RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Official Lexus RC thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-13, 06:23 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by mordecai
Will the GS-F coincide with a MMC styling refresh?
I wish I had something more to share but I honestly don't and can only assume that will happen.
Old 11-16-13, 01:08 AM
TRDFantasy
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just an awesome design, I love it!!
The big styling touches, all the little details, everything looks awesome!
Those headlights are incredible, and the rear end is the 2nd BEST looking rear Lexus has EVER made, after the LFA.
The interior has lots of gorgeous touches too.

This is going to sell great, can't wait to get more details, and see the F-Sport and F versions! This is just the regular version and it already looks so aggressive!

I personally feel they made the right choice with the vertical grill slats. Horizontal slats would have made it look more plain and boring. Combined with the fact that the vertical slats have a 3 dimensional shape to them, it will look very sporting and aggressive in person.
Old 11-17-13, 04:08 AM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by G Star
This car looks wonderful but I'm still holding out for the LF-LC
LF-LC should be MIND BLOWING.
Old 11-17-13, 06:29 AM
heasyrider
Rookie

Originally Posted by asoksevil
LF-LC should be MIND BLOWING.
I wonder what the price of it will be. Hopefully not more than the LS.
Old 11-17-13, 11:01 AM
pbm317
Lead Lap

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
The rear looks a little busy with the vents. I know they are functional but...
Are they functional?? from any pictures i've seen they don't look functional. just black plastic trim on the bumper.
Old 11-17-13, 11:49 AM
Piraiba
Rookie

I think this car is absolutely stunning.
Old 11-17-13, 01:06 PM
dmvp29
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TRDFantasy
Just an awesome design, I love it!!
The big styling touches, all the little details, everything looks awesome!
Those headlights are incredible, and the rear end is the 2nd BEST looking rear Lexus has EVER made, after the LFA.
The interior has lots of gorgeous touches too.

This is going to sell great, can't wait to get more details, and see the F-Sport and F versions! This is just the regular version and it already looks so aggressive!

I personally feel they made the right choice with the vertical grill slats. Horizontal slats would have made it look more plain and boring. Combined with the fact that the vertical slats have a 3 dimensional shape to them, it will look very sporting and aggressive in person.
Honestly I think the RC looks even better than the LFA! They both look good, though.
Old 11-17-13, 04:05 PM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by heasyrider
I wonder what the price of it will be. Hopefully not more than the LS.
I heard something about going 6 figures... but if LC stands for Luxury Coupe, to me it means the LS Coupe and since the LS hybrid is already hitting 120k, LC won't be less (coupes are always more expensive than sedans)... That's going to be the real halo car of Lexus after the LFA

A very promising future for Lexus I foresee

I am eager to see the RC F Sport! This might actually be the first model which I like it more in F Sport than the normal one.
Old 11-17-13, 07:51 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by pbm317
Are they functional?? from any pictures i've seen they don't look functional. just black plastic trim on the bumper.
dont think they are functional here, might be in F-Sport.

In any case, they are pretty low and they are exaggerated because you wont see them this easily in person... same as front end details.

I expect the car to be head turner in real life.
Old 11-18-13, 05:09 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The RC-F will most likely be saved for Detroit or another 2014 Auto Show.
Old 11-18-13, 07:48 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default Lexus RC Debuts at Special Event in Tokyo

In a surprise move, Lexus unveiled the RC sports coupe at the Ryōgoku Kokugikan sumo stadium in Tokyo tonight.

Getting proper photos in the party people atmosphere was difficult, so I decided instead to focus on details and leave the more extensive photo galleries until tomorrow’s official debut at the Motor Show:

With a limited amount of time to study the RC, I can say that the body lines have a real flow to them, with deep creases that really bring out the muscular profile — I’m certainly eager to see it in the proper light on the auto show floor tomorrow.
http://lexusenthusiast.com/2013/11/1...vent-in-tokyo/
Old 11-18-13, 07:53 AM
Vh_Supra26
Lexus Fanatic

Default New Lexus RC coupé unveiled

Lexus reveals its all-new two-door RC coupé in Tokyo; V6 and hybrid powertrains available

The all-new Lexus RC concept has been revealed ahead of the Tokyo motor show.

Two versions of the two-door coupe will be seen at the show, with these first pictures revealing the RC 300h hybrid, which mates an electric motor with an unspecified 2.5-litre engine. The RC 350, which is powered by a 3.5-litre V6 engine, will also be seen. Lexus says it will announce details of European powertrain options next year.

The company has told Autocar that a more performance-orientated, LFA-like version of the concept will be seen in the New Year, perhaps destined to take on the new BMW M4 which arrives at around the same time. That version should be on sale in the UK before the RC 300h hybrid, which is most likely still a year away.

The exterior features a heavily contoured shape, more so than on previous Lexus models, as well as a wide and low-set spindle grille. The front headlight clusters, which feature three LED lamps, are triangular in shape - a throwback to the LF-LC concept seen at the Detroit motor show in 2012. That car was a hybrid sports coupe, which Lexus confirmed at the time as showing its future design direction, which has now come to fruition on the RC.

Two different wheel designs are available, with a more deeply sculpted 19-inch option shown alongside a smaller, more muscular 18-inch design.

The concept measures 4695mm long by 1840mm wide, with a height of 1395mm and a wheelbase of 2730mm.

Inside, the four-seat cabin includes wood trim. A seven-inch screen in the centre console controls both navigation and infotainment, and is controlled by a new touch-sensistive unit mounted lower down. The seats in the RC are moulded using foam, which Lexus says is similar to the process used for race seats and enhances comfort and support.

The firm says the RC is designed to raise its profile with "a wider audience of customers who are new to Lexus".
http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...ed-364670.aspx
Old 11-18-13, 09:09 AM
LexFather

Fantastic….Krew has been providing updates all night/day….

Seems they dropped the blue from the hybrid badge on the lower sides….
Old 11-18-13, 09:34 AM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 110 Likes on 81 Posts

real life pics look stunning
Old 11-18-13, 09:49 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 62 Likes on 46 Posts

Looks -------- AWESOME!!!!!
RC-F for me please

Btw i love how Lexus lowers the cars for the intros/concept reveal and then the production versions have a 5in fender gap LOL.

Last edited by bitkahuna; 11-18-13 at 06:54 PM.

Quick Reply: Official Lexus RC thread