ST430
Pole Position

Received 120 Likes on 67 Posts

Wow...any chance the scoops mean its FI (maybe even turbo)?!! /crossesfingers
Old 12-19-13, 03:36 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

no thats a hood vent, like what the C7 stingray has. Its not angled to suck in air
Old 12-19-13, 08:50 PM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Seriously I mean come on. This is Lexus, not a WRX. Is that hood vent necessary? If this thing ends up looking like a mess I will give up this entire brand!

No more. I already do not like any spindle-grill Lexus cars. So I'm giving them one more chance. Here's hopping they don't ****** it up.
Old 12-19-13, 09:12 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by yowps3
Seriously I mean come on. This is Lexus, not a WRX. Is that hood vent necessary? If this thing ends up looking like a mess I will give up this entire brand!

No more. I already do not like any spindle-grill Lexus cars. So I'm giving them one more chance. Here's hopping they don't ****** it up.
Lexus just can't win with some folks.

I am glad that they are pushing the boundaries. Bring it on!
Old 12-19-13, 10:23 PM
MK4Sup_isF
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's there to create more downforce according to magazine sources. I don't care really. It's not like it's a giant scoop raised from the hood like the WRX. It's just a vent that's not raised from the hood
Old 12-19-13, 11:13 PM
Nights
Pole Position

It's necessary because they're using the V8. The spy vids from the prototypes clearly showed a hood vent the videos, so it's no real suprise at all. The previous NA M3 with a V8 also had hood vents.

I think the way it is looks fine; it's not a scoop, and is pretty much flush with the hood.

I for one am glad that they're not afraid to push the boundaries a little, especially on the halo model. If you want more sedate, go with the non-F.
Old 12-20-13, 03:25 AM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you gonna have concerns about design the only real concern is how are they going to top base non F-sport trim of RC. That base/luxury trim already looks good and I cant really imagine what they can do to it without making it too F&F/NFS:U incohesive design. If they don't do a lot to it then its all gripe how they only added F-mesh and few intakes/scoops. etc.

Unless designers walk the fine line here they would end up in no win situation look wise.
Old 12-20-13, 05:42 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Nights
It's necessary because they're using the V8. The spy vids from the prototypes clearly showed a hood vent the videos, so it's no real suprise at all. The previous NA M3 with a V8 also had hood vents.

I think the way it is looks fine; it's not a scoop, and is pretty much flush with the hood.

I for one am glad that they're not afraid to push the boundaries a little, especially on the halo model. If you want more sedate, go with the non-F.
The ISF has the exact same engine without any nuisance.
Old 12-20-13, 05:44 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Vladi
If you gonna have concerns about design the only real concern is how are they going to top base non F-sport trim of RC. That base/luxury trim already looks good and I cant really imagine what they can do to it without making it too F&F/NFS:U incohesive design. If they don't do a lot to it then its all gripe how they only added F-mesh and few intakes/scoops. etc.

Unless designers walk the fine line here they would end up in no win situation look wise.
See the ISF is sporty, aggressive and raw but it still maintains an elegant aura.

Sleeper
I hope the RCF can still maintain a pleasant appearance while being aggressive and raw at the same time.

But I'm not holding my breath!

Last edited by yowps3; 12-21-13 at 01:17 AM.
Old 12-20-13, 07:11 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Awesome to see the RCF is close to be revealed.

I must say these teasers by Lexus are pretty lame.
They need to hire a new marketing firm.

This should be an EPIC launch by Lexus, instead we get 2 pics that really are boring.

Ford and BMW did amazing job with the launches of the new Mustang and M3/4.
Old 12-20-13, 07:22 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

because....downforce

Old 12-20-13, 07:43 AM
yowps3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RNM GS3
Awesome to see the RCF is close to be revealed.

I must say these teasers by Lexus are pretty lame.
They need to hire a new marketing firm.

This should be an EPIC launch by Lexus, instead we get 2 pics that really are boring.

Ford and BMW did amazing job with the launches of the new Mustang and M3/4.
Lexus used to have the best marketing strategy when they initially started.

I agree that their entire marketing scheme is very lame.
Old 12-20-13, 10:15 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ISF has the exact same engine without any nuisance.
Not really. Rumors have the RC F pegged at ~460hp...a lot more powerful than the IS F's 416hp.

I doubt Lexus is adding hood vents strictly for visual thrills, as 4tehNguyen's post shows.
Old 12-20-13, 10:40 AM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Lets not forget, what you are calling elegant in the ISF was first called boy racer with the bulging hood and the side vents. Things tend to grow on you, give it some time
Old 12-20-13, 06:05 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

RCF reveal invite as posted online by autoblog:

460HP confirmed

http://m.autoblog.com/2013/12/20/lex..._river_article

Quick Reply: Official Lexus RC thread