll try)
That was pretty much my experience, sans the $1,000 military (which I agree...very deserving). I got my car 11 months ago and I went in knowing that I wanted $5,500 off sticker. I didn't have quite the bargaining chip I wanted because all the dealers tried to shove the sport model down my throat, and when I did find the Infrared, all the interiors (at least in California) were black. My local dealer (literally 2 miles up the street) was sure I would take their Sport model with black interior because it was on the lot!

So I had to start working dealers in the bay area. I was able to find out that there was ONE Luxury RC in Texas with Flaxen interior with all the options. The dealer in Fremont CA pulled this off and got me the car from Texas. So we went with him. I did get $5,550 off the sticker and I was satisfied. Our sticker price was $54,236.

No financial woes or discussions....this was by far the smoothest transaction I have ever had buying a car. The exact price was already worked out via email and before I met the guy I was dealing with, we had agreed on a final price and I was already approved for their financing. They offered .9% for 36 months and I wrote a check out for over $30K and financed around $20k, and they let me put a little bit on our Visa (I would have put the entire car on the Visa if they let me for points). Easy peasy. I would have loved the rebate ($2,500), but that just wasn't on the table.

Also, I need to brush up on the RC's. I didn't even know they had a 300. :/
Old 09-04-16, 07:13 PM
Cake
Rookie

I just got an offer:

MSRP: $53,718
Selling Price: $48,346
Rebate: $2,500
+TTL

Total out the door price $50,267

Quick Reply: Price Paid for RC 350