RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Where to place your cell phone?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-14, 02:28 PM
LO 21
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Where to place your cell phone?!

I went to see the RC at the dealership this weekend. Putting aside everything wonderful I think about the RC and that I'll most likely pull the trigger on an RC F at some point, WHERE THE HELL DO YOU PUT YOUR CELL PHONE WHILE DRIVING?

It may sound stupid, but that's always been a big thing for me with cars I have. A place to put my wallet and my cell phone while driving.

In my IS300, you could remove the little cup holder mechanism (or move it towards one side), and you were left with a nice-sized compartment for your wallet and phone (mechanism outlined in red could be removed)

In my IS F, there's not as much room as in the IS300, but the cup holder is big enough to hold my wallet and cell phone (even my iPhone 6 Plus, which I was afraid wouldn't fit)
Or, you could use the ash-tray section, if you remove the ash-tray itself. I don't often use that spot, but it's an option.

Old 11-18-14, 02:37 PM
JDR76
Lexus Champion

Received 1,603 Likes on 1,021 Posts

In my 3IS, which has a very similar interior setup to the RC, I put my cell phone either in the center console, in a cup holder, the door pocket, or most often, in the door handle. If I take my wallet out, it either goes in the glove box or the center console.
Old 11-18-14, 02:52 PM
LO 21
Pole Position

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JDR76
In my 3IS, which has a very similar interior setup to the RC, I put my cell phone either in the center console, in a cup holder, the door pocket, or most often, in the door handle. If I take my wallet out, it either goes in the glove box or the center console.
Yea, figured those were some options. None of which I like, unfortunately.

I forgot to mention that the iPhone 6 Plus doesn't fit in the cupholders of the RC. I forgot to check if there's a place to put the phone in the door.
Old 11-18-14, 04:30 PM
dchar
Lexus Champion

Received 223 Likes on 178 Posts

I have a GS and it has lots of places to put things, but I usually put my phone on the door pull. Easy reach at red lights and I won't forget it when I get out. Idk how many times I placed my phone in the cup holder and had to go back to the car to get it. I use a smaller type of wallet and able to fit it in that space too.
Old 11-19-14, 07:08 AM
got556
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get a cell phone holder that mounts to the CD slot. Best option I've found so far. I agree with you and this is one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to cars, where to put the damn cell phone.
Old 11-19-14, 04:31 PM
Infrared
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LO 21
Yea, figured those were some options. None of which I like, unfortunately.

I forgot to mention that the iPhone 6 Plus doesn't fit in the cupholders of the RC. I forgot to check if there's a place to put the phone in the door.
The 6 plus does fit perfectly in the cup holder! It sits in there snug and angled so you can even see it if something pops up.

Try it again, it's a perfect fit. It doesn't sit all the way into the bottom of the cup holder but it's snug and stable.
Old 10-02-15, 04:05 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

So I got tired of not having a spot to put my phone that I could easily view/use when needed so I splurged and spent wayyyy too much money on a cell phone holder. I did a lot of research before I pulled the plug and ended up going with ProClipUSA which offers the best of the best when it comes to functional cell phone holders specifically designed for each car. Total cost was $95, which is too much for what it is but I've tried 3 different "less expensive" versions that were top rated and they just failed to perform. The Kenu Airframe Plus was awesome in my last Lexus (air conditioning vent mounted) but it sucked on the RCF's air vents.

Don't mind the crappy pics.....I had to use my POS Android tablet to take pics of the phone in the cell phone mount.

Last edited by toystry; 11-07-15 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-02-15, 07:17 PM
Radical350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I made my own simple solution: See thread here
Two phone slots, wallet fits behind organizer
Before

After

See thread here
Old 10-03-15, 11:39 AM
toystry
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Radical350
I made my own simple solution: See thread here
Two phone slots, wallet fits behind organizer
Before

After

See thread here

Nice thread but I'm looking for something that's usable or viewable vice stashed away.
Old 10-04-15, 11:33 AM
Canesguy
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I keep my android phone in it's holster on my belt. My problem is that even though I have a swivel that fits on the belt, I have to swivel it to the horizontal to be able to get in the form-fitting bucket seat, a PIA. Soooo.....I'm also looking for a good place to put the phone .
Old 10-04-15, 12:07 PM
GearHead69
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I put my android (Samsung S5) in the cup holder, and it fits perfect even with a case protector.
Old 10-04-15, 05:28 PM
SRC350F
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have my phone in between the seat and the center console... the cloth is raised a bit, i can take a photo later and give a visual
Old 10-05-15, 12:42 PM
norcal-isf
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I put my wallet and iPhone 6 Plus (with a slim case) into the door handle. It's not great, but it does the job. Anyone buy a good phone car mount that works well in the RC?

Last edited by norcal-isf; 10-05-15 at 12:43 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-12-15, 08:23 PM
RSee
Rookie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Well,just put it in the center console.
Since you have a bluetooth your phone with sync in as soos as you get in the car.
Your emails,txts and calls are covered so there is no n ed to have a phone right next to you,period
Old 11-07-15, 08:06 PM
toystry
Lead Lap

I just updated my post since I've installed a new cell phone mount for my iPhone.

ProClipUSA iPhone Mount Pics

Quick Reply: Where to place your cell phone?!