RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Mark Levinson in RC's Allocated to the Northeast?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-14, 04:13 PM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Mark Levinson in RC's Allocated to the Northeast?

I had to special order my 2014 3IS to get ML sound, as AWD allocations to Northeast US usually came with the standard sound system.

Is it the same with the RC 350 F Sport AWD? Or, is the RC packaged so that the Northeast AWD's are frequenltly equipped with ML?
Old 11-22-14, 06:26 PM
Infrared
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck getting one with he ML sound system, I guess I don't have to tell you how great it is.

I read that the first cars to dealerships were all shipped with the most commonly requested/purchased options and packages, so I'm sure you'll find one with that option.
Old 11-23-14, 02:18 AM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CtSFox
I had to special order my 2014 3IS to get ML sound, as AWD allocations to Northeast US usually came with the standard sound system.
Curious - What was your experience with special ordering? How long did it take? Any delays/problems?

Most importantly, would you do it again?

I special ordered an RC F just over a month ago and it's still in limbo, with not a word from dealer. I'm told this is normal, and I won't know anything until car shows up: Hopefully 3-4 months from order.
Old 11-23-14, 02:43 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by NewSpace
Curious - What was your experience with special ordering? How long did it take? Any delays/problems?

Most importantly, would you do it again?

I special ordered an RC F just over a month ago and it's still in limbo, with not a word from dealer. I'm told this is normal, and I won't know anything until car shows up: Hopefully 3-4 months from order.
I ordered my 3IS last August, a few days before the orders go in for the month, about the 21st as I recall. My car arrived, as ordered, on December 12th. There were no delays or problems. Unlike BMW, Lexus does not have a mechanism for the customer to go online to track the process. However, the dealer kept me informed about the projected build week, when the car was actually produced, when it shipped, when it arrived in port, and the projected arrival date at the dealership.

I would definately do it again, if I had to in order to get the ML system in the color combination I wanted. As I mentioned in my post, the only way to get ML on an AWD vehicle in the Northeast was to special order it. I tend to keep a car at least ten years, so waiting a few months for something I would really enjoy for many years was a no brainer.
Old 11-24-14, 10:40 PM
NewSpace
Lexus Test Driver

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by CtSFox
I ordered my 3IS last August, a few days before the orders go in for the month, about the 21st as I recall. My car arrived, as ordered, on December 12th. There were no delays or problems. Unlike BMW, Lexus does not have a mechanism for the customer to go online to track the process. However, the dealer kept me informed about the projected build week, when the car was actually produced, when it shipped, when it arrived in port, and the projected arrival date at the dealership.

I would definately do it again, if I had to in order to get the ML system in the color combination I wanted. As I mentioned in my post, the only way to get ML on an AWD vehicle in the Northeast was to special order it. I tend to keep a car at least ten years, so waiting a few months for something I would really enjoy for many years was a no brainer.
Great to hear that your special order worked out so well. Thanks!