RC - 1st Gen (2015-present) Discussion about the new Lexus RC model

Official Lexus RC thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-13, 01:05 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by madfast
im talking about the shape of the spindle. its very similar.
it's not the shape of the grill itself that's the issue...i think either one, the LF-LC or the production version now, would have fit the design as we have it. it's those vertical slots within the spindle grill that's not appealing.

the rendering done by MP is exactly what was needed for this car...the grill is truly the only fault i'm seeing personallu, I can live with these integrated fogs if I had to but the grill is an eye sore (not by much) but the only thing i'm not won over by so far
Old 11-04-13, 01:20 PM
LexFather

Also seems the turn signal is in the LED… the LED is white but when you use the turn signal the LED has a yellow strip.

Old 11-04-13, 01:27 PM
madfast
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by baddis es
it's not the shape of the grill itself that's the issue...i think either one, the LF-LC or the production version now, would have fit the design as we have it. it's those vertical slots within the spindle grill that's not appealing.

the rendering done by MP is exactly what was needed for this car...the grill is truly the only fault i'm seeing personallu, I can live with these integrated fogs if I had to but the grill is an eye sore (not by much) but the only thing i'm not won over by so far
-the vertical slats are blacked out
-the vertical slats are 3D, so pictures likely wont do it justice
-wait for the F Sport mesh grille
Old 11-04-13, 01:34 PM
Hoovey689

Received 122 Likes on 82 Posts

Simply outstanding. Oh and bye bye Remote Touch! New Crosshair
Old 11-04-13, 01:35 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wish they would have just made this:
Old 11-04-13, 01:37 PM
84Cressida
Lead Lap

Can someone tell me why the threads were merged? I don't want to have to scroll through over 60 pages of preliminary info to see the new info on this now released car. The release by itself warrants its own thread. This is ridiculous.
Old 11-04-13, 01:39 PM
mordecai
Lead Lap

So just the LF-CC with uglier headlights. I'm glad they didn't as the production model actually looks better. It's all in the details. And for the record, I think the vertical slats look better on this grille. Horizontal slats make it look too wide. I can't wait for the F-sport model!
Old 11-04-13, 01:44 PM
baddis es
Lexus Champion

anyone able to obtain the tire sizes from the pix...wondering if it's on 19x9" rears from the factory?

i'm assuming the FSport will carry 19x9.5" sizing similar to the GS FSport's
Old 11-04-13, 01:47 PM
Mr. Burns
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by mordecai
So just the LF-CC with uglier headlights. I'm glad they didn't as the production model actually looks better. It's all in the details. And for the record, I think the vertical slats look better on this grille. Horizontal slats make it look too wide. I can't wait for the F-sport model!
Fine, keep the new car but put in the LF-CC's grill and bumper. Get rid of the vertical slats, get rid of the fake black vents on the rear bumper, move the foglights out of the grill and into their proper spot in the intakes on either side of the front end, revise the Accord-Coupe door handles, and you would have a near perfect design.
Old 11-04-13, 01:50 PM
asoksevil
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr. Burns
Fine, keep the new car but put in the LF-CC's grill and bumper. Get rid of the vertical slats, get rid of the fake black vents on the rear bumper, move the foglights out of the grill and into their proper spot in the intakes on either side of the front end, revise the Accord-Coupe door handles, and you would have a near perfect design.
I guess what you are looking for is the RC F Sport, not the normal version.

But yeah, the vertical slats looks hideous.
Old 11-04-13, 01:56 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My issue with the front end of this car is that it's very, very busy and there are already a lot of different shapes for the eye to consider as a whole. For one, the main headlight housing now has 3 small projectors with LED "frames" on each one, and then under that, a disconnected DRL. Foglights are also integrated into the grille, so the lighting alone (while badass) is...well...a lot.

The grille continues this "busy" theme with vertical slats, a splitter bar and mesh below that. The lines of horizontal slats compliment the splitter bar and don't create more perpendicular lines on the front of the car. They also compliment the DRLs better than vertical slats. The mesh part under the splitter bar doesn't bother me because it's barely visible, but again, more shapes.

The horizontal slats also align the car with the entire Lexus lineup and give it a little bit more elegance...something to consider in this price point. As much as we all want super aggressive, Lexus will also be going after Merc E Class coupe buyers, 4 series buyers and A5 owners, and this is already far more aggressive than those three. I'm not complaining - I love the aggression - but I like the idea of the "standard" grille being more conservative and the F/F Sport grille being a little more outlandish. With the RC, the F Sport grille may actually end up looking more cohesive.
Old 11-04-13, 02:06 PM
eyeball
Lead Lap

i agree with a previous comment...the front grille should mimic that of the 3IS
Old 11-04-13, 02:17 PM
G Star
Lexus Test Driver

Received 47 Likes on 35 Posts

How many people here don't think Lexus already focus group tested this front end design?

I mean..come on, this is a major corporation here, they don't just throw out final production designs because they think it will do well.
Old 11-04-13, 02:27 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^I'm sure they also focus group tested HS 250h and some others . Mistakes happen, but at least the RC all-in-all is pretty damn awesome
Old 11-04-13, 02:29 PM
SW17LS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,520 Likes on 1,818 Posts

I think when we see this grille in person its going to look great...

Quick Reply: Official Lexus RC thread